Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March 20th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: 1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March 20th Reply with quote

Unbiased Bucs fan trying to be realistic. No draft in the modern era is absent of trades. Especially in the Top 10. So why would any Mock not have trades?

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney DE

None of the top QB's in this draft are worth a #1 overall pick, even if that's your biggest need. O'Brien opts to take the once in a generations talent in Clowney and pair him up with their MVP JJ Watt. Scary.

2. St. Louis Rams (via Washington) - **Trade** Minnesota trades their 1st, 2nd & 4th. Minnesota Vikings select Blake Bortles QB.

Rams continue to wheel and deal to acquire more picks in a strong draft. If Clowney was here, I'd say they stand pat and draft him. Minnesota Is a couple playmakers away from contending in the North. Need to start at QB.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kalil Mack OLB

Gus Bradley wants to build around a solid defensive core just like he had in Seattle. Following suit with Houston and waiting to go after QB's in the later rounds. QB is recommended here but I think they are still sour from the Gabbert debacle.

4. Cleveland Browns - Sammy Watkins WR.

As much as it pains me to see mock this choice ( I really want Watkins to be a Buc) I don't see this guy dropping any further and Tampa doesn't have the draft ammo to make a move. Cleveland makes an argument for best WR duo in the league with this choice. Watkins will be special.

5. Oakland Raiders - Greg Robinson OT

Oakland needs help up from in the worst way. This is probably the first no brainer in the draft. I think They give Prior another shot or give the remaining QB's in FA a look. Greg Robinson is the clear #1 OT in the draft.

6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews OT

Changed this one from earlier (Had Atlanta trading up to Cleveland for Greg Robinson). Don't think Atlanta moves up to nab Greg when they can have Jake and a 3rd rounder in a deep, talented draft.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Ebron TE

I am sure Tampa would love to find a trade partner at 7 but I can only see a move for a QB and there's not a team in dire need of QB until Cleveland at 26. Tampa went heavy on Defense in FA. They go with the best offensive weapon available in Ebron.

8. St. Louis Rams (From Minnesota Vikings) - Mike Evans WR

Did anyone see how furious Jeff Fisher was when Justin Blackmon got stolen from him in the 2012 draft? He knows that in order for Sam Bradford to succeed he will need some weapons to throw to. Tavon is good but Mike Evans is a LB who runs like a WR. Reminds me of Vincent Jackson.

9. Buffalo Bills - Anthony Barr OLB

Buffalo is building something nice on defense. Adding a player like Barr to a unit that already has Mario, Kiko, Marcel and Spikes will make opposing offenses want to wear extra padding.

10. Detroit Lions - Calvin Pryor S

Detroit had a good safety in Delmas but the guy couldn't stay healthy and wasn't worth the cap space. They get a great replacement with Pryor who hits like a brick s**t house.

11. Tennessee Titans - Johnny Manziel QB

I think the fans have had enough of the Jake Locker project and waiting to see if he'll eventually be the guy. Manziel is a playmaker. I don't care what anyone says about his size or off field drama. Nabbing him at 11 seems like steal too but it's not. It's right where he should be taken.

12. New York Giants - Aaron Donald DT

A month ago I would have said Nix is the top DT in the draft. As well as a lot of other people too. Donald impressed the hell out of me with his power and off the line speed. You don't see a lot of guys his size move that fast.

13. St. Louis Rams - HaHa Clinton-Dix

The next no brainer in the draft. St. Louis needs a safety and were relatively quiet in FA so this should make some Rams fan rejoice. Solid in coverage and doesn't shy away from contact. Great addition to a budding Rams defense.

14. Chicago Bears - Darqueze Dennard CB

Dennard Falls to 14? Yeah, he does. Safeties have slowly become the more sought after DB in recent years but with the team need and the value Dennard brings, there's no way he falls past the Bears. Time for the Monsters of the Midway to get some youth in the back 4.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Marqise Lee WR

Steelers have more needs than people think but none greater than WR. Brown is their lone guy and while he is a stud, he's not a Calvin Johnson type talent that can take over an offense by himself. Ben gets his #2 guy.

16 Dallas Cowboys - **Trade** New York Jets trade their 1st and 3rd to Dallas. Jets select Justin Gilbert CB.

Did they need to move ahead of Baltimore to grab a CB. Probably not. Does this mean the Jets are not susceptible to strange trades via draft day (see Mark Sanchez). Rex damn near had a coronary watching every team but his acquire a CB in FA. And after releasing Cro, they sorely need one. Gilbert could be considered the best CB in the group even though Dennard went before him.

17. Baltimore Ravens - Taylor Lewan OT

I think that Baltimore is in a BPA position here and they grab Oher's replacement with the enigmatic Lewan. Big, strong and prototypical RT. Lewan has a mean streak to him that could make him a boom or bust. 17 is a good spot for him regardless.

18. Dallas Cowboys (From New York Jets) - Kony Ealy DE

Let's face it. Dallas Defense last year was easily the worst in recent history. Call it injuries or whatever you want, they need help. Add Melton and Mincey in FA with a young and high ceiling player in Ealy and it's a step in the right direction.

19. Miami Dolphins - **Trade** Cleveland trades their 1st (26th) and 3rd(from Pitt) to Miami. Cleveland selects Teddy Bridgewater QB.

I think Bridgewaters Geno-esque fall down the draft order ends here. Yeah, he didn't have a stellar Pro day but his film says another thing and he's definitely a player that Cleveland needs to revive their offense. Plus, you give any QB Watkins and Gordon it would be hard to mess up.

20. Arizona Cardinals - Derek Carr QB

I'll admit that this pick was difficult to choose but I went with Carr and I'll explain why. AZ needed help at Safety but with the top 2 guys gone I went with getting a kid that has done nothing but impress coaches and scouts all year. Palmer isn't retirement old but he's getting close. It's best to get the replacement behind a seasoned veteran to learn the ropes.

21. Green Bay Packers - Louis Nix III DT

The Pack brought back big BJ Raji but they still need help in the trench. Any offense will be fine with Arod at the helm and it was pretty clear that the defense wasn't keeping the team in games. If Nix lives up to the hype he had going for him a month ago, this team just got a steal at 21.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - **Trade**New Orleans Saints trade their 1st and 3rd to Philly. Saints select CJ Mosely.

I hate making another team in the South stronger but Mosely shouldn't be dropping this far. Just a victim of circumstance. Not the stud edge rushing OLB that Barr or Mack is but easily the more complete and (IMO) the most football smart of the three. Rob Ryan just hugged his GM.

23. Kansas City Chiefs - Brandon Cooks WR

Kansas City is doing just fine on defense. It's time to get this offense on the same page. KC is driven by a more game managing offense but bringing speedster Cooks in to the mix opens up the field for other players to excel. Think McCluster but with better route running and hands.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Dee Ford DE

Bengals need to replace (Now Buc) Michael Johnson. High Motor and pure football player Dee Ford is the best guy to do so at 24.

25. San Diego Chargers - Kelvin Benjamin WR

Some would say CB here but I think the better value based on what's left is Beckham. Keenan Allen showed he can play well at the next level and every other team noticed it. Chargers will need to take some of the heat of him and aging Gates, injury prone Floyd and Mathews aren't going to do it. Benjamin is a size mismatch WR to play along the fluid and fast Allen.

26. Miami Dolphins (From Cleveland Browns (via Indianapolis)) - Zach Martin OT

Time to rebuild that disaster that was the Miami Dolphins Oline. Bringing in Albert and drafting Martin (Not the cry baby one) is 100x better than last year. Probably would have drafted him at 19 anyways. Now they have more picks to show for it.

27. Philadelphia Eagles (From New Orleans Saints) - Bradley Roby CB

This could change if/when they trade Djax and WR could be the choice (regardless of the re-signing of Cooper and Maclin), but I'll go with CB. Cary Williams is good, Nolan Carrol is Meh. Need to add some young talent to that secondary.

28. Carolina Panthers - Odell Beckham WR

Can I say ow much I love seeing an NFC South team just flush away it's entire offense? Half the Oline retired and the WR's left in FA or trade. Seems like Cam is okay with scrambling for his life so I'll give him speedster Beckham. Panthers need WR's worse than Cleveland needs a winning record.

29. New England Patriots - Timmy Jernigan DT

Wilfork's fate hasn't been decided yet but I am guessing he'll be gone before too long. Even if he wasn't I'd still say NE goes DT and Jernigan is the guy. He could be better than both Nix and Donald.

30. San Francisco 49ers - Jason Verrett CB

The starting CB crew for SF are Eric Wright, Chris Cook, Chris Culliver and Craig Dahl. Yeeeaaaa. Verrett is better than all those fools. I may have mocked Verrett too low in this draft too.

31. Denver Broncos - Ryan Shazier LB

Tackling Machine Shazier comes in to a new look Broncos defense and is in between Von Miller and Demarcus Ware. Not a bad combo to learn from. Ran a ridiculous 40 and was the Big 10 leading tackler. No doubt this is the pick if he's there.

32. Seattle Seahawks - Donte Moncrief WR Big and fast WR. Wilson lost Tate and who knows what Seattle will get out of Percy next season. The champs need WR depth.

There ya have it. Not to toot my own horn but damn, that's a solid draft. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by nathan004 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 am; edited 4 times in total
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it.
love the sf pick. really hoping we grab him irl

new sig... sorry alex
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest in bradley roby whatsoever.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Post. 1st Draft. w/ Trades & explanations March Reply with quote

If it meant we'd secure Mosley... I'd give up a 3rd rounder in a heartbeat!!!

Nice Job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Your team could care less about your interest

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Patriots I would prefer the OG from UCLA Xavier Sua-Filo. He to me is the most pro ready interior lineman and that is exactly what New a England needs.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
stevec0008

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love trading down, I'd almost rather take Mosely rather than getting Roby.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan drafting Barr. He would likely be a worst case scenario

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how well Ford fits our defense.

Z. Martin, Roby, or Verrett please.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Mack as the pick, but you said it yourself, they need a QB and Teddy Bridgewater is the best one in the class. I doubt the new regime is sour from the debacle of the previous regime. i would think Teddy makes more sense at #3.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Your team could care less about your interest

Well the eagles don't need a corner even though we will draft BPA. Poster mentions Cary Williams but we also have Bradley Fletcher who is better than him and Brandon Boykin who is better than both.

And roby is terrible so no way is he BPA.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr wont ans shouldnt be the Bills pick. He is a one move player. Speed. We tried and failed with that, see Aaron Maybin.

Pick should be Taylor Lewan (although I dont buy him being a top 10 pick, he is a much better choice than Barr)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Barr wont ans shouldnt be the Bills pick. He is a one move player. Speed. We tried and failed with that, see Aaron Maybin.

Pick should be Taylor Lewan (although I dont buy him being a top 10 pick, he is a much better choice than Barr)

I understand what you are saying. If Tampa Bay's defense could get as many sacks against Buffalo as they did last year then Oline is a definite need. My only problem is that the 2 guys worth a #9 pick are gone and Lewan is a gamble in my mind. I think Barr is less of a gamble than Lewan.
nathan004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
I understand Mack as the pick, but you said it yourself, they need a QB and Teddy Bridgewater is the best one in the class. I doubt the new regime is sour from the debacle of the previous regime. i would think Teddy makes more sense at #3.

I might add a second or third round for this reason alone. Jags may need a QB badly but I am drafting based on what I think the team will do based on FA. Is Henne the answer? Hell F-ing no. I just think that Bradley wants to start on defense with the rebuilding and he can get a, while somewhat less talented QB, less risk/reward player in the 2nd. Thinking McCarron, Thomas, Murray, etc.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we let Teddy pass us by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: