You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The importance of Pre- Draft Visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsnydes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they bring Allen Robinson in. He's killing it at his pro day today. Just improved his 40 from 4.60 at combine to sub 4.5. Definitely a guy I have on my radar in round 2. Big and physical.

TommyC376^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
If the bills go after an OT in the draft I really like Cyrus Kouandjio he is ranked the 6th OT and I think he will be available in the 3rd round. He is a big guy, which marrone loves, his footwork is excellent for his size too. He would be a 1st rounder but he has had some durability issues with a knee issue in 2011 and a shoulder surgery in 2013. I just dont see the bills drafting Mathews at 9 because of his size, but Im also against drafting a RT this early. I think there are more important needs especially with Hairston coming back from injury.

After seeing his bowl game, I want nothing to do with him. I understand it was one game but he was being beat on every play. I remember many people laughing at how bad he was in the college football section on this forum. He was really really bad. I couldn't imagine him going up against NFL talent every week. He was thought of as a 1st round talent but then people actually watched him in that game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
If the bills go after an OT in the draft I really like Cyrus Kouandjio he is ranked the 6th OT and I think he will be available in the 3rd round. He is a big guy, which marrone loves, his footwork is excellent for his size too. He would be a 1st rounder but he has had some durability issues with a knee issue in 2011 and a shoulder surgery in 2013. I just dont see the bills drafting Mathews at 9 because of his size, but Im also against drafting a RT this early. I think there are more important needs especially with Hairston coming back from injury.

After seeing his bowl game, I want nothing to do with him. I understand it was one game but he was being beat on every play. I remember many people laughing at how bad he was in the college football section on this forum. He was really really bad. I couldn't imagine him going up against NFL talent every week. He was thought of as a 1st round talent but then people actually watched him in that game.

Well Kouandijo will be a pure RT in the NFL IMO.. I have a 4th round grade on him at this point so depending on the round or who we select in the first couple rounds I'd be Ok with him
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshawn yea i know he did get worked in the game however it was one game and he was at LT i think landing him in the later round to be a RT he will perform better then Pears.

To me I rather see them explore the OT in the 2nd-4th round rather then the 1st. I think RT that early isnt worth it. I also dont even see Richardson and Mathews dropping either. There are multiple teams that could benefit with having an OT before the bills are up. The rams, jags and Bucs need help. The raiders still dont have an answer at their position after the Saffold debacle. Penn could help out but he is no elite LT and if you want to keep schaub alive on his blind side they should benefit by landing an LT early.

Thanks Max
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know exactly where to put this but I'm making a mock draft and I have an idea of a trade and wanted to get your guys in put. I apologize if its one sided because I am a browns fan and am just messing around

Bills move from 9 to 4

Bills get our 1st and the colts 3rd

Browns get your 1st, 2nd and 5th

I didn't look up the draft value chart but basically you guys move up to grab Watkins and we trade back to grab a falling QB while adding a late round pick and moving up from the third to the 2nd.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats fine leaving it here but it doesnt make sense for the bills to go after watkins especialy after spending a 6th round pick on Mike Williams. If Clowney was available that would be the trade to make and possibly mack other than that I dont see the point of the bills moving up.

Thanks Max
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Thats fine leaving it here but it doesnt make sense for the bills to go after watkins especialy after spending a 6th round pick on Mike Williams. If Clowney was available that would be the trade to make and possibly mack other than that I dont see the point of the bills moving up.

Let's say Mack's available would you jump up then
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Let's say Mack's available would you jump up then

I would personally slit my wrists, but I know a lot of people like him. We are going to a 4-3 so I really don't see a fit. Of the top prospects, if the Bills are going to trade up, it would be for Clowney, maybe a long shot if they think a run on OT's go and we can't get one.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not really sold on that trade for mack although I could see him in a von miller type role and wouldnt mind landing him. Not sure if 3 picks this year would be the smart move. Maybe the 5th rd coming from 2015.

Back to pre draft visits per source bills are at LSU's pro day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/8720/source-bills-checking-out-qb-mettenberger

The reporters are saying bills are looking at Mettenberger just to stir stuff up since the bills said they are all in with EJ. I think this is more of going to see what WR Odell Beckham Jr has to offer.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Im not really sold on that trade for mack although I could see him in a von miller type role and wouldnt mind landing him. Not sure if 3 picks this year would be the smart move. Maybe the 5th rd coming from 2015.

Back to pre draft visits per source bills are at LSU's pro day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/8720/source-bills-checking-out-qb-mettenberger

The reporters are saying bills are looking at Mettenberger just to stir stuff up since the bills said they are all in with EJ. I think this is more of going to see what WR Odell Beckham Jr has to offer.

Ya... I see us looking at Odell and Jeremy Hill more than Mettenberger.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Hyde is an insteresting visit. They really are pushing the runningbacks this year.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With almost 2/3 of the visits done I only see 3 guys worth taking in the 1st round possibly 4 but only 2 might be willing to take at the 9 spot with Ebron and Mathews. In the past 4 years the bills have focused in on a player they wanted in the 1st round through pre draft visits. Mathews will likely not be there with a few teams that are really interested in him (Rams, Jags, Raiders, Falcons, and Bucs). With OT being the 2nd deepest position in the draft I could see the bills drafting one in the later round. Ebron might be an option but with his lack of blocking skills on a run first offense I am not sold on him to be at pick 9. So it leaves 11 visits left for the bills potential 1st round pick at 9.

IMO Based on visits alone it seems to me the bills might be looking to either trade up or down to land the player they want. I really think the dark horse pick in this draft is clowney.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Carlos Hyde is an insteresting visit. They really are pushing the runningbacks this year.

I think the Bills know something we don't... Maybe Jackson's last year. We could definitely afford to add one this year because we have no gaping holes. First time in awhile that we could say that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I think the Bills know something we don't... Maybe Jackson's last year. We could definitely afford to add one this year because we have no gaping holes. First time in awhile that we could say that.

It's quite possible that this time next year Spiller and Jackson are gone. I like Dixon as a number 3 maybe #2 guy. But we definitely need a bruiser to replace Jackson should he leave.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one know if im missing a pre draft visit? So far I have 20 still looking for the other 10. Also does anyone know when the last day a player can visit?

Thanks Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: