Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March 20th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Dang that sucks for Atlanta how the draft turned out in the top 5. Absolutely worst case scenario for us as our top 3 guys in Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone.

I personally offer the #6 pick to anyone offering a 2nd or a 3rd drop down some and take a FS like Pryor or HAHA or a Hybrid LB/DE like Barr or Ford. If no one offers anything then i reluctantly take Matthews as he is a top 5 player but more so of a Lt prospect nor RT he plays technical and soft just not a great Rt prospect to me at the next level like Robinson is.

I feel your pain as a Bucs fan. Funny how there is still significant talent after those guys but it feels like like a drop off off regardless. I originally had Atlanta trading up for Greg but I think the extra draft pick and Mathews is a better choice in the long run for the Falcons.

Yeah im with you only 2 people i trade up for would be Clowney or Mack. RT just isn't a big enough need to trade up for imo.

Most i give for Mack or clowney would be a 3rd to go to like 3 or 4 as well.

I think the top 5 guys have really separated themselves from the rest of the draft so that leaves ATL and TB with first dibs of best of the next. Hopefully TB gets trade partners at 7.

Actually i want a trade down myself if one of the top QB's fall we need a FS something bad and i think Trading down to say 15 to 20 and grabbing Pryor or HaHa while picking up a 2nd rounder would help us tremendously.

#15 - Pryor/HaHa - FS
2A - Van Noy/Attouchu - De/LB
2B - Johnson - OT
3rd - Niklas - TE

Thats all 4 top needs with good talent at each one the rest of the draft we could go BPA or double up on those needs to battle it out best man wins.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Lee to the Steelers. They have enough smaller type of WRs. If they do go for a WR then I would like Benjamin. However, Gilbert would be my top choice.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would be intrigued for Manziel to be drafted by the Titans @ #11

I do also realize the odds of this happening are very slim, and it wouldn't be a popular choice. But I sure do love watching Johnny play football.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: Im mad at the fact theyve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the Browns trading their second first unless there is significant compensation like a second this year and a second or first next year.

Vince Lombardi
nathan004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
I don't really see the Browns trading their second first unless there is significant compensation like a second this year and a second or first next year.

The Browns traded up to get bridgewater. Not trade down.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see another person trying to be realistic(and different). Let me address some of your picks:

HOU: I can't see Clowney being the guy at this point, all signs point squarely toward Bortles.

MIN: If this were the scenario, yeah, I could definitely see this happening.

TB: Hard to imagine Tampa Bay passing on Bridgewater, but if they do, Ebron would a guy they do it with.

TEN: Taking Manziel here is a tough sell, in my opinion. I doubt Wisenhunt took the Tennessee job because he didn't like Locker as his QB. Manziel would still be a each here.

NYJ: Interesting trade up. It makes common sense, but I don't think it's likely. I think they're hell bent on getting a receiver in the first (just look at their personal visits).

AZ: I'm pretty sure Arians virtually said he won't be taking a QB in round one.

NO: I could see them trading up, but not for Mosley. They desperately need an OLB made for the 3-4.

That is all. Nice to read a mock that isn't chalk all the way through.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Nice to see another person trying to be realistic(and different). Let me address some of your picks:

HOU: I can't see Clowney being the guy at this point, all signs point squarely toward Bortles.

TB: Hard to imagine Tampa Bay passing on Bridgewater, but if they do, Ebron would a guy they do it with.

TEN: Taking Manziel here is a tough sell, in my opinion. I doubt Wisenhunt took the Tennessee job because he didn't like Locker as his QB. Manziel would still be a each here.

NYJ: Interesting trade up. It makes common sense, but I don't think it's likely. I think they're hell bent on getting a receiver in the first (just look at their personal visits).

AZ: I'm pretty sure Arians virtually said he won't be taking a QB in round one.

NO: I could see them trading up, but not for Mosley. They desperately need an OLB made for the 3-4.

That is all. Nice to read a mock that isn't chalk all the way through.

That's the whole idea here. Most mocks have been almost identical with their picks and it's grown tiresome. Time to mix it up while keeping it a realistic as possible. I am by no means going to hit every nail on the head but if we've learned anything from the Oakland Raiders, it's that any draft pick can be a shocker.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the mocks that have been chalk, are likely the least likely to happen.

Check mine out: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=544939
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:

As a Vikings fan, I can't see this happening at all. They might, MIGHT, trade up for Bridgewater, but more than likely, they'll happily take whichever one of Carr, Bortles, or Bridgewater will inevitably fall to 8.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

As a Vikings fan, I can't see this happening at all. They might, MIGHT, trade up for Bridgewater, but more than likely, they'll happily take whichever one of Carr, Bortles, or Bridgewater will inevitably fall to 8.

I find it hard that Spielman will just take whatever quarterback falls to him. I think they're enamored with Bortles (seems like Norv's type), but won't budge on a QB otherwise. I'm also not sold on the thought that Ponder is written off completely there. I think he competes with Cassell and a guy from round 2.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mosley, but idk about trading up. Couple guys available at 27 I like as well.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
imani

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing

And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?

no, good sir, you trolled seattle.

Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams and Allen Robinson are simple and plain better prospects at Wideout in my view, as well as being better fits for what we need. But, you also left players like Xavier Sua-Filo, Jace Amaro, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson out in favor of a Prospect that should probably go in the late 2nd.

Maybe you got one of the positions of need correct, but the players was all wrong. Not to mention there were better players left available at higher positions of need.

And why you couldn't respond with this initially other than the original response is...? Mock's are purely objective and you, I am assuming is a Seahawks fan, may know needs and fits better than say a non Seahawks fan.

I can only go off film of the player and where I think he fits value wise in a draft. Try responding back with messages like this first instead. More constructive.

That's complete BS. You put about the same amount of effort into mocking seattle as i did in my first comment....and then you wanted to brag about the job you did?

There's nothing to toot your horn about giving Seattle Moncrief in the first round, especially with the other players available. I just don't understand it, it's a bad pick.

What you don't know, is that i've been working a project that has required me to track every mock draft entry in this forum since mid february. Which gives about 150 total entries to this point. You are the FIRST person to mock Moncrief to seattle in that entire span (you are also the first person with a pick so appalling that i felt the need to respond).....I'm going to wager that it isn't because you trying to be different.

Maybe next time you should think through a pick for more than 20 seconds, if you want better responses. More constructive.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE Donald. Great NYG Pick
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trade down for the Dolphins would be interested to see a 2nd and 3rd round to see what we do with extra pick.

^^^Kempes^^^
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing

And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?

no, good sir, you trolled seattle.

Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams and Allen Robinson are simple and plain better prospects at Wideout in my view, as well as being better fits for what we need. But, you also left players like Xavier Sua-Filo, Jace Amaro, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson out in favor of a Prospect that should probably go in the late 2nd.

Maybe you got one of the positions of need correct, but the players was all wrong. Not to mention there were better players left available at higher positions of need.

And why you couldn't respond with this initially other than the original response is...? Mock's are purely objective and you, I am assuming is a Seahawks fan, may know needs and fits better than say a non Seahawks fan.

I can only go off film of the player and where I think he fits value wise in a draft. Try responding back with messages like this first instead. More constructive.

That's complete BS. You put about the same amount of effort into mocking seattle as i did in my first comment....and then you wanted to brag about the job you did?

There's nothing to toot your horn about giving Seattle Moncrief in the first round, especially with the other players available. I just don't understand it, it's a bad pick.

What you don't know, is that i've been working a project that has required me to track every mock draft entry in this forum since mid february. Which gives about 150 total entries to this point. You are the FIRST person to mock Moncrief to seattle in that entire span (you are also the first person with a pick so appalling that i felt the need to respond).....I'm going to wager that it isn't because you trying to be different.

Maybe next time you should think through a pick for more than 20 seconds, if you want better responses. More constructive.

You know what's also a first? Seeing someone jump off a cliff because of someone else's opinion about a player in something as insignificant as a mock draft. Jesus bro, take your Midol. Before you have another coronary over a fake draft choice, sit back, think for a second and realize that this has no bearing on the actual draft....or in real life for that matter.

All that I ask is that your responses (first ones) contain some sort of feedback. Good or bad. Not just some vague or whiny troll post about how you don't like a choice.

"Hate your draft. _____ is better here" is miles more constructive than your first response. If you think that the cumulative nfl mock universe resides only here then you are sadly mistaken. Plenty of people like Moncrief.

Trust me, I am not losing sleep over your disdain for my mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: