Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tuitt to the Falcons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappa13004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Tuitt to the Falcons Reply with quote

Hi, not a Falcon fan so i'd like to hear you guys about Stephon Tuitt, do you think he'd be a good 2nd round pick ? It seems you will run lots of 34, Tuitt could a nice prospect behind T.Jackson, add solid rotation and maybe a future starter two years from now ?
BladeKor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is there in the 2nd round, I wouldn't be upset about the pick.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an excellent pickup

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

second round pick, I'd love it.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be against it

#FreeToddGurley
Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan, but after the free agency that the Falcons have had I'm warming up to him. The only problem with drafting him in the second is you still have a need for a pass rusher, RT, safety, and TE. Lots of needs still.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Tuitt to the Falcons i think he is a great pickup for us. The main problem i would see with that is we actually have starters at 3-4 DE and DT now that we can depend on atleast.

This addition of tuitt would leave FS, TE, and RT very short to fill those roles in the draft with starting talent which 2 of the 3 positions in TE and FS absolutely need and RT could use an upgrade still but not a 100% must.

If we could fill 2 more of the positions in FA then Tuitt in the 2nd + the other one of the 3 in the 3rd would be fine.

Still not mad at the pick even if we don't get anyone else in FA as he is a great player.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of our top needs. Unless we sign more FAs, we still need a pass rusher, FS, and a OT, and getting him in the second would be a luxury pick. I wouldn't hate it, but we do have Jackson and Babs, who can play end in the 34. I'd much rather go with someone else.

#JDI
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be.really good value but if we can get good value at out remaining top need (assuming FS and edge rusher as those needs and assuming one had been dressed in the first) I would prefer addressing that remaining need. But if Tuitt is there its hard to think there will enough value at edge rusher or FS to say that it would be a better pick than Tuitt. I think it would come down to having dressed FS in the first by most likely trading down and getting Clinton-Dix and the Van Noy being given the edge over Tuitt bc they are ranked around the value but Van Noy would adress a need. Long story short if Tuitt is there than 80% chance he's the smart pick.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
zappa13004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies guys.

Talking about Tuitt in the 2nd was assuming K.Mack was the 1st round pick !

Babs and Jackson as starters but you need a 3rd guy; I know about safety need but as i was doing a mock draft i thought Tuitt would have better value (to me) than Joyner and, the draft not always about needs but about the future or BPA and it is why i think he has value there. With him you'd have a very solid rotation in front 7 : Babs- Soliai - Jackson with Peters and Tuitt on rotation, Mack and Umenyiora outside with Goodman, Maponga and Matthews on rotation.

There will be some free safeties available in the 3rd-4th round : T.Brooks / D.Bailey / E.Reynolds / D.Johnson / M.Huff...

Once again, thanks guys, i have a better idea now...
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
Thanks for your replies guys.

Talking about Tuitt in the 2nd was assuming K.Mack was the 1st round pick !

Babs and Jackson as starters but you need a 3rd guy; I know about safety need but as i was doing a mock draft i thought Tuitt would have better value (to me) than Joyner and, the draft not always about needs but about the future or BPA and it is why i think he has value there. With him you'd have a very solid rotation in front 7 : Babs- Soliai - Jackson with Peters and Tuitt on rotation, Mack and Umenyiora outside with Goodman, Maponga and Matthews on rotation.

There will be some free safeties available in the 3rd-4th round : T.Brooks / D.Bailey / E.Reynolds / D.Johnson / M.Huff...

Once again, thanks guys, i have a better idea now...

Falcons do not draft BPA

#JDI
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Not one of our top needs. Unless we sign more FAs, we still need a pass rusher, FS, and a OT, and getting him in the second would be a luxury pick. I wouldn't hate it, but we do have Jackson and Babs, who can play end in the 34. I'd much rather go with someone else.

If Greg Robinson/ Matthews is the first pick the Falcons could go Tuitt in the 2nd. Now that would still leave pass rusher as a big hole which isn't very comforting but it's a path that could occur.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

If Greg Robinson/ Matthews is the first pick the Falcons could go Tuitt in the 2nd. Now that would still leave pass rusher as a big hole which isn't very comforting but it's a path that could occur.

I would absolutely hate that. If we are dead set on OT in the first I hope it's Robinson but would be okay with Matthews. If we go OT in the first, in the 2nd you have to go OLB/DE with Van Noy/Attachou. We need that edge rusher so bad. I would be mad if we passed up KVN or Attachou for Tuitt. Now if we got Mack first, then I would hope for Ward or Moses in the 2nd

#FreeToddGurley
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

I would absolutely hate that. If we are dead set on OT in the first I hope it's Robinson but would be okay with Matthews. If we go OT in the first, in the 2nd you have to go OLB/DE with Van Noy/Attachou. We need that edge rusher so bad. I would be mad if we passed up KVN or Attachou for Tuitt. Now if we got Mack first, then I would hope for Ward or Moses in the 2nd

I agree, I think Pass Rush and Oline have to be 1st and 2nd round. And if possible I wouldn't mind giving up a 3 and a 5 to get back into the 2nd to grab a safety or TE.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: