Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remaining Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seriously27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Remaining Needs Reply with quote

What does everyone think our remaining needs are?

I have them in this order.

FS starter (high priority)
Center starter (medium to high priority)
Guard starter (Medium to high priority)

Linebacker depth (Medium)
Cornerback depth (Medium)
Safety depth (Medium)
Backup qb? Harnish? (Low)

In my opinion Safety is our biggest need area with Bethea going to San Fran and Landry still having injury concerns. And unless one of last years draft picks is ready to take the two open Offensive line spots we need two starters there as well. ( I am going by my assumption that Costa is not going to be our starter...hopefully)

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree FS is #1 and high priority
C is #2 with medium/slightly high priority.
NT and G are tied for third with medium priority based on getting a veteran to push Chapman and Thornton as starters.
I agree with the rest if your list except backup QB. Unless your expecting Hasselbeck to be released, there is really no need to worry about it.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I agree FS is #1 and high priority
C is #2 with medium/slightly high priority.
NT and G are tied for third with medium priority based on getting a veteran to push Chapman and Thornton as starters.
I agree with the rest if your list except backup QB. Unless your expecting Hasselbeck to be released, there is really no need to worry about it.

FS definitely#1

followed by

C

probably yeah, G, NT are next

Wouldnt be surprised if we end up bringing Franklin back? couple other options out there still so we never know

I think he was referring to future back up QB

Hasselbeck isnt going anywhere this year.

Also I think the Colts are just holding their cards at the moment, waiting for Cleveland to spend some more money. I dont think we are out of Mack running at all...$17.5m ish left, no way we are standing pat with that amount.
Phobixx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if i saw anything in Franklin to bring him back he was just a guy to me.

i think you can get a NT like him on the waiver wire these days.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are a couple good safety prospects but not sure if they'll last to our second round pick. It would have been nice to grab the Louisville safety.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I where the team I'd look at trading up to get a free safety. Also wouldn't mind another receiver to groom as Wayne's replacement.
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
I think there are a couple good safety prospects but not sure if they'll last to our second round pick. It would have been nice to grab the Louisville safety.

Ya i'd love for Pryor to drop, but rumors are most teams rate him higher that Clinton-Dix. Gonna be tough, but remember, we got Bethea in the 6th round and he started from Day 1. Not saying we should bank on that, but even if we don't get a top-tier guy, we might get lucky.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
If I where the team I'd look at trading up to get a free safety. Also wouldn't mind another receiver to groom as Wayne's replacement.

But where would we trade up though. All the good safety prospects are supposed to go late first, early second. We're already short a first rounder, I don't think we can afford to trade up early. While we found Bethea in the very late rounds, I don't think we can bank on that happening and hopefully we can grab a good guy in the second/third. I think the guy from Stanford or Dion Bailey could be good around there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
tom cody wrote:

But where would we trade up though. All the good safety prospects are supposed to go late first, early second. We're already short a first rounder, I don't think we can afford to trade up early. While we found Bethea in the very late rounds, I don't think we can bank on that happening and hopefully we can grab a good guy in the second/third. I think the guy from Stanford or Dion Bailey could be good around there.

I am all for drafting a safety with our first pick in the draft, although I think we still need to bring someone in to at least challenge for the spot and to have depth at the position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: