Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
i dont hate the Kony pick and it may pay off if we lose a DE next year. but with Moses there who most had us mocking in the 1st, i would have loved our draft if we had taken him. then we really would have "hog mollies". i could get excited about that oline. I just dont see where Kony will play that much other than DE. we are loaded at DT in a 3 man rotation, where edwards can rush the passer fine. I get BPA, just odd when I think there are guys who were just as good that fill a need.

I think the issue with Moses (and the reason he fell to the third) is that teams thought he was too stiff. I liked him because I thought he could eventually make the move to left tackle, but if teams saw him as only a right tackle, that hurts his value. As a right tackle only, Moses definitely wasn't as good of a prospect as Ealy.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
i dont hate the Kony pick and it may pay off if we lose a DE next year. but with Moses there who most had us mocking in the 1st, i would have loved our draft if we had taken him. then we really would have "hog mollies". i could get excited about that oline. I just dont see where Kony will play that much other than DE. we are loaded at DT in a 3 man rotation, where edwards can rush the passer fine. I get BPA, just odd when I think there are guys who were just as good that fill a need.

General Managers don't go buy media mock drafts. They do there own evaluations and make a board on that. They don't care what Mel Kiper thinks.

Thanks CK
ericr0319

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean across the board everyone had Moses as a 1st round early 2nd. And as RT it cant hurt to much stock JuWan James went 17th overall and he is as true a RT as it comes.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
i mean across the board everyone had Moses as a 1st round early 2nd. And as RT it cant hurt to much stock JuWan James went 17th overall and he is as true a RT as it comes.

The dolphins also took Ted Ginn 9th(?) overall in a draft. Just because they took him at 17 doesn't mean he won't completely fail. All we can do is trust in Gettleman's and the teams board.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
i mean across the board everyone had Moses as a 1st round early 2nd.

And yet he fell to the 3rd round.
skylined8300

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

^this

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:

Why wasn't he drafted earlier then? Talking heads don't matter.

Thanks CK
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Yeah, if you listened to Mel Kiper a couple years ago you would've thought Jimmy Clausen was somehow going to be drafted higher than first overall Laughing Yet he fell to us in the 2nd, and he sucked.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Yeah, if you listened to Mel Kiper a couple years ago you would've thought Jimmy Clausen was somehow going to be drafted higher than first overall Laughing Yet he fell to us in the 2nd, and he sucked.
Rolling Eyes

Really man? Sucked? If you think Jimmy Clausen sucked you know nothing about football.

Dwayne Jarrett sucked. Trading a first for Everette Brown sucked. Jake DeLOLhomme's playoff game against Arizone sucked. It is an insult to everyone reading your posts to say that Jimmy Clausen merely "sucked". Come on, man! Get your head out.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dark ages of Carolina football.
skylined8300

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

You left out

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skylined8300 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

You left out

Hurney wasn't as bad as we all really rave he was. Terrible at handing out contracts, however, our best players are all of Hurneys except for Star, KK, and AJ.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
ericr0319

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

and everyone had Kony in the 1st basically and he fell to the end of the 2nd? is he not good either.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Really man? Sucked? If you think Jimmy Clausen sucked you know nothing about football.

Dwayne Jarrett sucked. Trading a first for Everette Brown sucked. Jake DeLOLhomme's playoff game against Arizone sucked. It is an insult to everyone reading your posts to say that Jimmy Clausen merely "sucked". Come on, man! Get your head out.

Im not sure if youre being serious? Jimmy Clausen was awful and is out of the NFL now for good reason????
waltina

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Im not sure if youre being serious? Jimmy Clausen was awful and is out of the NFL now for good reason????
Highlighted the key word for you.
NHL-Hurricanes
Soccer-Arsenal/Barcelona
NBA-Bobcats/Suns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: