Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 New Scenario Mock Draft - 3/21/14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:
Watkins is arguably the 2nd best prospect in the draft and the best WR prospect since the elite Green and Jones. I don't why some are so strongly against him at #2 overall.
Id say thats a pretty weak argument if you were going to make it.
And while "best WR prospect since AJ & Julio" is a fun little moniker to throw out there to make your case sound better, sure it may be true, but its very misleading; The AJ Green & Julio Jones draft was ONLY 3 Drafts ago, so between them ans Sammy are only 2 draft classes. and the Top 3 WRs from those 2 years were Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd and Tavon Austin. None of which anyone was talking up as AJ & Julio level.

I would think while Watkins is up high on their draft board, he just isnt at the very top. He might be just inside the Top 5 in this draft, but Id say for sure Clowney, Robinson, and Mathews are ahead of him.

Im still gonna say that the Falcons move up for Clowney as they are ready to contend, and we hope that atleast a 2nd QB or Mack go in the Top 5 so we get one of the OTs.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd EASILY take a combo of Watkins/Yankey over Matthews and another WR in the 2nd/3rd round.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm still not sold on Sam Bradford as the future. If we were to trade down to #6 overall and Teddy Bridgewater was there I think we need to consider that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update something i commented on...

I said that late 2nd is too high for Phillip Gaines, and as it seems now thats about right for where his stock is, so I take that comment back jrry.

And to be clear I would still love for him to be in the horns if its late 2nd to 3rd, but if he starts to climb anymore-- Im not sure.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

I said that late 2nd is too high for Phillip Gaines, and as it seems now thats about right for where his stock is, so I take that comment back jrry.

And to be clear I would still love for him to be in the horns if its late 2nd to 3rd, but if he starts to climb anymore-- Im not sure.

Still think he'll end up in the mid to late 3rd round. This class is just loaded with CB talent...

IDOG_det on the sig...
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Still think he'll end up in the mid to late 3rd round. This class is just loaded with CB talent...

Yeah, but he could end up late 2nd, but youre right-- there are guys like McGill and Desir who are also even bigger corners that will likely to ahead of him.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Yeah, but he could end up late 2nd, but youre right-- there are guys like McGill and Desir who are also even bigger corners that will likely to ahead of him.

I think he'll go above both...especially McGill. Not a big McGill fan.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I think he'll go above both...especially McGill. Not a big McGill fan.

Im not either, but teams looking for big corners do.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
M_Phillips

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
That's the problem with trading down to #6, I don't want Jake Matthews. If we trade down we still need to be able to get Watkins.

Watkins or bust.

Screw the Watkins or bust garbage. This is one of the deepest WR drafts in a number of years.

Jake Matthews is a stud. I'd take him over Watkins in a heart-beat. I can come up with a better Jake Matthews/WR tandem(either at #13 or in the 2nd or in the 3rd) than a Sammy Watkins/OL tandem.

Jake Matthews/Mike Evans >>>>> Sammy Watkins/Taylor Lewan
Jake Matthews/Jordan Matthews > Sammy Watkins/David Yankey
Jake Matthews/Jared Abbrederis > Sammy Watkins/Joel Bitonio

I'm starting to warm up to Mike Evans think he might a pretty good player if he could get his attitude problem checked. As for Jake Matthews I think of one word CONSTANT whether it's LT LG C RG RT. It doesn't hurt that his dad is Bruce Matthews either. Same weight and height as his father. As For Robinson I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of nor seen an attitude problem with Evans. Have no issues with WRs being emotional or angry during games.

Deemo55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
Watkins is arguably the 2nd best prospect in the draft and the best WR prospect since the elite Green and Jones. I don't why some are so strongly against him at #2 overall.
And while "best WR prospect since AJ & Julio" is a fun little moniker to throw out there to make your case sound better, sure it may be true, but its very misleading; The AJ Green & Julio Jones draft was ONLY 3 Drafts ago, so between them ans Sammy are only 2 draft classes. and the Top 3 WRs from those 2 years were Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd and Tavon Austin. None of which anyone was talking up as AJ & Julio level.

I would think while Watkins is up high on their draft board, he just isnt at the very top. He might be just inside the Top 5 in this draft, but Id say for sure Clowney, Robinson, and Mathews are ahead of him.

Im still gonna say that the Falcons move up for Clowney as they are ready to contend, and we hope that atleast a 2nd QB or Mack go in the Top 5 so we get one of the OTs.

I understand it's only been 3 drafts but that's still 3 years. Before that it was Megatron in 07 then Fitz in 04 (I think). So in 10 years there's only been 4 WR talked about as highly as Watkins with Megatron in a class of his own. All 4 of those teams that chose those guys immediately improved their passing games. So no, it's really not misleading. It's speaking volumes about how much an impact those guys make from the start.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:

I understand it's only been 3 drafts but that's still 3 years. Before that it was Megatron in 07 then Fitz in 04 (I think). So in 10 years there's only been 4 WR talked about as highly as Watkins with Megatron in a class of his own. All 4 of those teams that chose those guys immediately improved their passing games. So no, it's really not misleading. It's speaking volumes about how much an impact those guys make from the start.

That assumes Watkins is in that class...he's not. IMO, Alshon Jeffery was a better talent than Watkins.

Deemo55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Deemo55 wrote:

That assumes Watkins is in that class...he's not. IMO, Alshon Jeffery was a better talent than Watkins.

Well then we share a difference of opinion.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jrry, I read a while back that you wouldn't mind taking Bridgewater at #2 (in Gen I think).Do you still think its a possibility? Would you still be on board with that?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
Hey Jrry, I read a while back that you wouldn't mind taking Bridgewater at #2 (in Gen I think).Do you still think its a possibility? Would you still be on board with that?

Never have thought it was a possibility. Just said if he was at the top of my board, I'd take him. Still feel the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: