Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desean Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Habsawce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson would open up the middle of the field for Bowe, my goodness it would be a great pickup if they can afford it.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this would be good for you guys. I understand the Reid connection
But he doesn't fit with Alex. And I see him complaining A LOT when he not getting the deep ball. Similar to crabs in sf but worse. Crabs was always throwing undercover jabs to the media at Alex. And you could tell that he didn't like him and a think that contributed to the lack of chemistry.
Draft obj and be happy me thinks. Or grab Adams in 2

new sig... sorry alex
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profootballtalk.com is saying we are pursuing him. Personally I am not thrilled with the idea of adding Jackson.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like Desean and Jackson. I do not want em, Sam I am.

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we can afford him. I'd not be opposed to the signing, but I just don't see it happening money wise.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Habsawce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I don't think this would be good for you guys. I understand the Reid connection
But he doesn't fit with Alex. And I see him complaining A LOT when he not getting the deep ball. Similar to crabs in sf but worse. Crabs was always throwing undercover jabs to the media at Alex. And you could tell that he didn't like him and a think that contributed to the lack of chemistry.
Draft obj and be happy me thinks. Or grab Adams in 2

I think the playoff game was an eye opener for Alex, he can air the ball out and put up some points.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Profootballtalk.com is saying we are pursuing him. Personally I am not thrilled with the idea of adding Jackson.

I knew before I even typed in www.footballsfut... That you would be against the idea of signing D Jax. I either know you way to well or you're way to predictable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid knows the guy, if he's on board and we can make it happen, then I'm on board. He would be a huge upgrade for our team. Even a 1 year deal is fine with me. There's no question he'd make us better.
Morkim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcpre wrote:
Andy Reid knows the guy, if he's on board and we can make it happen, then I'm on board. He would be a huge upgrade for our team. Even a 1 year deal is fine with me. There's no question he'd make us better.

IN REID I TRUST
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is exactly the piece we need for this offense. The ONLY thing I would be worried about (other than money, but I trust Dorsey to figure that out) is his off-the-field issues. Andy Reid knows Desean just as well as about anybody. So, if he signs off on adding Jackson (and it seems he has since we've reportedly contacted his agents), I'm all in. I would absolutely LOVE this signing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Profootballtalk reports "itís very possible" DeSean Jackson could command more than the $10.7 million he was due from the Eagles in 2014.
Per PFT's Mike Florio, it's not yet known whether Jackson is seeking a short-term deal, or if heíll sign a multi-year contract. The Chiefs, Jets, and Raiders are all reportedly pursuing Jackson, with as many as six teams expressing interest. If Jackson signs a one-year deal, Florio expects it to be in the range of $6 million or $7 million.

Uuugghh ...
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I knew before I even typed in www.footballsfut... That you would be against the idea of signing D Jax. I either know you way to well or you're way to predictable.

Atleast I am consistent! LOL
You for or against?

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
Profootballtalk reports "itís very possible" DeSean Jackson could command more than the $10.7 million he was due from the Eagles in 2014.
Per PFT's Mike Florio, it's not yet known whether Jackson is seeking a short-term deal, or if heíll sign a multi-year contract. The Chiefs, Jets, and Raiders are all reportedly pursuing Jackson, with as many as six teams expressing interest. If Jackson signs a one-year deal, Florio expects it to be in the range of $6 million or $7 million.

Uuugghh ...

Nothing surprises me with this guy. He signed his new deal and basically started complaining the next deal. I would definitely not want to see him on a one year deal with us. We aren't necessarily knocking on the Super Bowl door so a rental wouldn't make sense. We know his impact already and I would hate to see us used as a "nose clean" year so he can hit the market and make his money yet again - fo shizzle.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Atleast I am consistent! LOL
You for or against?

Surprisingly enough I think I'd pass on him. Not because of his chatarcter issues or his cap hit, but just for the fact that I still don't think we can oust Denver in the playoffs to get to the SB. I think this team should focus on getting younger at some positions and letting some guys get experience. That's why I'm really happy with the way we are going about dealing with Commings and Rishaw Johnson. I think we should continue to focus on changing our culture to a winning one but also focus on youth as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy I have really been hoping the Chiefs would pick up in the draft has been Brandin Cooks. IMO he looks a lot like Jackson coming out of college. Incredibly explosive with the ball in his hands. Taking Cooks would be a gamble b/c you never know how someone will play out of college and then you think of other players that could be taken at that spot, a S!!!

The bottom line is we "don't" have the money now. If we could test the desire to win of some of the players currently on our roster we could make some serious upgrades at both WR and S. Sign DJ and draft a WR in the 1st or even dream bigger trade down and still pick up a top flight S and pick up another draft pick would be make a big step towards improving. Right now I feel like we have taken a step back while the "other" team has made a step leap forward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: