Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My mock...go ahead...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kgreene06


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 554
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazman321 wrote:
Another mock another fail for the Eagles, once again Dee Ford is a defensive end in the 4-3 defense, the Eagles run the 3-4 defense, already have 3 Dee Ford types in Cole, Curry and Graham, what they need is a true 3-4 outside rush linebacker in the mold of Mack or Barr both will be gone. So go safety, corner or wide out in round 1.


At 6'2 244, Dee Ford is not a 4-3 DE. He projects to be a OLB in a 3-4 which is still a need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greene my friend you let the #1 need and #1 player in the draft go right past us bro Smile

Khalil Mack would easily be the choice for us at #6 if available he fits our scheme perfectly and would fix the DE/LB hole we have had for years and give us a legit playmaker at that position.

Matthews would be a last resort as he fits much better as a LT in the nfl with his play style being more technical and a bit soft. A guy like Robinson would be much better for RT if available but even then you don't take a RT over your #1 need and a much more important position in Rush DE/LB.

In order for the Falcons if they are there for us then you go Clowney/Mack whoever you like or think fits the 3-4 scheme better. I prefer Mack but others like Clowney. Then Robinson for RT Then Trade down to get more picks + a FS in the mid 1st. Then Matthews if no trade down partner.

We don't have a need for LT so to me taking a prospect who is more suited for LT with his play style at the next level just isn't that great when we have so many other needs. Now if all those guys and options are gone then you take a top 5 talent in Matthews and just be happy you got a guy that talented from the draft. But if you can get other bigger needs filled easier with just as talented players then you got hat way every day.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgreene06 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Teddy at 26 and Gilbert at 5 stand out to me as absurd and ridiculous picks. A poor pro day is not enough to drop a guy like Teddy that far. He is still a top 10, if not top 5 pick. As for Gilbert, he is good, but not great to the point of warranting such a high pick. Throw in the fact OAK went with Hayden last year and I just find it hard to believe Gilbert goes that high


I agree, with that said...for a guy who did nothing at the combine and had a ducky pro day combined with an pretty average season, I don't see why not. As far as Gilbert going that high, teams reach every year ( Bruce irvin? Blaine Gabbert), Oakland is a team devoid of talent and I could see them reaching for Gilbert.


Teddy Bridgewater had an average season? Pretty sure completing 71% of your passes and going for just about 4000 yards with a 31:4 TD to INT ratio is far from average. I would call it pretty damn good. The guy has shown himself to be the best QB in this class and while his ceiling might fall a bit short of a guy like Bortles, his floor is a hell of a lot higher. Neither his pro day or combine did enough to make him a late first round player, and the media is ridiculous for legitimately suggesting it.

As for Gilbert and the Raiders, the fact that they are so lacking in the talent department makes me even more skeptical they would reach for a player. After all they need as much talent as possible, not a reach who fills one of their many needs. And just to point out regarding Gabbert, he was not a reach. Retrospectively, he was a terrible pick for the Jaguars, but 'reach' is a relative term and refers to his value as a prospect. Gabbert was being regarded by some NFL people as the best QB in the class and much more deserving of going #1 overall the Carolina. Retrospectively, that was an incorrect assessment, but taking Gabbert at #10 was not a reach at the time.


Last edited by JagsFanInNY on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3674
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please.
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jachue Jones


Joined: 06 Feb 2014
Posts: 311
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't Beckham fall to 13 anyways
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 2336
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the fudge is Denver's pick and what did we get for it? This mock is boring
_________________


Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
19. Trade: KC-Eric Ebron, TE

Doubtful, even if he slid. The Chiefs used a 2nd round pick on a TE last year and already traded their 2014 2nd for Alex Smith. Look for a lineman.
pretty sure it was a 3rd rounder for Kelce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgreene06


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 554
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
kgreene06 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Teddy at 26 and Gilbert at 5 stand out to me as absurd and ridiculous picks. A poor pro day is not enough to drop a guy like Teddy that far. He is still a top 10, if not top 5 pick. As for Gilbert, he is good, but not great to the point of warranting such a high pick. Throw in the fact OAK went with Hayden last year and I just find it hard to believe Gilbert goes that high


I agree, with that said...for a guy who did nothing at the combine and had a ducky pro day combined with an pretty average season, I don't see why not. As far as Gilbert going that high, teams reach every year ( Bruce irvin? Blaine Gabbert), Oakland is a team devoid of talent and I could see them reaching for Gilbert.


Teddy Bridgewater had an average season? Pretty sure completing 71% of your passes and going for just about 4000 yards with a 31:4 TD to INT ratio is far from average. I would call it pretty damn good. The guy has shown himself to be the best QB in this class and while his ceiling might fall a bit short of a guy like Bortles, his floor is a hell of a lot higher. Neither his pro day or combine did enough to make him a late first round player, and the media is ridiculous for legitimately suggesting it.

As for Gilbert and the Raiders, the fact that they are so lacking in the talent department makes me even more skeptical they would reach for a player. After all they need as much talent as possible, not a reach who fills one of their many needs. And just to point out regarding Gabbert, he was not a reach. Retrospectively, he was a terrible pick for the Jaguars, but 'reach' is a relative term and refers to his value as a prospect. Gabbert was being regarded by some NFL people as the best QB in the class and much more deserving of going #1 overall the Carolina. Retrospectively, that was an incorrect assessment, but taking Gabbert at #10 was not a reach at the time.


Gabbert is, was and always will be a reach, and in short fashion he showed why. Same thing with Christian Ponder. Same thing with Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams, Tyson Alualu, etc...it happens every year bro.

Fact is Bridgewater didn't perform at the combine which isn't unheard of, but he followed it up with a craptacular pro day. That doesn't bode well. Bortles on the other hand did perform pretty darn good and followed it up with an even better pro day. He is also bigger at 6'5 compared to 6'2, won the AAC and beat Baylor in a upset of pretty major proportions. It's "what have you done for me lately" and Bridgewater has done nothing important lately, except for blow his pro day. I think Bridgewater will be a great pro, but I'm skeptical of any team who takes a QB in the top 15 picks who has been on a perpetual slide post college.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgreene06 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
kgreene06 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Teddy at 26 and Gilbert at 5 stand out to me as absurd and ridiculous picks. A poor pro day is not enough to drop a guy like Teddy that far. He is still a top 10, if not top 5 pick. As for Gilbert, he is good, but not great to the point of warranting such a high pick. Throw in the fact OAK went with Hayden last year and I just find it hard to believe Gilbert goes that high


I agree, with that said...for a guy who did nothing at the combine and had a ducky pro day combined with an pretty average season, I don't see why not. As far as Gilbert going that high, teams reach every year ( Bruce irvin? Blaine Gabbert), Oakland is a team devoid of talent and I could see them reaching for Gilbert.


Teddy Bridgewater had an average season? Pretty sure completing 71% of your passes and going for just about 4000 yards with a 31:4 TD to INT ratio is far from average. I would call it pretty damn good. The guy has shown himself to be the best QB in this class and while his ceiling might fall a bit short of a guy like Bortles, his floor is a hell of a lot higher. Neither his pro day or combine did enough to make him a late first round player, and the media is ridiculous for legitimately suggesting it.

As for Gilbert and the Raiders, the fact that they are so lacking in the talent department makes me even more skeptical they would reach for a player. After all they need as much talent as possible, not a reach who fills one of their many needs. And just to point out regarding Gabbert, he was not a reach. Retrospectively, he was a terrible pick for the Jaguars, but 'reach' is a relative term and refers to his value as a prospect. Gabbert was being regarded by some NFL people as the best QB in the class and much more deserving of going #1 overall the Carolina. Retrospectively, that was an incorrect assessment, but taking Gabbert at #10 was not a reach at the time.


Gabbert is, was and always will be a reach, and in short fashion he showed why. Same thing with Christian Ponder. Same thing with Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams, Tyson Alualu, etc...it happens every year bro.

Fact is Bridgewater didn't perform at the combine which isn't unheard of, but he followed it up with a craptacular pro day. That doesn't bode well. Bortles on the other hand did perform pretty darn good and followed it up with an even better pro day. He is also bigger at 6'5 compared to 6'2, won the AAC and beat Baylor in a upset of pretty major proportions. It's "what have you done for me lately" and Bridgewater has done nothing important lately, except for blow his pro day. I think Bridgewater will be a great pro, but I'm skeptical of any team who takes a QB in the top 15 picks who has been on a perpetual slide post college.
so you would be skeptical of a team that looks at 3+ years of game tape more than a pro day and combine, both of which are 'underwear practices' that have no real correlation to success in the NFL? Interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgreene06


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 554
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would...If underwear workouts is so meaningless, then why not just go ahead and do it? Isnt that why the combine is there? Luck did it, Manning did it along with countless QB's that were better prospects. Teddy Bridgewater isn't Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning or any sure fire, cant miss prospect. Bortles and Bridgewater played in the same conference, yet one has more to prove than the other? Please...If any team takes him in the top 10, more power to them. But if for some reason 3 years from now we hear Brigdewater is about as good as Jason Campbell, it wouldn't be a major shock. Maybe if he shows improve in individual workouts with teams then its a different story. Til then...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 3663
Location: Scranton, PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Rather Have Mack or Evans
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83191
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney is a great pick, but Teddy is a franchise QB and therefore should be the pick
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holeman1


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 640
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Carr over Brigewater for the Cardinals'? (im confused, how)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The OUTLAW


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8425
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'd be astounded if Bridgewater was there when the Browns picked at 26
_________________
You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser

Vince Lombardi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flexx


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 845
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
19. Trade: KC-Eric Ebron, TE

Doubtful, even if he slid. The Chiefs used a 2nd round pick on a TE last year and already traded their 2014 2nd for Alex Smith. Look for a lineman.
Actually it was a 3rd. There 2nd was gone, also due to the Smith trade. Point well taken however. I would agree, probably a lineman,(OG?). WR and S, are probably in the mix as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group