Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knowshon Moreno visiting Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
This is a RB who is a good pass blocker and a complete upgrade as a runner over Dan Thomas. I'd be all for this if the price was right.

I think Miller did an okay job pass blocking last year, but Moreno is good as well. Fact is, I think Moreno would win the job outright, but I don't really care if he would or wouldn't. He is clearly better than Daniel Thomas, and that alone makes him worthy of consideration. We need two guys and Moreno would make me feel confident that we have our second, or even our first.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please sign him.

He's a good pass blocker and has a history of being very involved in the passing game. Neither of our current RBs have either of those qualities. He won't be too expensive, and we have lots of cap space. He's not over 30, his injury concerns have subsided *knocks on wood*, no he's not going to have the Manning Effect on his rushing #s but we don't need him to.
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him as a player if he is in fact healthy.
But this boils down to how much cheeze he wants ...

sug
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they can make it work and not kill us in cap space, sure. He is better then any RB we have right now, and though he only has a couple seasons in him he will add better Pass Protection, which lets Tanney develop more, he is a stronger back better back then Miller or Thomas, makes 3rd and short reachable. I cringed on 3rd downs last season, because you never knew with the line and the backs.

If it seems like the FO's wants him and can make it work with out killing the cap, Yes, pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pass protection is there, he can catch outta the back field & he is more of a power runner than Miller ...
Therefore, if the price is right & he's healthy, he could be be an asset.
You know he's coachable if he played a couple yrs for P. Manning ...

We should take a long hard look

sug
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported this morning.

Quote:

he Dolphins are one of the few teams that confirm visits, sending out a tweet once the visit is over. Moreno could have an offer from the Dolphins, and the two sides could still be in negotiations, but for now, the visit has ended.

Speculation today from multiple media outlets has been that the Dolphins and Moreno would come to a deal, possibly as early as today. Moreno leaving the team facility without a signed deal is, hopefully, just a delay in the two sides reaching an agreement on a new contract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: