Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moreno and his pass protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huddle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Moreno and his pass protection Reply with quote

Everybody think he is so good in pass protection but at this stats he is not so much better. What you think about this stats ?

For 2013, PFF has Moreno at 24th in PBE. 80 pass blocking snaps. Allowed 1 sack and 7 total pressures. PBE of 93.1
They also have Lamar Miller as 14th. 127 pass blocking snaps. Allowed 2 sacks and 7 total pressures. PBE of 95.5

Daniel Thomas pass blocked on over 41% of passing plays in which he was involved which was 2nd in that category. However his PBE was 91.8 and 37th among RB who played in at least 25% of snaps. Allowed 3 sacks and 9 total pressures in 91 pass blocking snaps.

The best you ask? By far and away it is MJD. He had 110 pass blocking snaps and allowed ZERO pressures of any kind.

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD will fetch about 4.5-5.0 Million a season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
MJD will fetch about 4.5-5.0 Million a season.

He may be asking that right now, but no one is willing to pay it. He left Pittsburgh without an offer. I say let sit another week, and then offer 3 mil a season, which is the number I keep hearing that Hickey wont go above for a running back. Moreno hasn't signed yet, so I am guessing he wants more than what the phins are willing to pay.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can care less about these quantitative stats. I have seen Moreno stick his head in there and tie up blocks. I prefer Pierre Thomas myself plus. I dont think we really need another RB but if Miami will get one I prefer a veteran.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he comes at the price of the other backs who've signed so far, this would be a nice signing.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
If he comes at the price of the other backs who've signed so far, this would be a nice signing.

Agreed. The price is right on RB's, if you ask me.

Huddle is right, Moreno's pass blocking isn't really any better than Lamar Miller's. If he is being brought in to be a pass blocker then I think its a mistake.

He should be brought in because A) In today's game you need two backs B) He's could win the starting spot C) He's a clear upgrade to Daniel Thomas and perhaps an upgrade to Miller D) He's contributes significantly in the passing game E) He looked like a new player last year after his knee procedure last year F) It reduces a need in the draft.

I'd also be pleased with MJD, but Daniel Thomas sucks and Miller showed nothing overly impressive last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: