Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 Rounds Mock Draft / March 16th Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From their inactivity in free agency, I see the Chiefs to be in building mode. Look to the lines in round 1. WR is something that can be addressed later.

J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Kyle Van Noy fit a Jim Schwartz system ? I'd much rather add Jace Amaro in the 2nd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
Im fine with Steelers first pick...but there is no way we pass on Jace in the second.
i thought with Sanders gone than you need more a wideout than a TE with Heath Miller still producing but okay, thanks for feedback.

Yeah..we are looking for a Two TE set up because Miller is producing but not much..and Sanders is gone because he didn't do anything...we need a compliment to brown..not a clone..we need more big targets ..not small..we have plenty of small targets..brown and wheaton.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zack martin and scott crichton to dallas please Wink
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good for the Chargers. If/when people start actually tying in schemes (beyond just "3-4" and "4-3" which are formations, not schemes), Verrett is the single-best CB fit for the Chargers in this draft based off necessary tools to succeed in the system.

One thing that did stand out like a sore thumb to me though. I realize that Arizona is a value-drafting team (Steve Keim is pretty staunch BPA), but they seem to also factor need in there at least slightly. And NT is practically the last place I'd expect them to have a need right now. Dan Williams has been very productive and they brought in Alameda Ta'amu after the Steelers cut him and he actually managed to push his way into the rotation and took snaps off Williams. As is, for a guy who doesn't have elite upside at the position (Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton actually offered much more pass-rushing potential as prospects than Nix does), it's difficult justifying a 2-down player in the 1st round - let alone a 2-down guy who will play primarily in a staunch rotation. It's the exact reason I'm having trouble seeing Nix as a pure "value" pick for San Diego if he were to fall to us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome picks for Dallas

Peace
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
First round selection of Mack is perfect for Atlanta, the second round however, not so much. Instead of a TE, in this scenario give us OT Antonio Richardson or FS Lamarcus Joyner
I didn't give you a TE (because of Tony G retiring), i went BPA and think it is ASJ but okay..You need a FS but Joyner a bit undersized, do you think he could be similar to T.Mathieu ?

We currently do not have a starting FS on the roster. Joyner has the range to play center-fielder for us, and is versitile enough to drop down in the box and support the run. In Nolan's scheme, it has been known that his safteties are interchangeable. In this scenario Jimmie Ward (who I would prefer) is off the board, so we take Joyner who is the next-best option imo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
From their inactivity in free agency, I see the Chiefs to be in building mode. Look to the lines in round 1. WR is something that can be addressed later.

J
Interesting. Walker replaced Jackson and Linkenbach replaced Asamoah, with Fisher replacing Albert on the left and Stephenson on the right, i think no huge need about the lines but okay..thanks for feedback.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Does Kyle Van Noy fit a Jim Schwartz system ? I'd much rather add Jace Amaro in the 2nd
Forget about that pick i completely missed on that one, with Alonso/Spikes/Rivers/Lawson you're set at LB, at least in early rounds.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
Im fine with Steelers first pick...but there is no way we pass on Jace in the second.
i thought with Sanders gone than you need more a wideout than a TE with Heath Miller still producing but okay, thanks for feedback.

Yeah..we are looking for a Two TE set up because Miller is producing but not much..and Sanders is gone because he didn't do anything...we need a compliment to brown..not a clone..we need more big targets ..not small..we have plenty of small targets..brown and wheaton.
Okay
zappa13004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Looks good for the Chargers. If/when people start actually tying in schemes (beyond just "3-4" and "4-3" which are formations, not schemes), Verrett is the single-best CB fit for the Chargers in this draft based off necessary tools to succeed in the system.

One thing that did stand out like a sore thumb to me though. I realize that Arizona is a value-drafting team (Steve Keim is pretty staunch BPA), but they seem to also factor need in there at least slightly. And NT is practically the last place I'd expect them to have a need right now. Dan Williams has been very productive and they brought in Alameda Ta'amu after the Steelers cut him and he actually managed to push his way into the rotation and took snaps off Williams. As is, for a guy who doesn't have elite upside at the position (Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton actually offered much more pass-rushing potential as prospects than Nix does), it's difficult justifying a 2-down player in the 1st round - let alone a 2-down guy who will play primarily in a staunch rotation. It's the exact reason I'm having trouble seeing Nix as a pure "value" pick for San Diego if he were to fall to us.
By definition nose tackle are two downs guys but very important in a 34, didn't think Taamu and Dan Williams are good enough to pass on Nix but okay with your quote..thanks for feedback.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
Awesome picks for Dallas

Peace
thanks for feedback.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
First round selection of Mack is perfect for Atlanta, the second round however, not so much. Instead of a TE, in this scenario give us OT Antonio Richardson or FS Lamarcus Joyner
I didn't give you a TE (because of Tony G retiring), i went BPA and think it is ASJ but okay..You need a FS but Joyner a bit undersized, do you think he could be similar to T.Mathieu ?

We currently do not have a starting FS on the roster. Joyner has the range to play center-fielder for us, and is versitile enough to drop down in the box and support the run. In Nolan's scheme, it has been known that his safteties are interchangeable. In this scenario Jimmie Ward (who I would prefer) is off the board, so we take Joyner who is the next-best option imo.
Not sold on Joyner, i thought guys like T.Brooks or E.Reynolds have more value in the 3rd but okay...
ZeriousSam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Denver goes Mosley instead Sua-Filo then Joel Bitonio Corner round three WR round four 5 the RB 6th and 7th Oline depth at tackle and TE if we cut Dreesen or Tamme

If Mosley falls that far I would be amazed.
Duff34man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel is a horrible fit for the vikes with Turner. Turner will want a pocket guy not an undisaplined and undersized run around like a chicken with his head cut off until something good happens Manziel. Evans made JF look good so many times and NFL defenses will run him down. JF will fumble a lot with his poor ball control and will get hurt very quickly. Watch him bonce off of poor tackling in college and know that in the NFL he will be a rage doll.

Better options with no Bortels, Bridgewater, Mack, or Evans.
1. Trade down
2. Mosley
3. Gilbert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: