Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Badgers March Madness Mock First Round
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Badgers March Madness Mock First Round Reply with quote

Enjoy the mock, comment away.

DISCLAIMER: I do not project trades, so please don't tell me your team would trade out of a spot, thanks.

1. HOU - Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB, South Carolina

I have gone back and forth and back again. Clowney may not be the most popular pick but he is the #1 player on my board and none of the QBs are in the top 5 so the Texans do the right thing and not reach for need but draft for talent and bring in a player who can be a huge upgrade over Reed on the outside and take some pressure off JJ Watt.

2. STL - Greg Robinson, OT, Aubrn

Robinson is a beast up front and another player on the top of my board. Long continues to have health issues and the right side could use an upgrade as well. He will be the LT of the future, even if he starts his career on the right side.

3. JAX - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

Although they signed Henne, he is not the future. Although it wouldn't be my first pick as a GM is does make sense for them to grab the most NFL ready QB of the group. His poor pro day would also be a concern but this seems to be a popular pick.

4. CLE - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

The Browns need to continue to build a strong playmaking group on offense. With the signing of Tate and Gordon, adding one more piece could push this team to a much better offensive unit. They still need a QB, but I have a feeling a solid one will be available later in the first or even with their early second round pick.

5. OAK - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

Bortles is a prototypical QB with the size and skill set that will draw interest from the Raiders. He is a little raw but the Raiders need their QB of the future and Bortles has the opportunity to be the first steady QB they have had in a long time.

6. ATL - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

The falcons need Mack and at this point he is the best and only option. TE could be an option but that can wait, Mack is too good to pass up here. The falcons will love having this thumper get after the opposing QB, something they have needed lately.

7. TB - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina

The Bucs are quickly building a solid team to compete in what I think will be a stacked NFC South in 2014. With a lot of defensive signings they draft one of the next best pass catchers in this draft class. I know Wright had a solid year but Ebron is such a nightmare matchup he will bring a new dimension to their passing game and young QB.

8. MIN - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A & M

Not a high priority need for the Vikings but imagine in a couple years when they have Patterson and Evans tearing up opposing secondaries? Scary. The Vikings need secondary help but this is too early for any of those options o they go the BPA route and snag this big time wide out.

9. BUF - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A & M

Matthews is a steal here in my opinion. With Ebron, Evans, and Watkins all gone the Bills plan to swoop up the best player on the board and upgrade at the OT spot. They could potentially move Glenn over the right and slide Matthews in at LT or just put Matthews at RT. With this deep of a WR class they can add a solid weapon in round 2.

10. DET - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

Each year the Lions pass on a top DB and every year they continue to get torched through the air, giving up a ton of points on the year. It is my opinion they should address this issue right away and Gilbert is an excellent player who can bring stability to a less than desirable secondary.

11. TEN - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

With the move to the 3-4 the Titans need a good rush OLB. Barr can bring that athleticism to a group that lacked some pass rush last year. NT and OLB are the cornerstones of the 3-4 so this pick makes a lot of sense.

12. NYG - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

This is a top need for the Giants and Lewan had a very solid career at Michigan. He is more than capable of protecting the blindside for the next 10-12 years. The O-line struggled last year and this could help build towards a strength rather than a weakness.

13. STL - HaSean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

The Rams have a good defense but they do need help in the secondary, particularly at the safety position. With the top WRs gone and already having snagged the best OL in the draft, this pick makes a lot of sense. HCD can bring explosiveness and great ball hawking skills to an already opportunistic defense.

14. CHI - Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU

The bears need some help up front. They were terrible against the run last year. Jernigan would bring some much needed stoutness up the middle and is a great fit as a UT in the base 4-3 defense.

15. PIT - Darquez Dennard, CB, Michigan State

The Steelers need a CB who can handle #1 wide outs, they currently do not have anyone who can do that. Dennard seems like a typical Steeler CB. He can lock down in coverage and brings toughness in the run game. this is a great fit on both sides.

16. DAL - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

Going back to the 4-3 didn't work as well as they had hoped. They need to get more stout up front and Donald is a great value here. They have signed a couple of DTs in FA but they could use a big time DT for the future and Donald is that guy.

17. BAL - Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Baltimore lost Boldin last year and it showed. Flacco was not good for someone who was coming off of a big SB win and huge contract. They need to get him some help opposite Torrey Smith and Lee was once considered a top 10 pick. I still feel he is a top 3 WR in this draft so the Ravens can grab him and immediately upgrade their offense.

18. NYJ - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State

Geno needs some help and Cooks is an exception athlete and catches everything that comes his way. The Jets need playmakers and I can;t think of a bette one than Cooks at this point.

19. MIA - Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame

Miami had one of the worst offensive lines last year and they still almost made the playoffs. Give Tannehill some protection and the run game some holes to run through and this is a playoff team. They start to rebuild and draft Martin who excels in pass protection but is also a solid run blocker as well.

20. ARI - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A & M

Dee Ford is a popular pick here but Manziel is too good to pass on at this point. Palmer won't be in arizona much longer and Manziel can step into a pretty good situation with a top WR, another one on the rise and a very very good defense. Rush OLB is a need but again, Manziel would be hard to pass on.

21. GB - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville

Pryor would bring a toughness to the Packers secondary that they have lacked ever since Collins went down with a neck injury. Pryor can cover and step into the box and play the run. Players like Pryor are going to become more and vital to defenses with the emergence of so many mobile QBs.

22. PHI - CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama

The Eagles have some peices in place at ILB but they could all be upgraded. Ryans has not been ver good since he has played in the 3-4. Not only would Mosley upgrade an area of need, he is also the BPA at this point in the draft.

23. KC - O'Dell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU

The Chiefs have some needs on the defensive side after losing some key guys up front but they have lacked a solid #2 wide out for a while. McCluster, Baldwin, or Jenkins haven't panned out so far. Beckham is a physical WR who can go up and get the ball at its highest point.

24. CIN - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

After losing Johnson to the Bucs the Bengals need a replacement and Ealy is a good fit at this point. He is a big DE and may be better fit for the 3-4 but he can still be a great pass rusher and have plenty of impact in a 4-3.

25. SD - Louis Nix III, NT, Notre Dame

This is priority 1a for the Chargers. Nix can lay the NT and the Chargers need one desperately. They could also go CB here but in my opinion, NTs are much harder to come by, so they pull the trigger on one of the top DTs in the draft.

26. CLE - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State

The Brandon Weeden project was a failure so they go grab the last of the top echelon QB in the draft. This may be a bit of a reach but if they don't take him here they most certainly will not get a QB who can start for them from day 1.

27. NO - Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State

Shazier is a very versatile LB who should be able to play either inside or outside. After their signing of Byrd, the Saints filled a huge need. Now they take a playmaker at the next level. Shazier constantly made plays and his film speaks for itself. The Saints can afford to wait on a WR in this extremely deep class.

28. CAR - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU

The Panthers need a WR in the worst way. Benjamin has the potential to be a #1 WR. He has the strength, size, speed and leaping ability he just needs to hone those skills and his natural abilities into a steady professional.

29. NE - RaShede Hageman, DE, Minnesota

NE needs to reload up front. Hageman is a great defensive player who can fit nicely into the 5 tech position. His combination of size and strength mixed with quickness and agility makes him an ideal match for what the Patriots like to do.

30. SF - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

Without a lot of gaping holes the niners could use an upgrade at the cornerback position. A few recent signings didn't pan out and they have lost a few players in FA so it makes sense for them to help fill that void in the first round.

31. DEN - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

Roby has all the abilities and natural talent to be a top flight cornerback. His stock has dropped since a less than excellent senior season. Denver signed Talib but also lost DRC and Bailey. They need to get younger at the position and Roby helps that imediately.

32. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

Although they won the Superbowl, they had a whirlwind season on the offensive line. Wilson often didn't have a lot of time to throw and injuries played huge part in the problem along the offensive line. With their RT gone and needs at OG, Moses could fill either void as I feel he can play inside or out.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of picking Jernigan over Donald for the Bears.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
carrolljcmc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see that happening for the Broncos.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Browns take Bortles if he's there

Vince Lombardi
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Mosely slipping. It is an area of need when it comes to depth past next season, and he is clearly BPA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy Very Happy
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mack Truck to ATL I approve.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig Darqueze.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebron is a bit too early at 7 rather have Evans or Gilbert

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope to KB to the Panthers. Give us Morgan Moses or Jason Verrett based on value at the spot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Bengals pick. Him or Verrett is good with me

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm cool with the Vikings taking Evans
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennard is nice for the Steelers

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
The Mack Truck to ATL I approve.

2 THUMBS WAY UP!!!!!!! Very Happy
badgers0821

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
Ebron is a bit too early at 7 rather have Evans or Gilbert

I have Ebron rated above both of those two you mentioned. Only slightly higher than Evans but about 5 spots higher than Gilbert.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: