Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Article -Reasons to Trade Up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Article -Reasons to Trade Up Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1999200-why-washington-redskins-must-trade-into-first-round-of-nfl-draft

I think it will certainly take our 4th round pick.. Might be worth the move--intersting article and the teams looking for Receivers..
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my problem with this article, they say there are 5 prospects worth trading up for, and they say we should trade up to pick 30 at the most for them. We pick at 34, do the math one of those prospects is guaranteed to be there for us.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Here's my problem with this article, they say there are 5 prospects worth trading up for, and they say we should trade up to pick 30 at the most for them. We pick at 34, do the math one of those prospects is guaranteed to be there for us.

My good man, we think exactly alike--sometimes.. I too reasoned that out, however, they seem to be implying our priority is at Receiver .. !
AND they bring up that thing re. the value added of an extra year for a 1st round pick .
zeebs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, I would hope we trade down unless a stud falls into our laps.

I'm expecting a handful of teams wanting to trade up for a QB at the top of round 2.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

That's only if we view those 5 prospects equally and view their need OT vs. WR equally. If we're looking for a WR and we want Cooks and those last three of the 1rst round truly are targeting WR, then it makes sense to trade #34 and our 5th to trade up to pick 29.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

That's only if we view those 5 prospects equally and view their need OT vs. WR equally. If we're looking for a WR and we want Cooks and those last three of the 1rst round truly are targeting WR, then it makes sense to trade #34 and our 5th to trade up to pick 29.

5th won't do it ..That extra year for a first rounder adds a round to the value.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

The thing you are not taking into consideration is the extra year a first pick gets on his contract.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

The thing you are not taking into consideration is the extra year a first pick gets on his contract.
I have. I don't think one extra year is worth a 4th. A 5th is even debatable but a 4th is way too high of a price to pay for one extra year on a contract.

Redskins FFMD War Room
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is worth the move. Every other team has been grabbing young talent out the draft last couple years. And we dont have picks for it. And this year its cost us what could of been a long term megastar..
So we should do what it takes to move up as far as we can. To get the best talent we can.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Is worth the move. Every other team has been grabbing young talent out the draft last couple years. And we dont have picks for it. And this year its cost us what could of been a long term megastar..
So we should do what it takes to move up as far as we can. To get the best talent we can.
We have no picks for it, but you want to give up picks to move up. Ok.....

Redskins FFMD War Room
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
We have no picks for it, but you want to give up picks to move up. Ok.....

Wanna give up anything to move up.. And the higher up, the higher the percentage a guy is around after a couple years.. Id rather take 1 risk at 75% he will be around in 3 years, than 2 at less than 40%.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're moving up for a receiver I want Beckham. That dude is a dynamic weapon. I have no doubt he'll succeed at the next level. For the record though, I'm against trading up. I'll all about the trade back for more picks i.e FFMD this year (still love that trade we pulled off). Actually if we're gonna trade up, I like trading our late round picks to move up into the mid rounds, I think that's the secret formula.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd move up for several players if we don't think they'll be there at 34.

This team needs "quality" not "quantity"

We have a lot of young players for depth, but we don't have many "quality" starters.

If we feel we can move up 5 spots and get a definite starter within the next few years, we should do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say trade back and get an extra pick or two.We all like J Mathews and he may still be available going into the 3rd.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
I have to say trade back and get an extra pick or two.We all like J Mathews and he may still be available going into the 3rd.

No more trading back. It's already cost us JJ Watt, Robert Quinn and Rodney Hudson. Either move up to get Benjamin or Shazier or stay put and take the best talent available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: