Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Cutler restructures his contract
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18829
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Jay Cutler restructures his contract Reply with quote

Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre 11m
The Bears converted $5M of Jay Cutler’s $22.5M base salary into a signing bonus, creating $4M in 2014 cap space.
https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre

Creating room for something

We have roughly 11.7 million in cap space
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1391
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
_________________

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
1-Rush for 4 yards. HALL OF FAME!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5511
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18829
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5511
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
I hope we're not paying Ihedigbo that much though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18829
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
I hope we're not paying Ihedigbo that much though.


Oh definitely not 4 million a year...I was going along with your premise just taking Jared Allen out....Speaking of which wasnt Jared supposed to decide by now?
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5511
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
I hope we're not paying Ihedigbo that much though.


Oh definitely not 4 million a year...I was going along with your premise just taking Jared Allen out....Speaking of which wasnt Jared supposed to decide by now?
If it's a single player Allen is the only guy who would command a need for that much extra room. Hopefully it's a couple guys though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 748
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
I hope we're not paying Ihedigbo that much though.


Oh definitely not 4 million a year...I was going along with your premise just taking Jared Allen out....Speaking of which wasnt Jared supposed to decide by now?
If it's a single player Allen is the only guy who would command a need for that much extra room. Hopefully it's a couple guys though.


I have a feeling its going to be a couple players instead of just jared allen. James Ihedigbo and perhaps Owen Daniels would make sense to me. We really do need a 3 tech though.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 16 Yards- 144 TDs- 5 Tgts- 32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5511
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
I hope we're not paying Ihedigbo that much though.


Oh definitely not 4 million a year...I was going along with your premise just taking Jared Allen out....Speaking of which wasnt Jared supposed to decide by now?
If it's a single player Allen is the only guy who would command a need for that much extra room. Hopefully it's a couple guys though.


I have a feeling its going to be a couple players instead of just jared allen. James Ihedigbo and perhaps Owen Daniels would make sense to me. We really do need a 3 tech though.
I think they like Paea at DT and I think it's his starting job to lose. Now Nate Collins is hot garbage so DT is still a huge need since Paea doesn't have my full trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 748
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
DaMike wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Hmmmmm I wonder what is going down
Ya I assume this happened to free up room for a specific person.

Maybe Jared Allen or a few mid level guys.


Or James Ihedigbo. But they didnt go to the bank of Jay Cutler for nothing. Its not for an extension because the cap hit would be lowered anyway.
I hope we're not paying Ihedigbo that much though.


Oh definitely not 4 million a year...I was going along with your premise just taking Jared Allen out....Speaking of which wasnt Jared supposed to decide by now?
If it's a single player Allen is the only guy who would command a need for that much extra room. Hopefully it's a couple guys though.


I have a feeling its going to be a couple players instead of just jared allen. James Ihedigbo and perhaps Owen Daniels would make sense to me. We really do need a 3 tech though.
I think they like Paea at DT and I think it's his starting job to lose. Now Nate Collins is hot garbage so DT is still a huge need since Paea doesn't have my full trust.


I really hope Collins doesn't make the team. Hopefully Paea can stay healthy because he was an absolute menace at Oregon St. I was just looking at the free agent market for DTs and there aren't any that would really help us in our system.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 16 Yards- 144 TDs- 5 Tgts- 32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22723
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes DeSean Jackson…jk Laughing

I think this could mean a few mid-level players…possibly Ihedigbo and a backup QB…Bowman is still out there too.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18829
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Here comes DeSean Jackson…jk Laughing

I think this could mean a few mid-level players…possibly Ihedigbo and a backup QB…Bowman is still out there too.


Bowman signed with the Giants.

Brad Biggs thinks clearing the cap was for maintenance during the 2014 season which makes very little sense. They arent going to be using 4 million in cap to sign a free agent off the street.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22723
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Here comes DeSean Jackson…jk Laughing

I think this could mean a few mid-level players…possibly Ihedigbo and a backup QB…Bowman is still out there too.


Bowman signed with the Giants.

Brad Biggs thinks clearing the cap was for maintenance during the 2014 season which makes very little sense. They arent going to be using 4 million in cap to sign a free agent off the street.


Not yet he hasn't...they were reported to be close to a deal but it hasn't been signed yet.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18829
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in that case hopefully we can get him locked up with james ihedigbo. Strengthen the secondary.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9754
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihedigbo

Dark horse is a Marshall extension.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group