Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Convince Me Otherwise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Raiders pass up Bridgewater, then trade up for Carr, I quit. That would be unforgiveable.
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric ebron to the vikings is moronic

we have major needs at quarterback, strong safety, all 3 linebacker spots, guard, and corner, and you give us a guy who plays 1 of the 3 positions on this team that actually sent a guy to the pro bowl in the last 2 years.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Best i can say to convince you not to do it for Atlanta is we run a 3-4 defense now and Clowney isn't exactly a great 3-4 fit. Not saying he can't do it but i personally think he is a much better player and scheme fit in the 4-3 to get the most out of his talents.

Then you add in the fact that Atlanta has so many needs for starting positions in this draft that i don't see how we can fill them if we trade up to #2.

Who would start at FS, TE, and RT if we trade away anything more than a 3rd round pick to go to #2?

Would you be upset at your team if they traded away something along the lines of a 1st, 2nd, 5th and 2nd next year to go grab a 4-3 DE when you run a 3-4 mostly now?

RT is still a huge need for us and you have Greg Robinson there for the taking and their is no way you or anyone else can tell me Robinson + Van Noy or Attouchu are not more talent and better scheme fits for our team while covering more needs than just 1 4-3 DE.

Atlanta has a hybrid defense.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont hate Fuller, but prefer Verrett personally

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If Golden Tate is a number one WR on a super bowl team, raking in over 900 yards and 5 TD's...then I'm pretty sure he can play number 2 WR. So the lions would not be trading up for Evans...Not for a No 2...Even when the falcons Traded up for Julio..they had nothing near Golden Tate as a second WR...plus they didn't have the needs and holes the Lions have..so yeah..not happening.

I don't think the Lions bolstering their receiving corps stops with Tate. Tate is a "nice" #2, but he's an even nicer slot guy--the fact he was a part of Super Bowl winning Seattle last season is inconsequential. The sentiment that I am getting from team press., Tom Lewand, is that the team will want to act aggressively in the draft. Evans is a number one, who will benefit greatly from player across from Calvin. I'm not convinced that this isn't a likely scenario.

True, but his over 900 yards and 5 TD is very much consequential. Plus the 5 year deal they gave him..Also 3 days ago Tom Lewand talked much more about Defense then offense..he stressed the importance on improving it..

Quote:
Lewand explained the Lions are looking for ways to improve their secondary, but adding a player up front could also improve the pass defense. The Lions have drafted a defensive lineman in the first round in three of the past four seasons — tackles Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley and end Ziggy Ansah.

“We built our team up front, and I think I wouldn’t change a thing about that,” Lewand said. “Giving the quarterback a very short time to throw the ball (and) putting a lot of pressure on him sometimes can be the actual best pass defense.

“Are we looking at ways to strengthen our team on the back end of the defense? Absolutely, I think we have to do that.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140318/SPORTS0101/303180076#ixzz2wjjApbUA

Move up for Something they already have? nope. Especially when team owner is stressing Defense more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Best i can say to convince you not to do it for Atlanta is we run a 3-4 defense now and Clowney isn't exactly a great 3-4 fit. Not saying he can't do it but i personally think he is a much better player and scheme fit in the 4-3 to get the most out of his talents.

Then you add in the fact that Atlanta has so many needs for starting positions in this draft that i don't see how we can fill them if we trade up to #2.

Who would start at FS, TE, and RT if we trade away anything more than a 3rd round pick to go to #2?

Would you be upset at your team if they traded away something along the lines of a 1st, 2nd, 5th and 2nd next year to go grab a 4-3 DE when you run a 3-4 mostly now?

RT is still a huge need for us and you have Greg Robinson there for the taking and their is no way you or anyone else can tell me Robinson + Van Noy or Attouchu are not more talent and better scheme fits for our team while covering more needs than just 1 4-3 DE.

Yeah Demarcus Ware is about 258-260... so Clowney could play that role..especially if its a hybrid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what you did here for the Raiders. Great trades and I would be ecstatic if this were to happen.

Although, who do you think would be a better NT for the Raiders? Donald or Nix? Donald is a disruptive force no doubt, but with a hole at 4-3 NT for the Raiders maybe Nix is a better fit? Not sure.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I really like Mack but he is my #3 guy and #1 is Teddy who you have use passing on. So id much rather have Teddy

Based on what you've been hearing, do you think the Jaguars covet Teddy with the first pick?
There is no real buzz about the Jaguar draft interests other than Clowney saying he would like to play under Bradley. No real reason to think the Jaguars would not be interested in the best QB in the class.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Im not saying he couldn't play it just that others might be more suited to doing it. With that said if he thinks we are giving up 2 1st's a 2nd and a 4th to move up 4 spots he is crazy. The Dolphins only gave up 1 2nd round pick to go from 12 to 3 last year to grab a elite prospect at the same position.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're getting too excited over the Marqise Lee - Pete Carroll - USC connection.

It's an unlikely pick. The Seahawks are pretty unpredictable in the draft's early rounds (Carpenter, Irvin and Michael were all major surprises to me). With that being said, I'd say the Hawks are likely to address the trenches in Rd1 (DLine or OLine).
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas trading up for a NT to play the 1 tec in Rods Defense? Do ur homework next time...why do u think Dallas passed on Floyd last year when he was ranked as the #5 player on their board...BECAUSE HE DIDNT FIT WHAT THEY DO AND DALLAS WILL NEVER SPEND A 1ST ON A 1 TEC THAT JUST SUCKS UP SPACE

pEACe
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas trading up for a NT to play the 1 tec in Rods Defense? Do ur homework next time...why do u think Dallas passed on Floyd last year when he was ranked as the #5 player on their board...BECAUSE HE DIDNT FIT WHAT THEY DO AND DALLAS WILL NEVER SPEND A 1ST ON A 1 TEC THAT JUST SUCKS UP SPACE

pEACe
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Convince Me Otherwise Reply with quote

Pretty bold pick for the Saints... you must be pretty high on Smith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Maverick12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions trade up it will probably be for Watkins and that's it. If he's already off the board, I don't think we'll see them trading up.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for Oakland. Donald and Carr? A+

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: