Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Badgers0821 2 Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Badgers0821 2 Round Mock Reply with quote

Enjoy the mock, comment away.

DISCLAIMER: I do not project trades, so please don't tell me your team would trade out of a spot, thanks.

1. HOU - Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB, South Carolina

I have gone back and forth and back again. Clowney may not be the most popular pick but he is the #1 player on my board and none of the QBs are in the top 5 so the Texans do the right thing and not reach for need but draft for talent and bring in a player who can be a huge upgrade over Reed on the outside and take some pressure off JJ Watt.

2. STL - Greg Robinson, OT, Aubrn

Robinson is a beast up front and another player on the top of my board. Long continues to have health issues and the right side could use an upgrade as well. He will be the LT of the future, even if he starts his career on the right side.

3. JAX - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

First of all I don't think any QB in this raft is worth a top 5 pick but with that said Henne is not the future. It wouldn't be my first pick as a GM but does make sense for them to grab the most NFL ready QB of the group. His poor pro day would also be a concern but this seems to be a popular pick.

4. CLE - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

The Browns have had struggles at the QB position for a very long time. Some of their top picks (Couch, Quinn, Weeden) have just not panned out. They need to find consistency at the position and I think Bortles will ultimately be the best QB out of this draft class in the long run.

5. OAK - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

Mack is a beast and the Raiders love their hard-nosed, strong linebackers. With the addition of Schaub (not a solution to the QB problem) their QB need becomes a little lighter and they can afford to bypass one and take the BPA.

6. ATL - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A & M

The Falcons lose out on Clowney and Mack so they strengthen their OL with a top 5 talent in this draft. Matthews is technically sound and can help bolster the protection around Matt Ryan.

7. TB - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

After improving their defense through FA the Bucs draft the #1 playmaker in this years draft. Watkins has been impressive this off season and he would be a huge lift to an already pretty decent offense (with Muscle Hampster back).

8. MIN - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A & M

Not a high priority need for the Vikings but imagine in a couple years when they have Patterson and Evans tearing up opposing secondaries? Scary. The Vikings need secondary help but this is too early for any of those options o they go the BPA route and snag this big time wide out.

9. BUF - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina

This is the perfect weapon for such a young offense. Someone to take pressure off of Manuel and provide a nice athletic target. He is an under rated blocker and will really help this offense evolve over the next 5 years.

10. DET - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

Each year the Lions pass on a top DB and every year they continue to get torched through the air, giving up a ton of points on the year. It is my opinion they should address this issue right away and Gilbert is an excellent player who can bring stability to a less than desirable secondary.

11. TEN - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

With the move to the 3-4 the Titans need a good rush OLB. Barr can bring that athleticism to a group that lacked some pass rush last year. NT and OLB are the cornerstones of the 3-4 so this pick makes a lot of sense.

12. NYG - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

This is a top need for the Giants and Lewan had a very solid career at Michigan. He is more than capable of protecting the blindside for the next 10-12 years. The O-line struggled last year and this could help build towards a strength rather than a weakness.

13. STL - HaSean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

The Rams have a good defense but they do need help in the secondary, particularly at the safety position. With the top WRs gone and already having snagged the best OL in the draft, this pick makes a lot of sense. HCD can bring explosiveness and great ball hawking skills to an already opportunistic defense.

14. CHI - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

The bears need some help up front. They were terrible against the run last year. Donald would bring some much needed stoutness up the middle and is a great fit as a UT in the base 4-3 defense.

15. PIT - Darquez Dennard, CB, Michigan State

The Steelers need a CB who can handle #1 wide outs, they currently do not have anyone who can do that. Dennard seems like a typical Steeler CB. He can lock down in coverage and brings toughness in the run game. this is a great fit on both sides.

16. DAL - Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU

Going back to the 4-3 didn't work as well as they had hoped. They need to get more stout up front and Jernigan is a great value here. They have signed a couple of DTs in FA but they could use a big time DT for the future and Jernigan is that guy.

17. BAL - Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Baltimore lost Boldin last year and it showed. Flacco was not good for someone who was coming off of a big SB win and huge contract. They need to get him some help opposite Torrey Smith and Lee was once considered a top 10 pick. I still feel he is a top 3 WR in this draft so the Ravens can grab him and immediately upgrade their offense.

18. NYJ - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State

Geno needs some help and Cooks is an exception athlete and catches everything that comes his way. The Jets need playmakers and I can;t think of a bette one than Cooks at this point.

19. MIA - Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame

Miami had one of the worst offensive lines last year and they still almost made the playoffs. Give Tannehill some protection and the run game some holes to run through and this is a playoff team. They start to rebuild and draft Martin who excels in pass protection but is also a solid run blocker as well.

20. ARI - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A & M

Dee Ford is a popular pick here but Manziel is too good to pass on at this point. Palmer won't be in Arizona much longer and Manziel can step into a pretty good situation with a top WR, another one on the rise and a very very good defense. Rush OLB is a need but again, Manziel would be hard to pass on.

21. GB - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville

Pryor would bring a toughness to the Packers secondary that they have lacked ever since Collins went down with a neck injury. Pryor can cover and step into the box and play the run. Players like Pryor are going to become more and vital to defenses with the emergence of so many mobile QBs.

22. PHI - CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama

The Eagles have some pieces in place at ILB but they could all be upgraded. Ryans has not been very good since he has played in the 3-4. Not only would Mosley upgrade an area of need, he is also the BPA at this point in the draft.

23. KC - O'Dell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU

The Chiefs have some needs on the defensive side after losing some key guys up front but they have lacked a solid #2 wide out for a while. McCluster, Baldwin, or Jenkins haven't panned out so far. Beckham is a physical WR who can go up and get the ball at its highest point.

24. CIN - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

After losing Johnson to the Bucs the Bengals need a replacement and Ealy is a good fit at this point. He is a big DE and may be better fit for the 3-4 but he can still be a great pass rusher and have plenty of impact in a 4-3.

25. SD - Louis Nix III, NT, Notre Dame

This is priority 1a for the Chargers. Nix can lay the NT and the Chargers need one desperately. They could also go CB here but in my opinion, NTs are much harder to come by, so they pull the trigger on one of the top DTs in the draft.

26. CLE - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU

After going with a QB with pick #4 they get someone who can be a difference maker in the passing game. Gordon was excellent last year but he could use some help, and a big bodied Benjamin could be the perfect compliment to him.

27. NO - Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State

Shazier is a very versatile LB who should be able to play either inside or outside. After their signing of Byrd, the Saints filled a huge need. Now they take a playmaker at the next level. Shazier constantly made plays and his film speaks for itself. The Saints can afford to wait on a WR in this extremely deep class.

28. CAR - Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt

The Panthers need a WR in the worst way. Matthews is a good size wide out with great hands, ll he did was catch everything while totaling 112 total catches last year.

29. NE - RaShede Hageman, DE, Minnesota

NE needs to reload up front. Hageman is a great defensive player who can fit nicely into the 5 tech position. His combination of size and strength mixed with quickness and agility makes him an ideal match for what the Patriots like to do.

30. SF - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

Without a lot of gaping holes the niners could use an upgrade at the cornerback position. A few recent signings didn't pan out and they have lost a few players in FA so it makes sense for them to help fill that void in the first round.

31. DEN - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

Roby has all the abilities and natural talent to be a top flight cornerback. His stock has dropped since a less than excellent senior season. Denver signed Talib but also lost DRC and Bailey. They need to get younger at the position and Roby helps that imediately.

32. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

Although they won the Superbowl, they had a whirlwind season on the offensive line. Wilson often didn't have a lot of time to throw and injuries played huge part in the problem along the offensive line. With their RT gone and needs at OG, Moses could fill either void as I feel he can play inside or out.

ROUND 2:

33. HOU - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
34. WAS - Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn
35. CLE - Xavier Sua-Filo, OG, UCLA
36. OAK - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
37. STL - Jerry Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech
38. TB - Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
39. JAX - Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
40.MIN - Jimmie War, S, Northern Illinois
41. BUF - Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State
42. TEN - Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
43. NYG - Demarcus Lawrence, OLB, Boise State
44. STL - Davante Adams, WR Fresno State
45. DET - Carl Bradford, OLB, Arizona State
46. PIT - Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
47. DAL - Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
48. BAL - Marcus Martin, C, USC
49. NYJ - Dion Bailey, S, USC
50. MIA - Scott Chrichton, DE, Oregon State
51. CHI - Lamarcus Joyner, CB, FSU
52. ARI - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
53. GB- Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
54. PHI - Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
55. CIN - Bashaud Breeland, CB, Florida
56. SF - Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
57. SD - Louchez Purifoy, CB, Florida
58. NO - David Yankey, OG, Stanford
59. IND - Craig Loston, S, LSU
60. CAR - Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
61. SF - Donte Moncreif, WR, Ole Miss
62. NE - Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
63. DEN - Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
64. SEA - Troy Niklaus, TE,
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like cooks for the jets. I have OBJ ranked higher then him, but I still like cooks. As for the jets 2nd rounder I'd much rather go ASJ there for us. We need a TE pretty bad. I'd rather get a safety later.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 1st the 2nd is ok but rather have Yankey

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
#FireLovie
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very surprised by Titans picking a RB in the 2nd.

Thoughts behind it?

Still have CJ on roster for now (I know people think he's gone), signed Greene last year, resigned Battle, and signed McCluster.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Bortles, hate Benjamin. Jordan Mathews would be a better pick there.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Browns picks IMO

Vince Lombardi
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather have Richburg or Van Noy in round 2 since we spent money on Gerhart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHIEFS: Yeah the Chiefs may be looking to trade down or out of the 1st. They don't have a 2nd or 7th. More picks may be in order. Sorry didn't read your "disclaimer" very well. However, I still believe this is probably the Chiefs first choice.

Last edited by Flexx on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lord would this be a great Steelers draft.

Welcome to Sixburgh.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 1st pick, not the 2nd. Hyde doesn't impress me at all outside of being a power back and we already have two of them. Rather go with Tuitt.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the Skov pick would rather have Gabe Jackson

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Very surprised by Titans picking a RB in the 2nd.

Thoughts behind it?

Still have CJ on roster for now (I know people think he's gone), signed Greene last year, resigned Battle, and signed McCluster.

What about this statement makes you think they don't need a RB? Just because you have players at the position on your roster doesn't mean it's not a need.

I on't think any of the RBs on their roster are starting RBs and I would bet that CJ2K won't be back.

Last edited by badgers0821 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
Like Bortles, hate Benjamin. Jordan Mathews would be a better pick there.

If you have Matthews rated over Benjamin that is your prerogative, but I don't.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I'd much rather have Richburg or Van Noy in round 2 since we spent money on Gerhart

I hear you, but Gerhard is not a starting RB and I believe it was a bad signing on the part of the Jags. Either way they need a RB for the future.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosley is only a bpa pick which is ok. We have no need at ILB.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: