Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Antonio Cromartie signed on a one year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
His LSU tape was very good, reason he went in second round

His run defense is very very impressive.

Great blitzer as well. Which we do with our ILB's very frequently. Only limitation is sideline to sideline speed.

One of the things that made Dansby so great was his playmaking ability. That might be an area where we see a minor dropoff.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

Great blitzer as well. Which we do with our ILB's very frequently. Only limitation is sideline to sideline speed.

One of the things that made Dansby so great was his playmaking ability. That might be an area where we see a minor dropoff.

Major drop...

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

Major drop...

Not necessarily. I don't put too much weight under what Dansby did. He's a good player but it helped a lot that Washington was drawing most the attention.

#JDI
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby was in a good position to succeed here. You are not wrong there, talented d-line in front of him, an all pro next to him. But do you think Minter will do the same? Or even remotely close to the same?

sig made by mike23md
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Dansby was in a good position to succeed here. You are not wrong there, talented d-line in front of him, an all pro next to him. But do you think Minter will do the same? Or even remotely close to the same?

Minter may never make a pro bowl but I think he will be a solid reliable player. If he's got blockers occupied in front of him he'll be a tackling machine. Thought he was pretty bad against Alabama because he got swallowed up by their massive OL. But he's not terrible at getting off blocks. His instincts are very good. Thrives between the tackles. Does an excellent job in play recognition. He's very effective as a blitzer.

He will occasionally take the wrong route to the ballcarrier. Is a good tackler but sometimes he just gets there too late. He reads the QB's eyes well but can get turned around in man coverage.

Overall, I think we will see some dropoff in play from Dansby. But Minter should be a consistent player for our D. I know it's just one game, but if you want to see a stud LB watch Minter against Florida.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby never made a pro bowl either, so thats not really an issue of concern. and We are talking about a drop off in playmaking ability more so than their overall game. I think Dansby is the superior player, but more importantly, he is a playmaker...which Minter won't be.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minter definitely has the ability to be a playmaker, no doubt in my mind

#JDI
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Minter definitely has the ability to be a playmaker, no doubt in my mind

I just don't see him replacing the 7 sacks, and 4 picks Dansby just gave us. He is not the same freak athlete that Los is. Good football player hopefully, but I can't sit here and pretend we didn't lose a lot.

Ideally he will be a strong enough run defender that we will have more flexibility with Washington. But I will miss having both Dansby and Washington.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying there's no reason we should have overpaid for Dansby when we brought in who we have brought in and have a capable replacement with Minter

#JDI
Groders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just don't see him replacing the 7 sacks, and 4 picks Dansby just gave us. He is not the same freak athlete that Los is. Good football player hopefully, but I can't sit here and pretend we didn't lose a lot.

To be fair I have a hard time believing even Dansby would be able to match those numbers again, even if he stayed. He played out of his mind last year, I am just very skeptical about him giving a repeat performance. Contract Year anyone...

I think Minter if put in the right position will only strengthen our run defense...the passing game remains to be seen.

FOUR TIME PRO BOWLER...LARRY FITZGERALD!!!
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groders wrote:
Quote:

To be fair I have a hard time believing even Dansby would be able to match those numbers again, even if he stayed. He played out of his mind last year, I am just very skeptical about him giving a repeat performance. Contract Year anyone...

I think Minter if put in the right position will only strengthen our run defense...the passing game remains to be seen.

And we forget that Dansby was pretty mediocre before D-Wash returned.

Minter may not get the picks but he's going to get some sacks and put pressure on the QB.

Sideline to sideline playmaking, not so much.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groders wrote:
Quote:

maybe he wouldn't, but then again, when you have a year like he had it would always be hard to match the production. And it is kind of silly logic, to say we shouldn't resign a player after an amazing season because he probably wont repeat...It would be like the Texans cutting Watt after his 22 sack season for the same reasoning, right?

Dansby is older now, yes. But with the way he played last year how can anybody doubt that the man has some gas left in the tank?

sig made by mike23md
Groders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Groders wrote:
Quote:

maybe he wouldn't, but then again, when you have a year like he had it would always be hard to match the production. And it is kind of silly logic, to say we shouldn't resign a player after an amazing season because he probably wont repeat...It would be like the Texans cutting Watt after his 22 sack season for the same reasoning, right?

Dansby is older now, yes. But with the way he played last year how can anybody doubt that the man has some gas left in the tank?

I'm not saying Dansby would have a bad year, I'm just saying that paying the guy what the Browns are paying him for what he did last year and hoping he will be able to do the same this year is called overpaying. Yes, he had a great year. Yes, he is older. The question is do we pay him like the Browns did, hoping he can maintain that level of play, or do we let him walk and plug in the young guy, whom we are paying a lot less, and see how he plays. Everybody is going to have a different approach to this...for the Cards and BA the approach is to not overpay for a player and next man up. We have to trust they know what they are doing in the front office.

FOUR TIME PRO BOWLER...LARRY FITZGERALD!!!
shawn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is getting an average of 6 million a year, and two years worth of guaranteed money. That is steep, but I don't see it as an overpayment. Remember, Washington has a serious court case coming up, we might be losing him again. If Minter isn't who we hope he will be and Washington gets suspended again we might be in serious trouble.

sig made by mike23md
EdgeoftheNest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at Dansby, I was all for picking him up last year. Keim got him for next to nothing. That was a major get. This offseason, Keim picks up Veldheer for a very reasonable contract. He gets Cromartie to sign for a laughable contract. Keim is running this team the way great organizations run their teams. No one player is bigger than the team. I can't smile widely enough about the way he is running the team. We are starting to get good veterans to come here to play on a good defense. Once we add Teddy Bridgewater in the draft, we will be set for years. Who would you rather be going into next season with Dansby or Veldheer? You can't have both. I, for one, am ecstatic to see the first time we run a sweep to the left side and have Cooper pulling. I think Veldheer brings more to the team than Dansby. Keim for president!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: