Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Love's Mock Draft 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Love's Mock Draft 1.0 Reply with quote

Rd 1: Calvin Pryor, FS/SS Louisville-
I was a little torn here and I am still not 100% but with everything I have been hearing Pryor could slide over to SS and he could pair with Mathieu for years to come. I like him because he can play in the box, likes to hit, and he can cover a TE, imagine having a SS who can cover a TE.

Rd 2: Dominique Easley, DT Florida
Easley could have easily, haha, been a 1st round pick however injury has caused him to drop, like Carradine last year. Let him recover/rotate behind Dockett and Campbell this year and get bigger. I think he can contribute this year and then be starting going forward.

Rd 3: Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska
He is 6'3"......... Stanley may not be ready now,but he can learn behind PP, Cromatrie, and Powers. You can never have too many CBs and he is 6'3".

Rd 4: Zach Mettenberger, QB LSU
Palmer is the QB for 2014, but are Stanton and Lindley the QB for 2015? Let him recover and learn, he may turn into the QB going forward. Best part if he is we are paying him next to nothing like Wilson and Kapernick.

Rd 5: Crockett Gillmore, TE Colorado State
He has a lot of tools, compared to Jeff King. Good size, a good blocker, and not a bad pass catcher. Slides in well with a 2/3TE set.

Rd 6: Michael Sam, DE Missouri
Not sure here but I think the kid could bloom into a good NFL player, he seems to have the character for it and drive. Whether he is a distraction or not, I think the Cards could handle it, we did have Kerry Rhodes after all.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Can Pryor play SS? I don't know much about him but everything I have read has been FS only.

2. We haven't signed Cromartie, I wouldn't make a mock with him in th plans

3. Hate the 4th round pick, that's gross,..you are better than that man!

4. Never heard of the 6th round pick, i'll have to give him a quick Google search

sig made by mike23md
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
1. Can Pryor play SS? I don't know much about him but everything I have read has been FS only.

4. Never heard of the 6th round pick, i'll have to give him a quick Google search

SS is Pryor's ideal position.

I really like the first 3 picks. Think we might need to add a passrusher a bit earlier in the draft. Not a big fan of Sam especially with all the media attention he is going to bring with him.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a big hitter, who takes bad angles...and has dreadlocks. He is not a Merriwheather clone is he?

Actually, I like his game based on the videos I watched. But, he is a head hunter and that will be a killer at the next level.

sig made by mike23md
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:

Hah - this is perhaps the most talked about person in the whole draft Smile . Granted it's not because of on the field talent...
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My non Cromartie draft might look the same, or I really like the idea of taking Darqueze Dennard or Justin Gilbert at #20 if there.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Not a real big fan of Pryor but I could live with it

2. Easily is another decent pick, no complaints

3. Love love love love love love love

4. NO

5. Meh, he's pretty good

6. Outstanding pick if he were there and we want to weather the media circus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
My non Cromartie draft might look the same, or I really like the idea of taking Darqueze Dennard or Justin Gilbert at #20 if there.

Yeah if we don't sign Cromartie I think we would be all over either of those two. Wouldn't rule out Verrett or Fuller either. Though I have not watched much of Fuller.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like/love first 3 picks

Massive Easley fan

No to Zach, No to Zach, i am starting the bandwagon.

Like Sam in the 6th, risk/reward type pick
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
No to Zach, No to Zach, i am starting the bandwagon.

Starting? I've been driving that thing for the past 4 months

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my opinion:

1st: Calvin Pryor - I like him, however I think that he is a little over-rated due to the fact that his is known for his big hits and aggressiveness, you have to realize that his ability could turn into a lot of penalties... he still has amazing potential though. Pryor's size, speed, and sure tackling leads to a nice combo that can fit with our defense (he is also very good on run-defense).

2nd: Dominique Easley - like the player, but for us I think he would have to convert to DE because DT is a lesser need for us, especially because we re-signed Frostee Rucker, however he can still add quality depth either way and can turn into a star player of the future.

3rd: Stanley Jean-Baptiste - I love him for his physical tools, however i'm not sure about anything else about him, his play is good but its not refined and he has not shown to be a 100% cover corner and he is also a bit slow, to me I think that he is a bit over-rated because of his size. I have Phillip Gaines here in my draft, which also happens to be a CB, personally I think that Gaines has better potential.

4th: Zach Mettenberger - I know im kinda a hypocrite because I had Mett in my first draft too, but honestly I have to say that there is better talent around, people here have been talking about Aaron Murray and Tajh Boyd, both of which I think are small but have more refined and versatile gameplay than Mett.

5th round: Crockett Gillmore - to me he is a good versatile weapon, a reliable blocker, sure catcher, and a possible playmaker, he resembles (like you said) Jim Dray, and honestly if we make better use of our TE's then last year then he could definitely be a weapon.

6th round: Michael Sam - I like him but im not sure that he will fall to us t this point, either way he is a quality player, and as long as our players don't create Jonathan Martian 2.0 he can succeed in our scheme.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Love's Mock Draft 1.0 Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
Rd 1: Calvin Pryor, FS/SS Louisville

I don't like this pick. Pryor has some nice qualities but his tape says round 3 pick. All of his big hits don't make up for all the missed tackles and poor angles. Reminds me of DJ Swearinger from last year. He could turn out to be a nice player and long term start but he's not round 1 material. That being said, safety is by far the toughest position to evaluate in my opinion.

Quote:
Rd 2: Dominique Easley, DT Florida

Solid pick. Maybe a round too soon because of the risk but I wouldn't mind.

Quote:
Rd 3: Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska

Solid pick but don't expect him to contribute year 1.

Quote:
Rd 4: Zach Mettenberger, QB LSU

This is a good pick. Talent and play style similar to other QBs picked up in this area (Nick Foles and Mike Glennon).

Quote:
Rd 5: Crockett Gillmore, TE Colorado State

Not sure he'll be able to beat out the TEs on the roster but good value.

Quote:
Rd 6: Michael Sam, DE Missouri

Good value. Not a great fit in a 3-4 at all so I wouldn't pick him any sooner than this.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Love, long time no talk. Hope you and the fam have been great. You hitting TC this year? I think my crew is gonna try it again, if you go we'll have to hook up down there.

As for the mock, it's not too bad. Pryor's really an enigma to me. Lots of raw, physical talent. Despite the lackluster 40 he's got a ton of speed and athleticism when the pads are on and he really does fly to the ball which excited the guys who coached him but the tackling angles and the wrap up ability leave a lot to be desired. When you put the tape on, you see more plays get away from him then he makes which is obviously a big concern for a top 20 pick. Our coaching staff is extremely hands on, they refer to themselves not as coaches but as teachers and with a staff like that a guy like Pryor could pan out and then some but as it stands now I'd be a little worried taking a guy like him this high. That might just be me but that's what I see.

Easley is phenomenal. He's a top 15 pick based on tape alone. He'd be the steal of the draft at our spot in round 2, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Easley is phenomenal. He's a top 15 pick based on tape alone. He'd be the steal of the draft at our spot in round 2, IMO.

Agreed on Pryor.

Easley has had 2 ACL tears. He could possibly slide to the 3rd round IMO.

The 3-4 DE class is not too great this year and we need a replacement plan for Dockett. Any one in particular you like in the mid-rounds besides Easley?
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Agreed on Pryor.

Easley has had 2 ACL tears. He could possibly slide to the 3rd round IMO.

The 3-4 DE class is not too great this year and we need a replacement plan for Dockett. Any one in particular you like in the mid-rounds besides Easley?

Hey Apollo, long time no talk to you too. How's life been treating ya?

Ya, the injuries are obviously the concern. Practically impossible for guys like us to say how or if that will affect him going forward but going from the tape he's put out there in the past....man, it's hard not to be impressed. He's a high upside, high risk type of guy. Be interesting to see how it all shakes out for him.

There is a guy I like who's projected on day 3, Plucky nagged me on twitter about him and after watching the tape he's pretty solid. Have to give me a minute on the name, I can't quite remember off the top of my head.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: