Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Simple 1 rounder with trades from TCG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like this for the Raiders mainly because of the trade back for Evans who I think is gonna be a stud. Manziel later in the draft also wouldn't bother me. Interested in seeing who you would have us taking in the second.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland could draft Bridgewater and instead we take what would be an OLB in the 3-4. We drafted Mingo last year at 6 and signed Paul Kruger to a big deal. That would be a terrible pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Browns taking Mack

Vince Lombardi
ThugCityGrunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff34man wrote:
I don't hate the trade up and go get Bridgewater for the vikes but I don't think it is likely. It would not be a typical GM Rick Spielman move. He would be more likely to trade down then up that high in the draft. Also I think most GM's are in agreement the QB class is not that high this year. There is no one worth trading up for in the top 10. I think Carr is worth trading up for at the end of the 1st which would be a typical Spielman move.

When it comes to QBs throw out the "not a typical GM move" argument. The Vikings need a QB as much as any team in the NFL and I think they are sensible enough to see that TB is going to be a true franchise QB. I dont see them letting a 2nd round pick get in the way of that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Bortles over Bridgewater is foolish unless we are talking Houston where the coach seems to really do well with and prefer working with more prototypical sized QBs. Bortles is not as good a QB as Teddy and I would rather not hear 'but Teddy did not have a good pro day' because pro-days are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I completely agree but NFL scouts and decision makers seem to like Bortles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekstanggt wrote:
Patriots just signed Revis and Browner. CB is probably the most stacked position for NE. Terrible 1st round pick. NE needs DT, TE, OL, LB, DE

Revis is only on a 1 year deal but I forgot about Browner. Revis is like to re-sign too. I'll change that pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danish49ers wrote:
Can't see the 9ers move up for a WR, which isn't a major need.

Maybe if one of the top 2 CBs would start to slip...

Not a major need but one thing they dont have on their offense is a playmaker like Cooks. The immediate impact he can offer their offense is a lot more than that of a WR they couldget later in the draft or even a more traditional WR like Beckham Jr. Also, since they dont need a CB to start right away, the difference in impact between a CB they get at 30 and a CB they get in the 2nd round is much smaller.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
Manziel > Jernigan for the cardinals

I doubt they want to take a QB that early who won start. They can get a QB like Mettenberger or Brett Smith who have much more potential in the 2nd or 3rd round.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Wouldn't be shocked if the eagles took manziel as bpa if he falls to us.

I would be floored. I dont think even Andy Reid wouldn't do that and he took Kolb

ninjapirate wrote:

I would be floored. I dont think even Andy Reid wouldn't do that and he took Kolb

ninjapirate wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
Not a good pick for the Packers. After all our signings this makes no sense. Also with Pryor, Mosley, etc. still on the board this really makes no sense, and Tuitt is a reach at that spot.

Quite frankly this couldn't be much worse of a pick.

What signings Raji and Guion? Both on one year deals?

Tuitt is not a reach there. Just cause he isnt going to make much of an impact is a rookie does not make this a reach.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark83 wrote:
Cleveland could draft Bridgewater and instead we take what would be an OLB in the 3-4. We drafted Mingo last year at 6 and signed Paul Kruger to a big deal. That would be a terrible pick.

I think the Browns are targeting a QB outside of their first pick.

Mack the obvious BPA. Teams dont draft for need when it comes to elite prospects. He is going to be a Von Miller like player. You dont pass that up unless there is another elite prospect. (Greg Robinson is also in this mold and a possible pick but we run into the sameproblem since they have Thomas. Also, Pettiness went to Mack's pro day over Robinson's)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornerback makes little more sense right now for the 49ers, though they could draft a wide receiver. I'm assuming you meant that they were trading just one of their second round picks and not both of them because that just wouldn't happen. Last year they made the jump up into the late teens (13 spots) for a third rounder. While the cost may be a little more expensive this year based on the prospect pool, it's definitely not going to cost them both second rounders.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
mark83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThugCityGrunt wrote:
mark83 wrote:

I think the Browns are targeting a QB outside of their first pick.

Mack the obvious BPA. Teams dont draft for need when it comes to elite prospects. He is going to be a Von Miller like player. You dont pass that up unless there is another elite prospect. (Greg Robinson is also in this mold and a possible pick but we run into the sameproblem since they have Thomas. Also, Pettiness went to Mack's pro day over Robinson's)

Our GM went to Louisvilles pro day and they said he was looking at a projected late round LB almost the entire time. The eagles attended Bridgewaters pro day does that mean that they want him, probably not but they are doing their due diligence. I don't think OLB or defense period will be the pick at 4. That's just me, I know our new coach is a defensive guy but he even said a franchise type QB is priority.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: