Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Move Misi to MLB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Dion Jordan be more suited to a hybrid WOLB / DE role? Yes, he covered TEs a few times last season but is that where we want to stick him primarily?
Man we just gotta come to grips with Deion hunting QBs in the backfield, end of story.

I agree, and if we ran 3-4 looks with him as a WOLB that's what he would be doing (one would hope). He can play DE in the 4-3. Someone of his skillset you would like to be seen utilized correctly. I still have very high hopes for him, but I don't want him shoved in a box on defense, hopefully Coyle let's him out more this season.

Man I watched every single Deff lineup specifically looking for him.
And I've come to the conclusion that either he wasn't 100% healthy & still learning to stop the run.
But what I saw in very limited doses with my own 2 eye's defies logic. I believe (if he stays healthy) he may even be more talented of a pass rusher than the great one #99.

The kid was making vet OTs look like they were playing up to their kneecaps in mud. He is an absolute FREAK !

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Dion Jordan be more suited to a hybrid WOLB / DE role? Yes, he covered TEs a few times last season but is that where we want to stick him primarily?
Man we just gotta come to grips with Deion hunting QBs in the backfield, end of story.

I agree, and if we ran 3-4 looks with him as a WOLB that's what he would be doing (one would hope). He can play DE in the 4-3. Someone of his skillset you would like to be seen utilized correctly. I still have very high hopes for him, but I don't want him shoved in a box on defense, hopefully Coyle let's him out more this season.

And I've come to the conclusion that either he wasn't 100% healthy & still learning to stop the run.
But what I saw in very limited doses with my own 2 eye's defies logic. I believe (if he stays healthy) he may even be more talented of a pass rusher than the great one #99.

The kid was making vet OTs look like they were playing up to their kneecaps in mud. He is an absolute FREAK !

sug

Its early but we will see. I do not like his manerisms though. He does not seem to have any passion.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
SUG wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

sug

Its early but we will see. I do not like his manerisms though. He does not seem to have any passion.

I agree he does have a certain "tranquil, inner peace" about his demeanor but ... the guy just gets to the football & applies preasure to the pocket.

I've seen pass rushers excel in their first year before but it's usually just that, the league learning how to deal with either the speed or the brute bull rush. Rarely is it a 6' 6" - 265 pd - 4.6 /40 guy with hair trigger reflexes coming off the snap who is clearly using his footwork & hands to set up vet OTs.

And back on point: Misi needs to be left alone where he has excelled as a 4/3 OLB & the best we have on the roster.
I wish we could addresss pecific issues rather than create more instability like Sporano did moving players around.
The real issue & weak link here is P. Wheeler as a rotational playerand I'm confident our LBs coach has been put "on notice".

sug

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

Brings back memories of JT nabbing balls and scoring TDs.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has leaked to the Miami Herald that Misi has been advised that he may be moved the ILB. Basically he was told that unless the phins can land an acorn in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds, Misi will be moving to MLB, and Ellerbe to WLB. I'm guessing Jenkins to SLB.

So we can draw the following conclusions.
1. Philbin and Hickey both agree that Wheeler sucks.
2. LB isn't going to be a priority in the draft, but if a player the phins like falls in there lap in the middle rounds they are going to take him.
3. The phins are commited at this point to Misi and Ellerbe.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Someone has leaked to the Miami Herald that Misi has been advised that he may be moved the ILB. Basically he was told that unless the phins can land an acorn in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds, Misi will be moving to MLB, and Ellerbe to WLB. I'm guessing Jenkins to SLB.

2. LB isn't going to be a priority in the draft, but if a player the phins like falls in there lap in the middle rounds they are going to take him.

I agree with what you said. While I think we all agree Wheeler was a colossal bust, I would point out to everyone that he did have success at putting pressure on the QB. Clearly his sack numbers don't reflect that, but while he didn't put the QB on the ground, he did apply pressure at a fairly high rate when called upon. In fact, I believe he was one of the best at his position for getting pressure on. Now, I am all for dumping Wheeler when it makes fiscal sense, but we have a crappy contract, that makes it a near certainty that he will be retained. I say, play Wheeler in obvious passing situations and keep him as a back up to push Jenkins.
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

I agree with what you said. While I think we all agree Wheeler was a colossal bust, I would point out to everyone that he did have success at putting pressure on the QB. Clearly his sack numbers don't reflect that, but while he didn't put the QB on the ground, he did apply pressure at a fairly high rate when called upon. In fact, I believe he was one of the best at his position for getting pressure on. Now, I am all for dumping Wheeler when it makes fiscal sense, but we have a crappy contract, that makes it a near certainty that he will be retained. I say, play Wheeler in obvious passing situations and keep him as a back up to push Jenkins.

I agree, you guys are all over it.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: