You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desean Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K....I'll take your word for it that Hudson was a center I college, but I could have sworn he was a guard, drafted at guard and switched to center when he got here. Could be/maybe am..wrong. Thanks for clearing me up on that.

I just don't see Jackson here. We shot our cap wad last year on Bowe, DeVito, et al and now we need to concentrate on second tier guys and the draft this year....maybe next year we splash, but I just don't see it this year.

I know its blind faith, but I trust Andy and John to 'build' this team, and it takes more than 1-2 years.
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hudson may have played some Center but he was an All-American Left Guard for FSU.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Lonewolf, I'm not backin off the "guard' issue. Per NFL Scouting: "He was projected to be a 2-3 round pick in 2011. Graded as the 6th best offensive GUARD in the 2011 draft. He is projected to be moved to center in the NFL because of his "limited" size.

Not that it matters, but he is versatile enough to play the G psn, and could prob pick up enough weight to do so....jus sayin. It prob won't happen, but.....GUARD in college and drafted as a GUARD, THEN moved to Center. Played some tackle in college, but no where can I find where to took a snap at center. Wink
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hudson played Guard at Florida State. I believe he was playing Center in the Senior Bowl, that'swhen the main buzz of his intelligence started.

Also why do people insist on trading Bowe. Not only does it take away 1 of 2 players that every defense has to account for. It's also virtually impossible Cap wise.

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, I'm thinking Rishaw Johnson is gonna be our RG this year.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM, now you're on the same page I'm on. I think Reid and Dorsey saw enough to believe this guy can get it done. I'm not so sure that Watkins isn't getting a real good look too. Pick up a second tier guy or two in FA when the final cuts come down, and draft a couple people and were set. And remember we got Lickenbach (sp).

You absolutely don't need high profile guys in the trough to get that hard work done. Back in the day, Washington had the best OL in the league with two undrafted FA and no one higher than a 6th round pick. They dominated for several years. It CAN be done.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected on Hudson. That's why I said "pretty sure."

^ryknowssd on the sig
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs, really no biggie. Just wanted to make sure I understood it right. Sorry to hijack a DeSean Jackson post with talk of Oline. Wink
omar72587

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
guys, I'm thinking Rishaw Johnson is gonna be our RG this year.

Better yet...I think he is gonna doing extremely well as the starting rg. Remember him in the last game vs SD? The man was destroying people.
pauk109

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@NFL_ATL: Wow RT @Eagles After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson. Informed him of his release today
gamezguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purely from a football perspective I think we should be all-in on pursuing Desean Jackson. Reid can keep him under control and they're known to be close. I say we should...

A) Cut Anthony Fasano and Donnie Avery to add to the 4.6m in cap space we have, and sign DJ with everything we've got. Those two were just off the top of my head but you get the idea, cut a couple guys and add DJ.

B) Cut Bowe, sign DJ, trade down in the draft and pick up Kelvin Benjamin.

-What do you think?
JHawk24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamezguy wrote:
Purely from a football perspective I think we should be all-in on pursuing Desean Jackson. Reid can keep him under control and they're known to be close. I say we should...

A) Cut Anthony Fasano and Donnie Avery to add to the 4.6m in cap space we have, and sign DJ with everything we've got. Those two were just off the top of my head but you get the idea, cut a couple guys and add DJ.

-What do you think?

Cutting Bowe makes zero cap sense.

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHawk24 wrote:
gamezguy wrote:

-What do you think?

Cutting Bowe makes zero cap sense.

Agreed. Not only that but signing Jackson would severely hamper our efforts with extending Houston and Smith. I'd rather stick with a WR in the 1st and continue developing what we have.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic:

Quote:
Danny Parkins of 610 Kansas City reports the Chiefs have reached out to the reps for free agent DeSean Jackson.
The dots connect, as Chiefs coach Andy Reid drafted and coached Jackson in Philadelphia, and Kansas City is in the market for a receiver upgrade opposite Dwayne Bowe. Still only 27 years old, Jackson was released by the Eagles on Friday after a story on NJ.com appeared alleging gang ties to the Crips. D-Jax would be a big upgrade on Donnie Avery, and replace Dexter McCluster on punt returns. McCluster signed a three-year deal with Tennessee.

Not sure what the Crips are ... but we'll see ... now that no trade pick compensation will be neededit may depend just on his financial demands. But I've seen at least 4 other teams interested in him.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Crips are a street gang, one of the biggest in the nation. Enemies of the Bloods. I think if anyone knows the risk versus reward of Jackson its Andy.

This will be a very interesting thing to see how it plays out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: