Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Britt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Kenny Britt Reply with quote

Buffalo is rumored to have some interest along with the Panthers for Kenny Britt. He may make a visit soon. Thoughts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a 1 year prove it deal I would absolutely be all for it.

Maybe even a 2 year deal but only this year guaranteed.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Nucealius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total head-case, but worth it based on raw talent.

Thanks to NickChowaniec for the sig.

NFL- Buffalo Bills
College- Tennessee Vols
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on Britt. He has been injured or in trouble his whole NFL career. I also think he will go to either the Pats or Panthers. If we bring him in I hope its on a 1 year "prove it" deal for not a lot of money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a healthy scratch at the end of the Titans' season. Kendall Wright is a baller but if they were willing to bench him..... Confused ..Would have to be something with nothing guaranteed, kinda of like when we signed Da'Rick Rogers, (even though he was an UDFA)

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is scheduled to visit ... possibly today (Friday)

Quote:
Agent Pat Dye told SiriusXM NFL on Thursday that Kenny Britt is drawing interest from the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans. Now he's scheduled to visit one of those teams.

A source informed of Britt's plans has told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that the free-agent wide receiver will meet with the Bills shortly, perhaps on Friday

Britt to visit Buffalo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pass on stone hands. Draft class is so deep at WR. Can't allow this arrogant guy to take reps from rookies that actually want to work.

TommyC376^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure why people are upset he is not going to break the bank on a contract I see a short term offer whether it is 1 or 2 years. He is so much better then what the bills offer in depth chart. He will be the #4 guy now which drops TJ to 5 and possibly 6 if bills draft a guy. I rather have him take a roster spot over chris hogan Marcus Easley and kevin Elliot any day.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Im not sure why people are upset he is not going to break the bank on a contract I see a short term offer whether it is 1 or 2 years. He is so much better then what the bills offer in depth chart. He will be the #4 guy now which drops TJ to 5 and possibly 6 if bills draft a guy. I rather have him take a roster spot over chris hogan Marcus Easley and kevin Elliot any day.
The only thing I disagree with is having Britt as the #4 guy. A #4 WR usually plays special teams, Britt does not. Neither does Graham. Easley is a beast on ST and Hogan is no slouch either.

Regardless I dont think we are going to sign Britt. I think he'll go where he will get more playing time ie Carolina.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I'll pass on stone hands. Draft class is so deep at WR. Can't allow this arrogant guy to take reps from rookies that actually want to work.

The WR class is deep, but the talent discrepancy is big at each tier. Can't confuse the two.

Don't kid yourself into thinking a guy we draft in the 3rd and probably even the 2nd is already better then Britt at this level. Even if we sign him i'd draft Mike Evans at 9.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just saying he would be solid depth and stevie could be put on the hotseat by bringing in Britt. My main point is people are bugging out like he will be costing the bills a ton of money and causing issues. The guy is now 25 years old and married. Im sure his off field issues has changed the bigger question is his previous injuries.

Im not sure Carolina can afford him as they have a little less than $5 million in cap space and they have to pay the players they draft. If he expects more than a million panthers are out of the race. I think it comes down to the pats bills rams and skins.

He left Buffalo and is deciding on which team he will go with in the next 3 days. Seattle has shown interest but nothing serious

Quote:
"I love it. Great people here. Great facility. Was kind of expecting a little less out of them, but to tell you the truth, [it's] a great coaching staff they have here," Britt said. "It was wonderful."
From his visit today.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly have Kenny Britt... Amazing talent. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Would allow us to draft a guy like Ebron in the first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams signed kenny britt. I was hoping the bills would lock him up and to know that it was only a 1 year deal worth 1.4 million makes me mad cause that is cheap for a guy with so much talent

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Rams signed kenny britt. I was hoping the bills would lock him up and to know that it was only a 1 year deal worth 1.4 million makes me mad cause that is cheap for a guy with so much talent

He hasn't had "so much talent" in three years.

He was benched constantly for drops last year, we don't need another guy with "potential' that cant catch a cold barefooted in Alaska.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take kenny britt over marcus easley chris hogan tj garham any day. I rather have the potential then players that have already hit their ceiling which is way below sub par. Bills need to upgrade at starter and at depth. Last year was a debacle when Woods goodwin and Stevie were out a few games and the starting wr corps was hideous. Even if they draft a guy at 9 for this position which I am starting to believe they wont that still wouldnt answer the depth. I think they should bring in another veteran wr maybe a sidney rice for a 1 year prove it deal. The bills still have 15 million in cap space.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: