Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
I still don't get the attraction of Dee Ford. Isn't he this year's Dontay Moch?

I'd like Ford much more if we traded down into the late 1st/early 2nd and picked him up then.

As for the Moch comparison, it's not really a fair one. Moch shot up draft boards after running a 4.44 40, and Ford's was 4.67. Moch has shown flashes of being a productive NFL edge rusher, but injuries have stalled his career.

Ford is probably a better fit for a 3-4 defense though. We may would be better off going for a DE/SLB hybrid in the 2nd round; a guy like Attaochu, Van Noy, or Christian Jones could be a possible fit.

Last edited by Hokie on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
I still don't get the attraction of Dee Ford. Isn't he this year's Dontay Moch?

Think so.

I think they met with Ford in Indy, and when the cards cut Moch, they thought they'd be better off giving him another look. They've said Moch is here as a DE, so that kind of confirms it IMO. If only Moch could stay healthy, he could become an impact guy for us on 3D.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about the QB thing in the Campbell thread. I was surprised by it actually...because I thought you guys were okay with Josh Johnson...All I know about Johnson is that he is a hard worker, has some starting experience, good locker room guy. but hey...maybe you guys are looking for some to actually replace Dalton? a sleeper perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
I was talking about the QB thing in the Campbell thread. I was surprised by it actually...because I thought you guys were okay with Josh Johnson...All I know about Johnson is that he is a hard worker, has some starting experience, good locker room guy. but hey...maybe you guys are looking for some to actually replace Dalton? a sleeper perhaps?

Josh Johnson is athletic but not a good QB. He was on the roster because he'd played for Jay Gruden previously in Tampa. With Hue now taking over he's switching the backup QB to Jason Campbell who had played well for him as the starter in Oakland before the Palmer trade.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Josh Johnson is athletic but not a good QB. He was on the roster because he'd played for Jay Gruden previously in Tampa. With Hue now taking over he's switching the backup QB to Jason Campbell who had played well for him as the starter in Oakland before the Palmer trade.

That does make sense....That does usually happen with Regime Change...Josh Johnson is athletic but he is a good QB. He actually is a smarter and more heady QB, especially more than Jason who really is a check down guy who has shown he can't read Defenses well at all...Johnson quite the opposite...Josh reads D well, just needed polish but was never going to start over Coaches pick Freeman...and in hindsight Johnson looks like he would have done better than Freeman...because freeman is barely looking like a serviceable back up these days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: