Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lewan, Evans, or Ebron?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Lewan, Evans, or Ebron? Reply with quote

That's my top choices, in order, far as who's likely to be there at #9, that I'd want as our 1st-rounder.
Picture Jake Matthews, Sammy Watkins, and Khalil Mack as being GONE. Out of the three choices I've offered, who's the best pick?
HARD to turn down Evans, but I'd have to go with Lewan, to play RT for us. Should be a solid run-blocker, and an effective pass-protector on the strong side. Should be able to play LT, in case of a Glenn injury, as well. There's PLENTY of weapons to be had in this draft, but Lewan is one of the three ELITE offensive tackles.
Of course, if we get EITHER of the two, I'm pretty happy. Ebron is an option if we get a sweet trade-down offer, IMHO.
Your take?

Last edited by Suffering_Bills on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Lewan as my top choice as well. He and Glenn could be our version of Roos and Stewart for the Titans a few years ago. I could see them as a dominant pair of bookend Tackles for years to come.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
I've got Lewan as my top choice as well. He and Glenn could be our version of Roos and Stewart for the Titans a few years ago. I could see them as a dominant pair of bookend Tackles for years to come.

Amen to that concept. Very Happy
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping one of the big 3 OT's fall but Mike Evans is a awesome prospect. I wouldn't be pissed if we took Ebron but he is more of a worst case scenario right now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be thrilled with any of these three.

I really, really want Mike Evans. I think he is a potential top 5 WR in this league someday.

Lewan is everything Buffalo. Hard working, lunch pale grinder. Would fit in nicely.

Ebron has the potential to be the next V. Davis and I think he'll be a very, very good TE. I'd also be good with either Amaro or Jenkins at 41 though.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I would be thrilled with any of these three.

I really, really want Mike Evans. I think he is a potential top 5 WR in this league someday.

Lewan is everything Buffalo. Hard working, lunch pale grinder. Would fit in nicely.

Ebron has the potential to be the next V. Davis and I think he'll be a very, very good TE. I'd also be good with either Amaro or Jenkins at 41 though.

Lewan at #9 and Sefarian-Jenkins at #41 would work fine for me. Wink
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My board is this:

1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Mike Evans
3. Greg Robinson
4. Jake Matthews
5. Taylor Lewan
6. Sammy Watkins

The big problem is: the whole "QBs flying off the board" notion is slowly fading.. Now it is looking like only 1 maybe 2 (and not 3 or 4) QBs will go top 10.. Meaning that another position player will be off the board instead of a QB..

I see Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, and Watkins likely being gone..

That leaves Evans and Lewan as the likely picks, with Ebron, Mosely, and Clinton-Dix as other need positions..

We will see what happens- but I am REALLY hoping to get that big target in Evans..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each option has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Evans looks like he could be an absolute stud and would me a much needed red zone threat and would add another weapon to the offense. The disadvantage is there are a lot of depth at that position in the draft.

Ebron could be a Jimmy Graham type player for us and is a mismatch that teams would have to account for. There are other options at TE and it isn't exactly a need now that we have Chandler back. First round TE's seem to be hit and miss as well.

Lewan would really add something to our line and could possibly help Spiller get going again. He would also keep EJ upright a hell lot more than Pears would. Taking at RT at 9 is not something I am a huge fan of though.

I'd personally go Evans or Ebron but Lewan would make a lot of sense. Is RT deep in the draft?

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
My board is this:

1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Mike Evans
3. Greg Robinson
4. Jake Matthews
5. Taylor Lewan
6. Sammy Watkins

The big problem is: the whole "QBs flying off the board" notion is slowly fading.. Now it is looking like only 1 maybe 2 (and not 3 or 4) QBs will go top 10.. Meaning that another position player will be off the board instead of a QB..

That leaves Evans and Lewan as the likely picks, with Ebron, Mosely, and Clinton-Dix as other need positions..

We will see what happens- but I am REALLY hoping to get that big target in Evans..

He'd be a GREAT pick. You see, of course, the logic in Lewan, as well, though, right?
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:

Evans looks like he could be an absolute stud and would me a much needed red zone threat and would add another weapon to the offense. The disadvantage is there are a lot of depth at that position in the draft.

Ebron could be a Jimmy Graham type player for us and is a mismatch that teams would have to account for. There are other options at TE and it isn't exactly a need now that we have Chandler back. First round TE's seem to be hit and miss as well.

Lewan would really add something to our line and could possibly help Spiller get going again. He would also keep EJ upright a hell lot more than Pears would. Taking at RT at 9 is not something I am a huge fan of though.

I'd personally go Evans or Ebron but Lewan would make a lot of sense. Is RT deep in the draft?

As it stands currently, there's a pretty significant drop-off at offensive tackle after the top 3, regardless of right or left side.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

As it stands currently, there's a pretty significant drop-off at offensive tackle after the top 3, regardless of right or left side.

I'm not sure where most "experts" have him, but I could see Morgan Moses being there for us at 41. If so and we drafted either Ebron or Evans at 9 we'd be in great shape.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
My board is this:

1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Mike Evans
3. Greg Robinson
4. Jake Matthews
5. Taylor Lewan
6. Sammy Watkins

He'd be a GREAT pick. You see, of course, the logic in Lewan, as well, though, right?

Well yeah, I put him #5 overall on my wish list and #2 among players I expect to be available.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that before us goes

2 QB's
Khalil Mack
Jadaveon Clowney

My big board is

WR Sammy Watkins
OT Jake Matthews
OT Greg Robinson
WR Mike Evans

if all those guys are gone, I hope we trade back, not really impressed with what I have seen from Ebron. Lewan I think can be had 5 or more picks after us, he reminds me a lot of Bryan Bulaga in terms of talent coming out in the draft.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 3 for playmakers on offense are

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Mike Evans

3. Eric Ebron

I'm not a huge fan of Ebron, I like Mathews and Robinson at OT, not sold on Lewan being a top 10 pick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on board with any 3 but do hope we can get 1 of the 3 elite OT first before the recievers. With a weapon like Spiller we need the best OL we can get. Helping EJ is very important aswell. With robinson, CJ would be a 1500 yrd back yearly. Im sick of whining about the OL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: