Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Brown: A.J. Greenís option buys time.........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Mike Brown: A.J. Greenís option buys time......... Reply with quote

per 'PFT'........

Mike Brown: A.J. Greenís option buys time to make Andy Dalton call

But he admitted Sunday heís going to take his time doing a long-term deal with A.J. Green, while he focuses on a possible-but-not-certain new contract for quarterback Andy Dalton.

Brown told Paul Dehner of the Cincinnati Enquirer that the team planned to use the fifth-year option on wide receiver A.J. Green, which will lock him in through the 2015 season at the level of the transition tag ($10.176 million for wide receivers).

Sounds like Brown has got it all figured out........

Does anyone else think that letting AJ get through to his final option year without a raise is likely to p$$$ him off enormously ?

[edited by theJ]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
apologies 'J'......edited further to include link.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/23/mike-brown-a-j-greens-option-buys-time-to-make-andy-dalton-call/

Last edited by LondonBengal on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ok with the Dalton thought process, but don't get cute with AJ's contract. Make sure he is locked up forever

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I am ok with the Dalton thought process, but don't get cute with AJ's contract. Make sure he is locked up forever

Help me out here 'ocho'........

Its Dalton first and then everyone else, right ? Or is he calling Daltons' bluff ?
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brown gives Dalton an extension based on the previous three seasons then he's even more inept that I thought.

Dalton needs to be playing for a contract next season.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
If Brown gives Dalton an extension based on the previous three seasons then he's even more inept that I thought.

That's the problem though 'Hokie' right there isn't it ?

You see 0 for 3 in January; The Bengals and Daltons agent see 30-18 and 3 play-off berths in his first 3 years.

I wouldn't dismiss Brown as being 'inept' just yet on this. He will have a value for Dalton in his head; and this may just be his 'leverage' to decide what to do with him. If Dalton wants so much it precludes extending Green and Burfict, he maybe has until May to decide on a possible long term Dalton replacement plan.

This is just Brown playing poker in public......
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB, legal mumbo jumbo but i need you to post the link for this article and only quote a few revelent sentences. We can't post entire articles here, and we can't do so without the article's link.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2149

Webmaster wrote:
2. Quoting from free public articles is allowed provided its not more then a sentence or two and a link is provided to the source.

I edited your OP to shorten it, but i need you to put the link in there.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LB, legal mumbo jumbo but i need you to post the link for this article and only quote a few revelent sentences. We can't post entire articles here, and we can't do so without the article's link.

Webmaster wrote:
2. Quoting from free public articles is allowed provided its not more then a sentence or two and a link is provided to the source.

apologies 'J'....... Link posted in amended opening post......
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

Webmaster wrote:

No problem. Every once in a while i have to be a stickler to keep you yahoo's in line. Wink

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants to pi$$ me off by agreeing to pay me $11 mill for a year's worth of work, I'll gladly stay mad for the whole year.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

Webmaster wrote:

No problem. Every once in a while i have to be a stickler to keep you yahoo's in line. Wink

Never been called a 'yahoo' before. Is that good or bad ?

You carry on being a 'stickler' 'J'. Nothing worser than a 'stickler' not 'stickling'......
Smile
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
If someone wants to pi$$ me off by agreeing to pay me $11 mill for a year's worth of work, I'll gladly stay mad for the whole year.

I hear ya INB, but don't you think its a little dangerous letting AJ get anywhere near his final year, even if it is @ $11M ?
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I hear ya INB, but don't you think its a little dangerous letting AJ get anywhere near his final year, even if it is @ $11M ?

Not especially. We'll franchise him as long as necessary until we work out a long term deal.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Not especially. We'll franchise him as long as necessary until we work out a long term deal.

Exactly. We have him for three more yeqars minimum. I've been saying that for over a year. It would be in everyone's best interest to get it done sooner than later though. I'd do them in this order:

AJ
Tez
Dalton. And I would not go higher than 6-7 mill on dalton
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Exactly. We have him for three more yeqars minimum. I've been saying that for over a year. It would be in everyone's best interest to get it done sooner than later though. I'd do them in this order:

AJ
Tez
Dalton. And I would not go higher than 6-7 mill on dalton

This quote from Brown though 'INB' has Dalton at the front of the queue for a new deal. That's why I questioned whether Brown is trying for force a Dalton deal before the draft........

If Daltons people are holding out for some silly numbers, Brown may say, "sorry guys, that's too much........ we'll go a different direction thanks"........
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:

That's the problem though 'Hokie' right there isn't it ?

You see 0 for 3 in January; The Bengals and Daltons agent see 30-18 and 3 play-off berths in his first 3 years.

I wouldn't dismiss Brown as being 'inept' just yet on this. He will have a value for Dalton in his head; and this may just be his 'leverage' to decide what to do with him. If Dalton wants so much it precludes extending Green and Burfict, he maybe has until May to decide on a possible long term Dalton replacement plan.

This is just Brown playing poker in public......

Every member of the national media will see 0-3 in January as well. The only people who will get on board with a Dalton extension are Bengal homers who will blindly support the team no matter what. Peter King has already said he believes signing Dalton to an extension before the season would be a mistake, and lead editor at Cincy Jungle Josh Kirkendall (who is a bit of a homer IMO) even agrees with him (as does virtually every fan who commented on the article).

I'm all for letting Dalton prove everyone wrong this season, but it would be senseless to lock ourselves into having a (possibly) mediocre quarterback for the next several seasons.

That's all I have to say about the matter, as I don't have any desire to have "Andy Dalton Debate V15.0" on here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: