Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB questions??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
denverbroncos23


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 337
Location: QC Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: RB questions?? Reply with quote

With Moreno leaving and it not looking like we are going to sign a RB via FA what are everyone's feelings going into this season at the RB position? Are we just going to hand the starting job to Ball now? Are we gonna draft a RB high like we have the last two years to compete? Will we go a head and sign a veteran RB after the draft? I just feel like with all of our FA signings we haven't really discussed what the plan is at RB. We need to be able to run the clock out in the 4th quarter. I know Ball showed some flashed last year but it just seems a little soon to hand the starting job over to him. Thoughts?
_________________

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7411
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect Montee Ball to take over the majority of the snaps at RB. IMO, at least as a runner it's a big upgrade over Knowshon Moreno.

Moreno's greatest asset to the team was in the passing game, where Manning trusted him and he did a good job in protection and as a receiver out of the backfield. Personally, i think CJ Anderson could step up and fill those role quite well. And who knows, maybe Ronnie Hillman finally steps up and gives Denver the speed out of the backfield that i think they were looking for in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
denverbroncos23


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 337
Location: QC Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Yes.

Great idea man thanks for the input!!!
_________________

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
denverbroncos23


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 337
Location: QC Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I fully expect Montee Ball to take over the majority of the snaps at RB. IMO, at least as a runner it's a big upgrade over Knowshon Moreno.

Moreno's greatest asset to the team was in the passing game, where Manning trusted him and he did a good job in protection and as a receiver out of the backfield. Personally, i think CJ Anderson could step up and fill those role quite well. And who knows, maybe Ronnie Hillman finally steps up and gives Denver the speed out of the backfield that i think they were looking for in him.

Do you see us drafting a RB at all then? I really like Mason a lot! I just don't know where he will fall to.
_________________

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ThePrimeTime12


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 3800
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball is unquestionably going to be the starter as of now. Denver drafts a RB somewhere between the 3-6 round but it will mostly depend on BPA. If the BPA is a RB in the 1st round then he could start over Ball.

I think Hillman will be cut by the end of training camp and CJ Anderson will beat him out for the spot regardless if we draft a RB.
_________________


^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1478
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see us drafting a RB. The position is so devalued that we can sign a few UDFA guys that in past years may have been mid round picks.

Ball will be the main guy. After him, I really do think CJ Anderson can be a good rotational guy. Hillman is a wildcard. No idea what to make of him. Could be a great COP back, could be cut in TC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7411
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Broncos would benefit from re-signing Moreno.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
denverbroncos23


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 337
Location: QC Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
Ball is unquestionably going to be the starter as of now. Denver drafts a RB somewhere between the 3-6 round but it will mostly depend on BPA. If the BPA is a RB in the 1st round then he could start over Ball.

I think Hillman will be cut by the end of training camp and CJ Anderson will beat him out for the spot regardless if we draft a RB.

Yeah I haven't been paying as much attention to mock drafts and player rankings as I normally do but I have a feeling that if we truly go BPA that either in the first or second round we are going to draft a RB. I just feel like we aren't going to be balanced enough if we don't add a RB some way whether the draft or FA. If Ball gets hurt were down to CJ and Hillman lol.
_________________

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ThePrimeTime12


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 3800
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
Ball is unquestionably going to be the starter as of now. Denver drafts a RB somewhere between the 3-6 round but it will mostly depend on BPA. If the BPA is a RB in the 1st round then he could start over Ball.

I think Hillman will be cut by the end of training camp and CJ Anderson will beat him out for the spot regardless if we draft a RB.

Yeah I haven't been paying as much attention to mock drafts and player rankings as I normally do but I have a feeling that if we truly go BPA that either in the first or second round we are going to draft a RB. I just feel like we aren't going to be balanced enough if we don't add a RB some way whether the draft or FA. If Ball gets hurt were down to CJ and Hillman lol.

CJ showed some impressive ability during his short stint but it was clear he was too behind in the playbook to actually play. CJ and Hillman will be a battle but I think CJ will win it cause Hillman has been here since 2012 and has still glaring weaknesses. CJ's only weakness I see at the moment is his lack of understanding of the playbook but that is mostly because of his injury in preseason last season and being on the inactive list for most of the season.
_________________


^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 9136
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should never draft a RB, they just aren't worth a precious draft pick.


Although I would say bring like 4-5 UDFA's in and see who sticks.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if we drafted a RB this year honestly. 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder in the last two years. We bring in a vet if anything.

I'm personally comfortable with the current three.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
denverbroncos23


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 337
Location: QC Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I'd be shocked if we drafted a RB this year honestly. 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder in the last two years. We bring in a vet if anything.

I'm personally comfortable with the current three.

I sound like a broken record but if Ball gets hurt you really think we can win a championship with CJ and Hillman? One way or another we need to add another RB or I 100% feel that we will regret it later on this season. We need to be able to run the ball it's very important in this offense, and I just don't trust CJ and Hillman yet.
_________________

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I'd be shocked if we drafted a RB this year honestly. 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder in the last two years. We bring in a vet if anything.

I'm personally comfortable with the current three.

I sound like a broken record but if Ball gets hurt you really think we can win a championship with CJ and Hillman? One way or another we need to add another RB or I 100% feel that we will regret it later on this season. We need to be able to run the ball it's very important in this offense, and I just don't trust CJ and Hillman yet.


We aren't going to carry 4 backs. Most teams would be in trouble if their starter got hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if a veteran makes the team over Anderson as more insurance for injuries, but I think they really like him/have faith in him.

There is zero doubt in my mind that Ball and Hillman will be the top two backs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoBruin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 11522
Location: Santa Clarita, CA, USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get MJD for dirt cheap, pull the trigger. He'd be a great third down back and is an all around upgrade over Moreno. And the younger Ball could get the bulk of the carries. With limited carries, MJD will be extremely effective IMO. And in the playoffs, we'd have two RBs who could potentially carry us if Manning hits that wall.
_________________
jsthomp2007 wrote:
We have to keep in mind that Rob Bironas is dead, but might be an upgrade over McMannus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group