Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Skate's 2014 NFL Mock 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
This is a bad pick with little research at this stage in the game. Why would the Bucs take Matthews?

Just signed Collins to play LT, Demar Dotson was one of if not the top rated RT last year in the league. You don't take a guard at 7 overall, especially one that has never played the position....

Bortles would be the much better pick there.
Last year I gave TEN Cooper at OG and they all said "why would we do that when we signed the most expensive OG in the NFL!!@@@!!???". Cooper didn't make it there and they took the #2 OG.

I have a hard time seeing TB right now Giving up on a 3rd round pick after 1 year while placing him #3 of the depth chart behind a rookie and McCown.

And for the you don't take a OG #7.. 2 were picked by #10 last year including one at #7. Just saying that you do take them early. Not that Matthews will be there.

That's great you said that last year, props on that, but I can guarentee you we aren't looking at a LT at 7. The only chance we take one is if there's a run on Teddy, Bortles, Watkins, Clowney and Mack. If that's the first 5 and Robinson was still there at 7 maybe we look at him but I think a trade scenario is likely.

And giving up on Glennon? You serious with this? It's a new regime that has ZERO ties. We just cut Revis which we used a first last year and fourth this year. Please believe the Bucs will take a QB very early in this draft (1st or 2nd)

Lastly it proved last year why you don't take them. Arizona played without theirs the entire season and the titans are picking the same spot and we saw Warmack struggle greatly while the second round guard in detriot looked the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
This is a bad pick with little research at this stage in the game. Why would the Bucs take Matthews?

Just signed Collins to play LT, Demar Dotson was one of if not the top rated RT last year in the league. You don't take a guard at 7 overall, especially one that has never played the position....

Bortles would be the much better pick there.
Last year I gave TEN Cooper at OG and they all said "why would we do that when we signed the most expensive OG in the NFL!!@@@!!???". Cooper didn't make it there and they took the #2 OG.

I have a hard time seeing TB right now Giving up on a 3rd round pick after 1 year while placing him #3 of the depth chart behind a rookie and McCown.

And for the you don't take a OG #7.. 2 were picked by #10 last year including one at #7. Just saying that you do take them early. Not that Matthews will be there.

That's great you said that last year, props on that, but I can guarentee you we aren't looking at a LT at 7. The only chance we take one is if there's a run on Teddy, Bortles, Watkins, Clowney and Mack. If that's the first 5 and Robinson was still there at 7 maybe we look at him but I think a trade scenario is likely.

And giving up on Glennon? You serious with this? It's a new regime that has ZERO ties. We just cut Revis which we used a first last year and fourth this year. Please believe the Bucs will take a QB very early in this draft (1st or 2nd)

Lastly it proved last year why you don't take them. Arizona played without theirs the entire season and the titans are picking the same spot and we saw Warmack struggle greatly while the second round guard in detriot looked the best.
I know they have 0 ties. I'm not an idiot. But they want to remake their line and a good way to start is with a new fancy LT to protect the QB. Maybe they see if they have something in Glennon. I'm not saying they won't get a QB. No one "Knows" anything. My guess is they take a LT in Lewan. Tho If they want Bortles I'm fine with that (tho I'm not a fan of his personally).

Sig bet
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers signed our new starting S in FA. Try again.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
I think its much more likely that the Bears take a safety or a DT in round 1 than a DB.

I love Dennard - but he just doesn't seem like the 'measurables' type of guy that Phil Emery loves.
Shea McClellin wasn't a measureables guy either tho.

Huh? That's exactly what he was. He was 6'3" and 260 pounds and ran a 4.62, had a 7.07 3-cone, and a 1.56 10yd split.

Those are all top 3 in this year's combine.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verrett is the right pick for SF if the board falls like this!
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be just fine with Lewan to the Bills.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verrett or Mosely is better for Bengals

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

skatebeanz wrote:
I know they have 0 ties. I'm not an idiot. But they want to remake their line and a good way to start is with a new fancy LT to protect the QB. Maybe they see if they have something in Glennon. I'm not saying they won't get a QB. No one "Knows" anything. My guess is they take a LT in Lewan. Tho If they want Bortles I'm fine with that (tho I'm not a fan of his personally).

You kind of contradict yourself with this. You see they have no ties but have a hard time seeing a QB? You get what I mean right?

They already have remade their line. Cut two starters in Davin Joesph and Donald Penn. Signed Collins and Dietrich-Smith. Before the Collins signing I wouldnt have argued with you but we have other pressing needs.

In this spot if they werent in love with Bortles, which they might not be, from my understanding they are very high on Carr, if that was the case I would trade down.

I just dont see Matthews being the pick, but if Im wrong i'll gladly admit my mistake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Nix Shocked

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Manziel at #3 overall? HAHAHA!! I'll guess I will give you a pass as it must be you had little too much to drink on Saint Patty's Day.
I can take it.. I got laughed at for sayign Bortles #1 overall 2 months ago.

1) Bortles has the size and upside to warrant the pick for a team like Houston with a head coach like O'Brien. Teddy is just an overrated player who was electirc in college but is going to struggle to have success once he transitions to the NFL.
2) And 2 months ago, the 'big picture' was less clear. It is pretty clear Johnny is not worth such a high pick, whereas the upside of Bortles coupled with his true prototypical size makes him worth a high pick, although talent alone does not make him worth the #1 overall pick.
Either way... The clear picture isn't here now. Read a little up and see I was laughed at last year for giving Cooper to TENN... Instead they got a OG but had to draft the guy rated behind Cooper.

You don't "Know" that Manziel won't be the pick.

I dont know if he will be the pick, but I pray he isnt Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Texans pick. Barring a trade down, Clowney or Bortles look to be the pick.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

skatebeanz wrote:

You kind of contradict yourself with this. You see they have no ties but have a hard time seeing a QB? You get what I mean right?

They already have remade their line. Cut two starters in Davin Joesph and Donald Penn. Signed Collins and Dietrich-Smith. Before the Collins signing I wouldnt have argued with you but we have other pressing needs.

In this spot if they werent in love with Bortles, which they might not be, from my understanding they are very high on Carr, if that was the case I would trade down.

I just dont see Matthews being the pick, but if Im wrong i'll gladly admit my mistake
Caldwell has 0 ties and won't cut Stafford.
Bradley had 0 ties and didn't cut Gabbert (traded him after they evaluated him for 1 year).
Trestman didn't cut Cutler with 0 ties (nor let him walk, they evaluated for 1 year).

I know Stafford and Cutler>Glennon. But the point is most 0 tie one's that are cut are guys who have high salaries (with little guarantees). Not high upside projects with a low salary that did decent.

Some of mine are based on needs before FA which is my bad (PIT I gave a S to). However, I personally don't like need based drafting (Ponder and Frederick comes to mind as huge reaches based on need). Lions signed a 5M/year WR to go with their 17M/year WR and I gave them a WR.

Sig bet
First In Flight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, I would be happy with Calvin Pryor at #22.

What would make it even better is if the Eagles could secure an edge rusher in the 2nd round, like his team mate Marcus Smith or Georgia Tech's Jeremiah Attachou.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure Howie takes C.J. Mosley there. We don't need to draft a safety and C.J. is way better than Calvin.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
AQuintus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of Bortles, but anyone other than Manziel is fine by me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: