Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desean Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay98 wrote:
The guy I have really been hoping the Chiefs would pick up in the draft has been Brandin Cooks. IMO he looks a lot like Jackson coming out of college. Incredibly explosive with the ball in his hands. Taking Cooks would be a gamble b/c you never know how someone will play out of college and then you think of other players that could be taken at that spot, a S!!!

The bottom line is we "don't" have the money now. If we could test the desire to win of some of the players currently on our roster we could make some serious upgrades at both WR and S. Sign DJ and draft a WR in the 1st or even dream bigger trade down and still pick up a top flight S and pick up another draft pick would be make a big step towards improving. Right now I feel like we have taken a step back while the "other" team has made a step leap forward.

Blasphemy!

Laughing

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
muttz1983

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea of DeSean Jackson on the team. It is a good fit. He is the speedy receiver that can stretch the field. Bowe is the intermediate reciever who can use his size and strength to get open. Avery or the new Canadian guy could be our slot reciever to do short crossing routes. I like it. Also, I like how it could give us flexibility in the draft.

I am big on the proposed trade with Tampa idea that was brought up a little while ago. Our first for their 2nd and 3rd.

2nd round - Joel Bitonio - compete for a guard spot or be the revolving player on the line
3rd round - Stanley Jean-Baptiste - He is one of my favorite players in the draft. I think he has good upside and a higher floor in the press system. I would like for him to come in and be opposite of Sean Smith, who I see him to be very similar to. Brandon Flowers could move to FS and be the centerfield player we all want. He has great vision, hard hitter, and smaller than what Sutton probably wants in a corner.
3rd round - CJ Fiedorowicz - We would need to clear cap space for Jackson and I think TE would be a good place. Our guy from Cincy last year could be a pass catching threat and so could this guy from Iowa.
4th round - Jon Halapio - Guard back up/ competition
5th round - Jordan Tripp - Linebacker from Montana who I am really high on. Versatile player who could fill in next to DJ or could come in to rush.
6th round - Keith Wenning - Getting rid of Daniel could free up some cap space as well. Wenning would fill in as third string as Bray takes over the 2nd string spot. I really like Wenning as a developmental qb. Could be a solid long term back up.
6th round - Beau Allen - Big strong NT who could give Poe a break on obvious rushing downs.

I think if the Chiefs don't add Jackson we will look for a WR early and our options in the draft would be impacted. Instead we could go best player throughout.
bigballin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...on the Brandin Cooks comparison...Brandin is much more like Steve Smith than Desean Jackson...which in my opinion is a good thing.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
...on the Brandin Cooks comparison...Brandin is much more like Steve Smith than Desean Jackson...which in my opinion is a good thing.

Are u comparing attitudes or skill set?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@wendllyn: #DJaxtoKC "@KcSportsDude: This city deserves another Bowe Jackson... it only seems right... #Chiefs"”

Agreed

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he's going to Oakland....great.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Habsawce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:

Until Denver swoops in and signs him after a verbal agreement of course Evil or Very Mad
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:

He would be scary in your O. Part of the reason why we will sign him is to keep him from division rivals. Laughing

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
kw_215

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say bring Jackson to KC. Money (CAP) seems to be an issue to many of you reguarding signing Jackson but it must not be a problem if KC is showing interest. I think it would make for an interesting season with Jackson in a KC uni opposite Bowe. Who knows, maybe that donkey Manning takes a hit and KC only has to worry about beating Indy/NE in the AFC Championship. When Manning goes down so does the broncos, when Manning has a bad game so does the broncos. Really who thought Seattle would beat Denver like they did let alone even have a chance at winning the big game.. I never seen that coming.. Gotta go with what is known and Andy Reid knows Jackson. The Brandon Cooks and Kelvin Benjamins could very well be the next Jon Baldwin and see where that got us.
kw_215

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:

He would be scary in your O. Part of the reason why we will sign him is to keep him from division rivals. Laughing

Wish you would of signed Emmanuel Sanders then. lol
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its not good to stereotype teams, but oakland is reinforcing the idea that they only look at forty times. Desean Jackson to the raiders is almost too good for a hollywood movie.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
bigballin wrote:

Cooks isn't as explosive as either player IMO. Which isn't anything wrong, Smith and Jackson are ridiculously explosive.

But Smith is a better comparison, Cooks doesn't give up what I really like about him.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@TerezPaylor: Can confirm reports DeSean Jackson will visit Washington on Monday. Source tells me the #Chiefs are among 7-8 teams vying for his services.”

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

#Chiefs were among those who did research on DeSean Jackson, as did plenty of others. Source says they are now OUT. He’ll visit Skins Monday

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
bigballin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
bigballin wrote:

Cooks isn't as explosive as either player IMO. Which isn't anything wrong, Smith and Jackson are ridiculously explosive.

But Smith is a better comparison, Cooks doesn't give up what I really like about him.

IMO both...Cooks skill set and attitude is similar to Steve Smith. For a small receiver he really attacks the jump ball like Smith, and with his big hands he usually comes down with the tuff catch. He plays with the same ultra competitive chip on his shoulder almost lil man syndrome that Smith does as well. Athletically and Physically I would say they are almost identical from what I see on tape although, Cooks ran a better 40 and had a much better 3 cone drill than Smith did.

I actually think that Cooks is just as if not more explosive than Smith.

If you are looking for a D Jackson clone that would have been Tavon Austin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: