Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB questions??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I'd be shocked if we drafted a RB this year honestly. 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder in the last two years. We bring in a vet if anything.

I'm personally comfortable with the current three.

I sound like a broken record but if Ball gets hurt you really think we can win a championship with CJ and Hillman? One way or another we need to add another RB or I 100% feel that we will regret it later on this season. We need to be able to run the ball it's very important in this offense, and I just don't trust CJ and Hillman yet.

We aren't going to carry 4 backs. Most teams would be in trouble if their starter got hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if a veteran makes the team over Anderson as more insurance for injuries, but I think they really like him/have faith in him.

There is zero doubt in my mind that Ball and Hillman will be the top two backs.

Yeah I'm not saying we should carry 4 backs I don't think that both CJ and Hillman make the team. I just think that we badly need an upgrade at RB. Is Ball never gonna get tired and just play every snap every game? He wasn't that great last season in pass protection. We don't use our backs in the pass game as much as other teams so they are going to have to be able to PP, and right now the three backs that we have are not very good in that area IMO.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure CJ will be named the starter in the first mini camp.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love MJD too if we could get him for cheap. I was hoping this team would go after Darren McFadden before the FA started. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Michael Bush for cheap and he would be the backup/3rd down RB for Ball.

The RBs are going to key if we face Seattle again in the Superbowl. I doubt Peyton will play worse than he did in last season's Superbowl but running the ball is key. We didn't establish a run game because Moreno lacks explosiveness and because we were playing from behind.

It seems clear that Ball is going to start and rightfully so. He was great in the 2nd half of the season. He lacked experience and knowledge that Moreno had though but after a year on his belt, he more than likely will catch up. CJ and Hillman will battle it out for the 2nd string RB position. CJ is pretty similar to Ball at least in terms of running styles while Hillman is the opposite of Ball.

If Hillman starts the season as the #2 back, it wouldn't surprise me if he loses the spot due to fumbles like he did this season to Ball. The only difference is that he would lose to CJ Anderson this time.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I'd be shocked if we drafted a RB this year honestly. 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder in the last two years. We bring in a vet if anything.

I'm personally comfortable with the current three.

I sound like a broken record but if Ball gets hurt you really think we can win a championship with CJ and Hillman? One way or another we need to add another RB or I 100% feel that we will regret it later on this season. We need to be able to run the ball it's very important in this offense, and I just don't trust CJ and Hillman yet.

We aren't going to carry 4 backs. Most teams would be in trouble if their starter got hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if a veteran makes the team over Anderson as more insurance for injuries, but I think they really like him/have faith in him.

There is zero doubt in my mind that Ball and Hillman will be the top two backs.

Yeah I'm not saying we should carry 4 backs I don't think that both CJ and Hillman make the team. I just think that we badly need an upgrade at RB. Is Ball never gonna get tired and just play every snap every game? He wasn't that great last season in pass protection. We don't use our backs in the pass game as much as other teams so they are going to have to be able to PP, and right now the three backs that we have are not very good in that area IMO.

IIRC, one of CJ Anderson's strengths coming into the NFL was his ability and willingness to pass block.

With that, most rookie running backs need work in pass pro, so drafting a rookie won't necessarily solve that problem.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a vet to come in to push Ball for the starting job and provide depth with Anderson/Hillman.

My guy all offseason has been Andre Brown, when it hasnt been Knowshon Moreno of course.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the problem with the current RB's is experience, not talent. Draft would not fix that.

We are a nice destination for a vet back (obviously) so I'm sure it is just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why sign MJD when we have CJ?
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreno did so much for us in terms of PP, and also being a leader to the other backs. I think we are going to miss him late in games and on crucial 3rd down situations. Whether it be 3rd and short running the ball or 3rd and 5+ passing the ball? Elway must have something in mind because I know he's not going to hand everything over to a 2nd year back that didn't get that much playing time his rookie year.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball is posed for a big year, Hillman, if we use him how I saw him being used in TC could be a weapon and Andersen has nice potential and plays petty good on ST. Personally I would like to see us draft or sign a true FB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pick up MJD at vet minimum.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to see us draft a guy late who has upside. I believe we were at Isaiah Crowell's pro day, he's the perfect fit.

Thanks, Tzimisce
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

CJ's poised for a breakout year. If anything there will be a RB controversy. Trade one of them now (Ball/CJ) while we can still get a first rounder.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

CJ's poised for a breakout year. If anything there will be a RB controversy. Trade one of them now (Ball/CJ) while we can still get a first rounder.

I agree. The Broncos should trade Ball right now!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
eddie mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that quite a few on this thread have been taking advantage of the new perks in Colorado.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: