Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What to do about the draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: What to do about the draft Reply with quote

What to do about the draft?

ILB- we have signed Jordan and sharpton that can play inside for us, unless there is extreme value at ILB where we pick mid to late round I wouldn't draft ILB, I think both signings can really contribute a lot to the position

WR-we signed Roberts who is someone I think that could really break out, I would love if we got Britt also, if we don't sign Britt I would say let's use the number 2 pick on a talented WR but if we sign him I feel we could get, Coleman, camponaro, or Reese later in the draft

S-I like that Merriweather is back, I feel that we should sign Clemons or Decoud as a stop gap FS tho, we have Thomas and Rambo from last year who can hopefully get a little better but unless Pryor or haha slips to us at #2 we don't take one

O-line- we signed Lauvao who I don't know about as of now but it looks like he will start at guard and we have Trent at LT and Licht at C, I'm hoping Gettis or leribous will come through and one start at G and I would like to give Polumbus some competition, I think we attack G and T with out 3 and 4 round picks, maybe Cyril Richardson in the 3 and Seantrel Henderson in the 4 at tackle

D-line- I think we are ok honestly, if we can grab a true NT later on I'll be happy, would be nice to experiment with Geathers at NT

CB- I'm okay with our corners as long as, Crawford and Minnifield become number 4 and 5, unless we get great value we stay put

I truly see this draft focusing on our WRs and Oline
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to focus on those two positions as well. There were rumors we wanted to get into the first round for contract reasons and possibly a certainn player. I was thinking maybe Kelvin Benjamin of Fl St. We all know Gruden has a thing for big recievers and he fits the mold and someone we would have to trade up for in the late first round for. I feel we need a reciever with some size and I wouldn't be disappointed to get him.

I don't think Garcon is a true number 1 reciever but an average number 1 or a great number 2 when you have a reciever like that I feel like you need another one like that. Benjamin could fill that roll and eventually develop to a true #1 receiver.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
I think we need to focus on those two positions as well. There were rumors we wanted to get into the first round for contract reasons and possibly a certainn player. I was thinking maybe Kelvin Benjamin of Fl St. We all know Gruden has a thing for big recievers and he fits the mold and someone we would have to trade up for in the late first round for. I feel we need a reciever with some size and I wouldn't be disappointed to get him.

I don't think Garcon is a true number 1 reciever but an average number 1 or a great number 2 when you have a reciever like that I feel like you need another one like that. Benjamin could fill that roll and eventually develop to a true #1 receiver.

I wouldn't trade up--Benjamin could be there at #34. We just need every pick we have ..We'd have to give our 3rd to move up to 8-10 spots..or 4th to move 3-4 spot..
big44dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they will trade up but I do think they will use either 34 or 66 on a WR with size. Gruden wants himself some weapons, and what better way to make nice nice with your star QB than getting him more weapons. Just makes sense
Blknite01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

I wouldn't trade up--Benjamin could be there at #34. We just need every pick we have ..We'd have to give our 3rd to move up to 8-10 spots..or 4th to move 3-4 spot..

I doubt it would be that high.

But more improtantly the only way we trade up is if we absolutely love the prospect so much, they feel thatd theyd rather have an extra year on hos contract versus some 5th rounder that has 1 percent chance of amounting to anything.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
I doubt they will trade up but I do think they will use either 34 or 66 on a WR with size. Gruden wants himself some weapons, and what better way to make nice nice with your star QB than getting him more weapons. Just makes sense

I really hope we don't trade up. I'd rather keep our picks and take BPA, which in a loaded draft like this should get us some good quality players.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:

I really hope we don't trade up. I'd rather keep our picks and take BPA, which in a loaded draft like this should get us some good quality players. That said there are a ton of great WR's, and Gruden will likely draft 1 early, so RG3 should finally have a good set of weapons to work with after this draft/offseason is completed.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us looking to generally take the best player available. I agree gruden will want a big receiver and there are several that will be available for us like Moncrief. I could also see us looking for a playmaker and drafting Archer or Reese a round or 2 early to get him.

You really can't count on rookies to help much in the first year unless they are top 10 picks so this is why free agency so important to fill out the starting 24 ( including kicker and punter ) before the draft.

So far so good but I'm very worried about returner, safety, center. Moderately concerned about cb, guard, tackle, wr, and want us to be open to draft the best player except a qb in the first few rounds or trade back to target the best player at a position of high or moderate concern.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
I see us looking to generally take the best player available. I agree gruden will want a big receiver and there are several that will be available for us like Moncrief. I could also see us looking for a playmaker and drafting Archer or Reese a round or 2 early to get him.

I'm right there with you on this! Especially with Archer, I'd be willing to wait a bit longer in the draft on Reese as he is more of an Aldrick Robinson type that is mainly just a deep threat only, but if Reese can be just a bit more consistent with his hands he could be great in the deep threat role. Would love to see either play on our team though!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:

You really can't count on rookies to help much in the first year unless they are top 10 picks so this is why free agency so important to fill out the starting 24 ( including kicker and punter ) before the draft.

So far so good but I'm very worried about returner, safety, center. Moderately concerned about cb, guard, tackle, wr, and want us to be open to draft the best player except a qb in the first few rounds or trade back to target the best player at a position of high or moderate concern.

Can't count on rooks ? Alfred Morris,, always the exception I guess..
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Well let's be honest, he is the exception to the rule.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

If your team has to start rookies its not a good team, that's the rule I've always liked. Its rare you get an absolutely dominant rookie.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Art Monk, Darrell Green, RG3, Sean Taylor, Chris Samuels, Jon Jansen, Champ Bailey, Carlos Rogers, Laron Landry, Brian Orakpo, Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan etc, etc come to mind also...

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

If your team has to start rookies its not a good team, that's the rule I've always liked. Its rare you get an absolutely dominant rookie.
Shocked our last 4 playoff teams had rookie starters! Shocked smh

1999 - Champ Bailey
2005 - Carlos Rogers (some)
2007 - Laron Landry
2012 - RG3 & Alfred Morris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

We don't win the 2012 division w/o RG3 & Kirk Cousins also

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: