Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

updated bears news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: updated bears news Reply with quote

Apparently Angelo's qualms about being timid in Free Agency were a front. Although these players are second-tier he is looking to add a player at each OT, QB, and OLB. In the current chicago tribune article it said the bears were looking at fiedler, warner, and johnson at QB, Ike Reese at OLB and Oliver Ross and Mackenzie at tackle. Personally I would like to see it go this way:

QB Jay Fiedler-He might not be the most exciting quarterback with his mediocre arm, but he has the intelligence and management skills of a proven veteran. Fiedler is makes good decisions, had decent leadrship skills and knows his limitations. And for a a cool 1.5-2mil, not a bad bargain either.

OLB Ike Reese-A smart player who plays well in space. Also a very physical and hard hitter. He would come cheaply, but I hope the bears are looking at Polley or Gold because their former teams don't look to interested in buying them back and either is a much better option. Reese would probably be signed for a mil, for the other two, think at least 2 mil annually.

OT Kareem Mackenzie A monster run blocker and an improving pass protector. A starter for 2 years and he is only 25! I would love to pickup Jonas Jennings at left, so tait could stay at right but i don't think the bears would match his demand of 4-5 mil a year. Jennings is 27, started as a rookie, and is a very good either side. But with a budgeted payroll, Mackenzie would still be a great pickup and would cost fairly cheap at 2 mil for a promising young tackle.

As of now, I know the bears are something like 7 mil under the cap and they would barely have enough to dole out to draft picks. But with the expected releases of R-dub and Tucker, That should bring about 3-4 mil more under the cap. 5-6 mil spent above is almost covered by the savings.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Tucker doesn't save the Bears any money. It will cost them $470,000.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but the bears save 3 million on Mcquarters cut. 3.5 million would be considered between 3 and 4 million. Tucker is a walking injury anyways.
Pdogg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.W. has to go that is toomuch money for a nickle back,plus Nathan Vashier is breathing down his neck.
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: RDUB Reply with quote

RDUB makes to much money. He is overrated and gets burned on almost every pass play that comes his way. I would have dropped him a long [inappropriate/removed] time ago.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, cutting r-dub after June 1st will save the bears an extra million, so don't get your hopes up two fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: