Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be willing to trade up?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade up to draft Calvin Pryor at #20?
yes
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
no
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

Bears54

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Would you be willing to trade up? Reply with quote

From my previous post, I see a lot of you guys like Aaron Donald at #14 if he is available. So lets say he is and Emery pulls the trigger and drafts the kid. So we get our future DT. Now a few draft picks go by and the team with the #20 overall pick is on the board. Would you guys be willing to give up some draft picks and possibly future draft picks to get Calvin Pryor??? I feel this kid is a stud and is going to have a bright future. Our defense would have a new look and would be a lot better than last years defense.

For the #20 pick overall

Chicago Bears trade:
2014 2nd round pick
Swap 3rd round picks
2014 4th round pick
2015 2nd round pick

For:
2014 #20 pick

Does that sound about right or do we need to give up more?

2014 Starting Defense

DE- Willie Young
DT-Ratliff/Donald
DT-Paea/Collins
DE-Lamar Houston
SLB-Bostic/McCellin
MLB-DJ Williams
WLB-Briggs
FS- Pryor
SS-Mundy
CB-Tillman
CB-Jennings
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely would be willing to invest in a trade up. In General.

Definitely not for Pryor. But if we got Gilbert at #14 and Donald/HaHa//Ealy/Haegman get into the #20s I'd go get them.

2 of the picks I've loved the most were the Stephen Paea move up and the Alshon Jeffery move up. I had Jeffery as a top 2 prospect and Paea as a top 25 prospect. If those guys fall go get them. They're worth it.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would move into the late 1st to get a guy I really want.

But the real move up I wonder about is if we would have the stone to go to 5 and pick Clowney or Mack?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I would move up is if we could get it done by only using one pick from the 2015 draft with our next OTC pick…I don’t think we can afford this year to give up any additional 2014 picks along with the next OTC pick…just too many holes…but if Emery wants to get aggressive using next year’s picks I would be all for it…plenty of talent in this draft.
Beatnik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
But the real move up I wonder about is if we would have the stone to go to 5 and pick Clowney or Mack?

The price would be too high and the risk too big.

I don't think it's a good move unless:

1-You need a QB
2-You have great depth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said no becaue of the following reasons:
In the deepest draft in 10 years we are going to give up 3 picks and move down on another.
Pryor is like HaHa. They are both overhyped. You can get the same guy in R2.
I believe if the front 7 get fixed, the back 4 get better by osmosses.
Also believe rebuilding the defense is a 2 year project with inputting many new faces, not just a FS.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you be willing to trade up? Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
From my previous post, I see a lot of you guys like Aaron Donald at #14 if he is available. So lets say he is and Emery pulls the trigger and drafts the kid. So we get our future DT. Now a few draft picks go by and the team with the #20 overall pick is on the board. Would you guys be willing to give up some draft picks and possibly future draft picks to get Calvin Pryor??? I feel this kid is a stud and is going to have a bright future. Our defense would have a new look and would be a lot better than last years defense.

For the #20 pick overall

Chicago Bears trade:
2014 2nd round pick
Swap 3rd round picks
2014 4th round pick
2015 2nd round pick

For:
2014 #20 pick

Does that sound about right or do we need to give up more?

2014 Starting Defense

DE- Willie Young
DT-Ratliff/Donald
DT-Paea/Collins
DE-Lamar Houston
SLB-Bostic/McCellin
MLB-DJ Williams
WLB-Briggs
FS- Pryor
SS-Mundy
CB-Tillman
CB-Jennings
That would be a horrible trade for the Bears. Perhaps the worst in team history (maybe a first round pick for Meirs would still be the worst). I have NO doubt that Emery would never do this.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

Definitely not for Pryor. But if we got Gilbert at #14 and Donald/HaHa//Ealy/Haegman get into the #20s I'd go get them.

2 of the picks I've loved the most were the Stephen Paea move up and the Alshon Jeffery move up. I had Jeffery as a top 2 prospect and Paea as a top 25 prospect. If those guys fall go get them. They're worth it.
Paea has been a flop since he can't stay on the field and when there is not a force. You better have better examples than this trade. I am not even sure if Paea is going to be on the team in September, if he is not on IR.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Paea has been a flop since he can't stay on the field and when there is not a force. You better have better examples than this trade. I am not even sure if Paea is going to be on the team in September, if he is not on IR.
Hindsight is always 20/20. We're talking about prospects. Paea at the time was worth it.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Hindsight is always 20/20. We're talking about prospects. Paea at the time was worth it.

Made sense at the time but one could argue that Paea has been more underwhelming than Shea McClellin.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Made sense at the time but one could argue that Paea has been more underwhelming than Shea McClellin.
I would disagree with that. Paea was a 2nd round pick and has played very well at times. Shea was a first round pick and is playing LB now for a reason.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTD wrote:
In the deepest draft in 10 years we are going to give up 3 picks and move down on another.
Also believe rebuilding the defense is a 2 year project with inputting many new faces, not just a FS.

Nailed it.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
RTD wrote:

Nailed it.
There's no Haha in round 2.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all our defensive help we cant move up. If at 14 both Donald and Pryor are gone, or if we can get either a few picks later we can move back. This year we cannot trade up period.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only trade up at the top of the draft for Clowney or Mack, and only to 10 or so (cost reasons), and neither guy is getting near 10. I'd be willing to trade back into the bottom of the 1st for a few guys, but not if it means giving up our 2, 4 and 2 next year.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: