Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryant McKinnie says he's willing to play right tackle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huddle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Bryant McKinnie says he's willing to play right tackle Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334895/article/bryant-mckinnie-says-hes-willing-to-play-right-tackle

What you guys think about him or Clabo at RT for 1 year and draft Mewhort (OT) in the 3 Round. Mewhort take over as a Starter next season ?

Than in the first Round we can draft Su`a - Filo (what a beast).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC4z8dRewZA

our O-Line :

McKinnie/Clabo--Smith--Pouncey--Sua-Filo--Albert

that sounds so good to me and we have now the 2 Round pick for a RB-> Sankey,Mason,Carey.

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bryant McKinnie says he's willing to play right tackle Reply with quote

Huddle wrote:

our O-Line :

that sounds so good to me and we have now the 2 Round pick for a RB-> Sankey,Mason,Carey.

Swap Guards and or Draft a guard for the right side. Smith is gonna be left guard.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
MiamiGuy13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to McKinnie on the right side. He's been a LT his whole career and he is not fast enough to play RT IMO in our offense. I could see us bringing Eric Winston on a 1 year deal and then drafting Mewhort, Moses, or Turner
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiamiGuy13 wrote:
No thanks to McKinnie on the right side. He's been a LT his whole career and he is not fast enough to play RT IMO in our offense. I could see us bringing Eric Winston on a 1 year deal and then drafting Mewhort, Moses, or Turner

I do not understand your rationale. I agree with response but the rationale puzzles me. LT's typically need to be more agile as the LB's or DE's rushing from that side are more athletic than the other side. Conversely RT's tend not to be as mobile. So when you say McKinnie is not fast enough to play RT I say bologne since he has played LT for many years.

As I said I agree with your answer just not your explanation. McKinnie is just looking to keep his paycheck flowing. He is on the cusp of no longer being NFL relevant and his plea to play RT is a hail mary to generate interest in his services.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
MiamiGuy13 wrote:

I do not understand your rationale. I agree with response but the rationale puzzles me. LT's typically need to be more agile as the LB's or DE's rushing from that side are more athletic than the other side. Conversely RT's tend not to be as mobile. So when you say McKinnie is not fast enough to play RT I say bologne since he has played LT for many years.

As I said I agree with your answer just not your explanation. McKinnie is just looking to keep his paycheck flowing. He is on the cusp of no longer being NFL relevant and his plea to play RT is a hail mary to generate interest in his services.

I find in today's NFL most of the more agile pass rushing DE's tend to rush from the right side. Probably in order to take advantage of worse OT's on that side. That's the side Wake rushes from.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
MiamiGuy13 wrote:

I find in today's NFL most of the more agile pass rushing DE's tend to rush from the right side. Probably in order to take advantage of worse OT's on that side. That's the side Wake rushes from.

That is not accurate. It is possible they switch sides from time to time to take advantage of matchup but the best pass rushers are not right side dominant.

Robert Mathis played predominantly the LOLB spot this year-19.5 sacks, Robert Quinn-LDE w/ 19 sacks, Mario Williams, LDE-13 sacs, Greg Hardy LDE, 15 sacks, Tamba Hali, John Abraham, Jared Allen are great pass rusher all play the LDE spot. Of course you have power pass rushers like Cameron Jordan, Charles Johnson who are effective but they are not elusive.

I agree pass rushers play both sides these days. We say the Fins do that with Jason Taylor as well. We also see Wake switch sides but LT is still the most important and agile of the OT's.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
MiamiGuy13 wrote:

That is not accurate. It is possible they switch sides from time to time to take advantage of matchup but the best pass rushers are not right side dominant.

Robert Mathis played predominantly the LOLB spot this year-19.5 sacks, Robert Quinn-LDE w/ 19 sacks, Mario Williams, LDE-13 sacs, Greg Hardy LDE, 15 sacks, Tamba Hali, John Abraham, Jared Allen are great pass rusher all play the LDE spot. Of course you have power pass rushers like Cameron Jordan, Charles Johnson who are effective but they are not elusive.

I agree pass rushers play both sides these days. We say the Fins do that with Jason Taylor as well. We also see Wake switch sides but LT is still the most important and agile of the OT's.

You realize LOLBs and LDEs play over the RT.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
MiamiGuy13 wrote:

Well then the RDE and ROLB. But I think everyone gets my point
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
MiamiGuy13 wrote:

Well then the RDE and ROLB. But I think everyone gets my point

I think the agility and speed required of a LT has less to do with dominant pass rushers and which side they come from than the majority of QBs being right hand dominant. To state the obvious, right hand dominant QBs will take their drop back steps with their back to the LT, making the LT the blindside protection.

Nevertheless I do agree with Ovaw that traditionally the RDE is the better pass rusher of the two starting DE's. Also, sacks don't tell the whole story.

That being said, most edge rushers find their rhythm and niche from a particular side and always prefer one side over the other.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take McKinney for a RT provided its a cap friendly deal. Obviously his best years are behind him, but I think he could have a year left as a stop gap RT.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant McKinnie says he's willing to play right tackle Reply with quote

Huddle wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334895/article/bryant-mckinnie-says-hes-willing-to-play-right-tackle

What you guys think about him or Clabo at RT for 1 year and draft Mewhort (OT) in the 3 Round. Mewhort take over as a Starter next season ?

our O-Line :

I would pass on McKinnie. I do not hate the idea of bringing Clabo back since he did look much better later in the season as he got used to the system.

But I do love your thought process, taking Su'a - Filo in the 1st and Mewhort in the 3rd with a RB sandwiched in between like Carlos Hyde. That or if one of the LB's fall I would be happy with that as well.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
MiamiGuy13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryant McKinnie says he's willing to play right tackle Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Huddle wrote:

our O-Line :

I would pass on McKinnie. I do not hate the idea of bringing Clabo back since he did look much better later in the season as he got used to the system.

But I do love your thought process, taking Su'a - Filo in the 1st and Mewhort in the 3rd with a RB sandwiched in between like Carlos Hyde. That or if one of the LB's fall I would be happy with that as well.

would LOVE to find a way to trade down and get Su'a Filo in the mid 20s
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinnie would be a good backup swing tackle for about 2M.

Last edited by freak_of_nature on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinnie is still lazy and will come in to camp out of shape and ineffective for the 1st 4 or 5 games.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
McKinnie is still lazy and will come in to camp out of shape and ineffective for the 1st 4 or 5 games.....

U r probably correct, but I would still consider him as an option if the price is right. He's far from my first choice, but we could do much worse than McKinnie ( see 2nd round draft bust Johnathan Martin ).

I am also open to Clabos return. He did perform better as the season progressed.

Additionally, we are spending a 7th rounder in this years draft for McKinney. Another reason I would like for us to get some use out of him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: