Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why does everyone say OL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

OL or Skill Player at #2?
OL (Robinson or Matthews)
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Khalil Mack OLB
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Sammy Watkins WO
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Jadaveon Clowney DE
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Golden_Knight5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Like I said, Evans might even help our offense more than Watkins would.

We disagree, I will not convince you nor you me on Evans at 13...I know that after Watkins' rookie season, provided he's not a Ram, you will have wished he were.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden_Knight5 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

We disagree, I will not convince you nor you me on Evans at 13...I know that after Watkins' rookie season, provided he's not a Ram, you will have wished he were.

And I think we would feel the same about Clowney. Clowney is the better prospect pretty easily in my mind.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Golden_Knight5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Golden_Knight5 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

And I think we would feel the same about Clowney. Clowney is the better prospect pretty easily in my mind.

I would not disagree with you. I think come May 8 the Texans are gonna pull the trigger on him though unfortunately
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Apart from the whole "giving Quick a chance" thing, I couldnt agree more with everything you said ^^

Agreed. Just hearing the name Quick hurts my heart. It takes me back to the simple TD drop against the Titans. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rAmFan39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Apart from the whole "giving Quick a chance" thing, I couldnt agree more with everything you said ^^

Agreed. Just hearing the name Quick hurts my heart. It takes me back to the simple TD drop against the Titans. Crying or Very sad

Ya too bad guy just never panned out. Donnie Avery 2.0
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden_Knight5 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
Golden_Knight5 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I would not disagree with you. I think come May 8 the Texans are gonna pull the trigger on him though unfortunately

They wont. Keep track of John McClain he knows his stuff (Texans).

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden_Knight5 wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Ya too bad guy just never panned out. Donnie Avery 2.0

Seems like we always draft sub par receivers. Mardy gilyard, Donnie Avery, Greg salas, Pettis has good hands but nothing special, quick is just another one to add to the list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Cards fan the thought of Quinn and Clowney scares the hell out of me. You guys already have the best DE combo in the NFL but Quinn and Long isn't quite the same as Quinn and Clowney.

Looks like you guys could save 8.5M by cutting Long in 2015 but he is uncuttable in 2014. How do you guys envision the DE rotation looking like in 2014 if you guys were to select Clowney?
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
As a Cards fan the thought of Quinn and Clowney scares the hell out of me. You guys already have the best DE combo in the NFL but Quinn and Long isn't quite the same as Quinn and Clowney.

Looks like you guys could save 8.5M by cutting Long in 2015 but he is uncuttable in 2014. How do you guys envision the DE rotation looking like in 2014 if you guys were to select Clowney?

Probably similar to last year but with Sims's snaps going extinct and Long seeing a slight regression. Would put Clowney somewhere around 40% to 50% of the defensive snaps.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
cover2man_flats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Clowney would excel under the tutelage of Fisher (Has the ability to get the best of out his lineman) and Long (who will make sure he isn't taking plays off, along with Lil Animal).

I also agree with the assessment of, as far as drafting WR's, we have been less than stellar. Tavon is about the only exception. Pettis would be like a poor man's Ricky Proehl IMO. Givens is a good 3rd option, but that's about it. Watkins is a true #1 WR, with serious RAC ability.

Having said that, I'd like to see us draft Clowney at 2, and use the 13 to trade up to grab Watkins. Somehow, I think we are going to trade out of the 2 to Atlanta (unless they trade with Houston) and set up more picks in the middle rounds, and use the 13 to get the BPA.
catcheryea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Greg Robinson is just so damn cute.

And also War Eagle!

And also because Matthews and Robinson are two of the top 4 or 5 players in the draft and could both be All-Pro at multiple positions down the line.

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cover2man_flats wrote:
I think Clowney would excel under the tutelage of Fisher (Has the ability to get the best of out his lineman) and Long (who will make sure he isn't taking plays off, along with Lil Animal).

I also agree with the assessment of, as far as drafting WR's, we have been less than stellar. Tavon is about the only exception. Pettis would be like a poor man's Ricky Proehl IMO. Givens is a good 3rd option, but that's about it. Watkins is a true #1 WR, with serious RAC ability.

Having said that, I'd like to see us draft Clowney at 2, and use the 13 to trade up to grab Watkins. Somehow, I think we are going to trade out of the 2 to Atlanta (unless they trade with Houston) and set up more picks in the middle rounds, and use the 13 to get the BPA.

I disagree. I think Bailey displayed that he can be an effective WR for us next year. Would not be surprised to see him as a starter day one next season. I loved what I saw from him last year.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
cover2man_flats wrote:

I disagree. I think Bailey displayed that he can be an effective WR for us next year. Would not be surprised to see him as a starter day one next season. I loved what I saw from him last year.

I wouldn't write off Chris Givens either. He had a horrendous sophomore slump, but Torry Holt was on local radio the other day talking about how impressed he's been with Givens this off-season and the work that he's putting in...

He thinks he'll bounce back nicely and I can't go against a HOF WR sharing his thoughts on a WR...

IDOG_det on the sig...
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
cover2man_flats wrote:

I wouldn't write off Chris Givens either. He had a horrendous sophomore slump, but Torry Holt was on local radio the other day talking about how impressed he's been with Givens this off-season and the work that he's putting in...

He thinks he'll bounce back nicely and I can't go against a HOF WR sharing his thoughts on a WR...

I'm usually of the same mind, but Givens hasn't even put on pads yet this year. What could Torry be observing that makes him think that? The number of pull-ups he can do?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I'm usually of the same mind, but Givens hasn't even put on pads yet this year. What could Torry be observing that makes him think that? The number of pull-ups he can do?

There are always things you can work on. You don't have to be in a game situation to improve yourself physically or mentally...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: