Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If not an OL at 19 then who?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russ57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: If not an OL at 19 then who? Reply with quote

Assuming we can't trade, and we don't take an O-lineman, who would you be happy with?

Here are a few guys I think could be there and worth considering at 19. I tried to avoid names I thought would be long gone. In no particular order:

HaHa Clinton Dix
Darqueez Dennard
Marqise Lee
Calvin Pyror
CJ Mosley
Aaron Donald
Eric Ebron

Hard to say who I'd like the best. Ebron would probably offer the most production. Wish he had a little more size and blocking ability. Given our long term inability to cover a TE and prevent the big play a safety might make the most difference. Now if CJ Mosey could stay healthy and get a little bigger he could be just what this team needs.

Who is on your list and who would you pick if the choice was yours? Put me down for Calvin Pryor.
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that list I'd say Dennard. Can't have too many good corners, and with Grimes and Finnegan both being up there in age, this would secure a big spot in our secondary when those 2 are no longer here. Not to mention at 19, Dennard is a steal. Best corner in the nation this year in my opinion.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ebron is there then it is no question. The kid is going to be a beast in the NFL. Hoping he falls to 19. Hickey has said he will be drafting based on BPA not need. We will see

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: If not an OL at 19 then who? Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
Assuming we can't trade, and we don't take an O-lineman, who would you be happy with?

Here are a few guys I think could be there and worth considering at 19. I tried to avoid names I thought would be long gone. In no particular order:

HaHa Clinton Dix
Darqueez Dennard
Marqise Lee
Calvin Pyror
CJ Mosley
Aaron Donald
Eric Ebron

Hard to say who I'd like the best. Ebron would probably offer the most production. Wish he had a little more size and blocking ability. Given our long term inability to cover a TE and prevent the big play a safety might make the most difference. Now if CJ Mosey could stay healthy and get a little bigger he could be just what this team needs.

Who is on your list and who would you pick if the choice was yours? Put me down for Calvin Pryor.

This is a tough one for me. If we don't go O-linemen then I would lean more toward CJ Mosely or Calvin Pryor. I would not be against Eric Ebron or Darqueez Denard.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazier
Benjamin
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that list I would go

Eric Ebron
Calvin Pyror
Darqueez Dennard
CJ Mosley
Aaron Donald
HaHa Clinton Dix
Marqise Lee

In that order.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
If Ebron is there then it is no question. The kid is going to be a beast in the NFL. Hoping he falls to 19. Hickey has said he will be drafting based on BPA not need. We will see

.... and there is where the wrinkle is. A teams basis for ranking players may be totally divergent from your list.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 5, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 5 : Death 24 Joe 14
Russ57

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I would say Darqueez Dennard is BPA. In years past you would never take a TE (or safety for that matter) that early but you would have always taken a CB.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 3 in order from that list would be...

1. Aaron Donald DT
2. Eric Ebron TE
3. CJ Mosley ILB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Eric Ebron is there, and we are drafting best on the board, the guy might be the next Jimmy Graham.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-6)
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

1. Aaron Donald DT
2. Eric Ebron TE
3. CJ Mosley ILB

I concur!!!!!!

Darquez Dennard could be good in our zone system, but he plays his best in the middle of the field and around the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure he can be a successfull CB in the NFL in any system other than a Tampa Cover 2.

I think he could be all rookie as a Strong Safety though.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

1. Aaron Donald DT
2. Eric Ebron TE
3. CJ Mosley ILB

I concur!!!!!!

Darquez Dennard could be good in our zone system, but he plays his best in the middle of the field and around the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure he can be a successfull CB in the NFL in any system other than a Tampa Cover 2.

I think he could be all rookie as a Strong Safety though.

I've often thought our best bet for finding a great safety in this draft if we wanted to do that is to draft a CB and move him to safety. Very deep CB draft.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

1. Aaron Donald DT
2. Eric Ebron TE
3. CJ Mosley ILB

I agree completely with this list. And id we're going corner I would prefer Jason Verret or Kyle Fuller (who also projects nicely at FS).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't feel you need to pick from my list. Could be lots of names I don't know that might be a steal at 19. Maybe you think some guys will slip that I don't. Maybe you value other players higher.

I didn't think Mike Evans and Justin Gilbert would be there and I didn't rate Kony Ealy, Timmy Jernigan, Jason Verrett as high.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter what position. Pick a guy who's likeliest to be a game-changer for us. DE's probably won't be that for us, nor would a DT, as they won't get a chance to play. But if an LB like Mosley or a great safety or a great RB or a great WR is available, go for it. We need some playmakers, regardless of position.

Based on how the draft looks now, Mosley seems to me to be the best option that is likely to be available. While we have starters (or at least players paid like starters) at LB, we need to improve there. But if there's an OL who's on that level talent-wise, we should take him. There are really only two positions on this roster I would say we should pass on drafting in round 1 and they're DE and DT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: