Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March 20th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
I love Nix as a player but I'm not terribly excited about the pick for 2 reasons.

1) He wouldn't see the field much his first year, which is not what the PAckers need, they need an impact player from the start.

2) We couldn't pass up Mosley there where he, in my opinion, is clearly BPA and fills a need.

1. Mosley 2. Nix


There were a couple choices in my mock where I looked back and thought that the player was a little low in the list. Mosely and Verrett were the main ones.

That being said, I don't think Nix is a terrible consolation prize.

My first mock so I plan on adjusting down the road based on member feedback. I am a Bucs fan so getting feedback from fans from the other 31 teams is invaluable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing


And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tazman321


Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Posts: 10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the Eagles pick Roby could wind up the best corner in this draft. I highly doubt New Orleans gives up a 3rd to move up five spots at the lowe third of round 1. I think they give up a 4th at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28786
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing


And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?


no, good sir, you trolled seattle.

Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams and Allen Robinson are simple and plain better prospects at Wideout in my view, as well as being better fits for what we need. But, you also left players like Xavier Sua-Filo, Jace Amaro, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson out in favor of a Prospect that should probably go in the late 2nd.

Maybe you got one of the positions of need correct, but the players was all wrong. Not to mention there were better players left available at higher positions of need.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
imani wrote:
Your tooting your horn about Giving seattle Moncrief in the first round? Laughing


And your trolling a thread by crying about a pick but not explaining why or who a better pick would be?


no, good sir, you trolled seattle.

Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams and Allen Robinson are simple and plain better prospects at Wideout in my view, as well as being better fits for what we need. But, you also left players like Xavier Sua-Filo, Jace Amaro, David Yankey and Gabe Jackson out in favor of a Prospect that should probably go in the late 2nd.

Maybe you got one of the positions of need correct, but the players was all wrong. Not to mention there were better players left available at higher positions of need.


And why you couldn't respond with this initially other than the original response is...? Mock's are purely objective and you, I am assuming is a Seahawks fan, may know needs and fits better than say a non Seahawks fan.

I can only go off film of the player and where I think he fits value wise in a draft. Try responding back with messages like this first instead. More constructive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danish49ers


Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Posts: 955
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
i like it.
love the sf pick. really hoping we grab him irl
+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazman321 wrote:
No problem with the Eagles pick Roby could wind up the best corner in this draft. I highly doubt New Orleans gives up a 3rd to move up five spots at the lowe third of round 1. I think they give up a 4th at best


Tell that to the other Eagles fan in the thread who "has no interest in Roby".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9827
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang that sucks for Atlanta how the draft turned out in the top 5. Absolutely worst case scenario for us as our top 3 guys in Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone.

I personally offer the #6 pick to anyone offering a 2nd or a 3rd drop down some and take a FS like Pryor or HAHA or a Hybrid LB/DE like Barr or Ford. If no one offers anything then i reluctantly take Matthews as he is a top 5 player but more so of a Lt prospect nor RT he plays technical and soft just not a great Rt prospect to me at the next level like Robinson is.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Dang that sucks for Atlanta how the draft turned out in the top 5. Absolutely worst case scenario for us as our top 3 guys in Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone.

I personally offer the #6 pick to anyone offering a 2nd or a 3rd drop down some and take a FS like Pryor or HAHA or a Hybrid LB/DE like Barr or Ford. If no one offers anything then i reluctantly take Matthews as he is a top 5 player but more so of a Lt prospect nor RT he plays technical and soft just not a great Rt prospect to me at the next level like Robinson is.


I feel your pain as a Bucs fan. Funny how there is still significant talent after those guys but it feels like like a drop off off regardless. I originally had Atlanta trading up for Greg but I think the extra draft pick and Mathews is a better choice in the long run for the Falcons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danish49ers


Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Posts: 955
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
30. San Francisco 49ers - Jason Verrett CB

The starting CB crew for SF are Eric Wright, Chris Cook, Chris Culliver and Craig Dahl. Yeeeaaaa. Verrett is better than all those fools. I may have mocked Verrett too low in this draft too.
The 2 starters are: Tramaine Brock and Chris Culliver, one did fine after he became a starter in 2013 (Brock), the other coming back from injury.

Craig Dahl is not a CB, but a ST and backup safety. Darryl Morris is a number 4/5 guy atm., but will be bumped down the order after the draft.

But I love the pick of Jason Verrett, even though he might be a bit short to fit the Baalke mold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about Brock, but I still think that Verrett is the right choice for SF. Not a lot of holes on that team but CB is probably the most glaring.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
utkjoe


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 132
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
One of the worst Titan mocks I've seen. They're not drafting a QB that high especially a 3rd round prospect like Manziel. Manziel doesn't fit the type of QB Whiz wants at all. If they did take a QB, it damn sure wouldn't be Manziel. It would Teddy or Carr who are both much better prospects than Manziel. Teddy is not going to fall that far. Teams will be trying their best to move up in the top half of the draft if he falls out of the top 8. Whiz is definitely going with Locker this season. If Locker gets injured again, Clipboard Jesus plays or some late round rookie and we end up with likely a top 5 pick. If Locker stays healthy and continues to improve like he showed before he got injured last year, the Titans will likely be a playoff team not needing a QB.


Manziel a 3rd round prospect? I am okay with disagreeing with my choice with the Titans but at least have a valid argument as to why. Teddy or Carr could go there, sure, I'll give you that. Manziel a 3rd round prospect is just laughable though.

I'm with titansfan4life, Manziel is not a 1st round prospect and it would be a horrible mistake by the Titans to draft him at #11. We had our fun with a crazy athletic but technically defunct passer in Vince Young, we're not looking for another one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utkjoe wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
One of the worst Titan mocks I've seen. They're not drafting a QB that high especially a 3rd round prospect like Manziel. Manziel doesn't fit the type of QB Whiz wants at all. If they did take a QB, it damn sure wouldn't be Manziel. It would Teddy or Carr who are both much better prospects than Manziel. Teddy is not going to fall that far. Teams will be trying their best to move up in the top half of the draft if he falls out of the top 8. Whiz is definitely going with Locker this season. If Locker gets injured again, Clipboard Jesus plays or some late round rookie and we end up with likely a top 5 pick. If Locker stays healthy and continues to improve like he showed before he got injured last year, the Titans will likely be a playoff team not needing a QB.


Manziel a 3rd round prospect? I am okay with disagreeing with my choice with the Titans but at least have a valid argument as to why. Teddy or Carr could go there, sure, I'll give you that. Manziel a 3rd round prospect is just laughable though.

I'm with titansfan4life, Manziel is not a 1st round prospect and it would be a horrible mistake by the Titans to draft him at #11. We had our fun with a crazy athletic but technically defunct passer in Vince Young, we're not looking for another one.


At least Manziel is accurate. Saying Mazniel isn't a 1st round talent is different than saying he belongs in the 3rd round. I can live with him being a bad choice at #11 but the idea that people think he isn't worthy of any of the first 64 picks is ludicrous. Especially with so many QB needy teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9827
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Dang that sucks for Atlanta how the draft turned out in the top 5. Absolutely worst case scenario for us as our top 3 guys in Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone.

I personally offer the #6 pick to anyone offering a 2nd or a 3rd drop down some and take a FS like Pryor or HAHA or a Hybrid LB/DE like Barr or Ford. If no one offers anything then i reluctantly take Matthews as he is a top 5 player but more so of a Lt prospect nor RT he plays technical and soft just not a great Rt prospect to me at the next level like Robinson is.


I feel your pain as a Bucs fan. Funny how there is still significant talent after those guys but it feels like like a drop off off regardless. I originally had Atlanta trading up for Greg but I think the extra draft pick and Mathews is a better choice in the long run for the Falcons.


Yeah im with you only 2 people i trade up for would be Clowney or Mack. RT just isn't a big enough need to trade up for imo.

Most i give for Mack or clowney would be a 3rd to go to like 3 or 4 as well.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 130
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Dang that sucks for Atlanta how the draft turned out in the top 5. Absolutely worst case scenario for us as our top 3 guys in Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone.

I personally offer the #6 pick to anyone offering a 2nd or a 3rd drop down some and take a FS like Pryor or HAHA or a Hybrid LB/DE like Barr or Ford. If no one offers anything then i reluctantly take Matthews as he is a top 5 player but more so of a Lt prospect nor RT he plays technical and soft just not a great Rt prospect to me at the next level like Robinson is.


I feel your pain as a Bucs fan. Funny how there is still significant talent after those guys but it feels like like a drop off off regardless. I originally had Atlanta trading up for Greg but I think the extra draft pick and Mathews is a better choice in the long run for the Falcons.


Yeah im with you only 2 people i trade up for would be Clowney or Mack. RT just isn't a big enough need to trade up for imo.

Most i give for Mack or clowney would be a 3rd to go to like 3 or 4 as well.


I think the top 5 guys have really separated themselves from the rest of the draft so that leaves ATL and TB with first dibs of best of the next. Hopefully TB gets trade partners at 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group