Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.

The New York Yankees GM and Boston Red Sox GM once got drunk together and agreed to trade Joe DiMaggio for Ted Williams. It was written on a napkin and signed by both. The thought was DiMaggio's righty bat would excel in Fenway, while Williams lefty bat would flourish in Yankee Stadium.

The point of my story... nothing official was signed, so who cares.

The whole league cares. Verbal agreements are how EVERY team reaches a deal. Including the broncos. This agent messed up big time. I don't get how you can say who cares.....I have to shake my head at several people who have said things like "chiefs didn't get the deal done" they did exactly what they were supposed to do. They did it the same way every other nfl team does it. So EVERYBODY should care. that is why the NFL is crying foul. because this could have happened to any team with this idiot agent. That being said it is not the broncos fault at all. but the chiefs did everything the right way and got screwed.

According to E. Sanders...

Quote:
At his introductory press conference after signing with the Broncos, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders denied that he or his agent had previously agreed to a deal with the Chiefs.

“That entire situation is a business ordeal that some people will turn into a personal matter,” Sanders said, in comments distributed by the Broncos. “Situations like that happen all the time over the National Football League. There was no handshake. There was no kind of agreement in terms of–we were close to a deal, but it wasn’t anything official just yet. In terms of shopping around, we didn’t shop around. Teams were still calling. Teams were still trying to get involved. That’s what happened. Steve Weinberg, he did an exceptional job in terms of the whole free-agency process. At times, I was like, ‘Steve, what is going on? Am I flying East Coast or West Coast?’ But I believe in him. Everything that he said was going to happen, happened. I ended up at the place that I needed to be. I’m excited and he’s excited also.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/16/emmanuel-sanders-there-was-no-kind-of-agreement/

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanders may or may not have known, but his agent did agree on a deal with KC. multiple GMS have confirmed this.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Sanders may or may not have known, but his agent did agree on a deal with KC. multiple GMS have confirmed this.

Be gone please

Nothing else can be done. He is a bronco which he wanted to be all along

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best

Last edited by KingBishop on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:

Can you provide a link?
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
I think it's a lock that the pick will be an inside linebacker or guard in the first round.

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Yeah because that's Elway's style, hone-in on a certain position and draft it, regardless of where that player falls on the board.

Seriously why is the concept of "best player available" so difficult for some people to grasp?

Calm down pal. Just offering my opinion. Two positions of need that haven't been addressed.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:

Yea, so what? Verbal agreements mean nothing. Ask those colleges that get spurned by recruits every year...Nothing matters until you sign on the line.

Last edited by KC_Broncos_Fan on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

paul-mac wrote:
Nothing against Sanders, but didn't Decker only get 7m per annum? Maybe we should have just paid that

No way. Sanders isn't going to embarrass the franchise or its fan base with a sappy reality show.

Not sure if serious, but +1 IMO. For the past couple seasons, Decker seemed way too interested in all that other crap, vs football. 18 wide open drops in the last two years says it all. I'm really not all that upset that he's gone.

Yea his 20 something touchdowns (what's that top 10 in the league... beg to differ)

Clownish comments.

Super clownish.

I'm pretty pumped on this signing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:

HERE! Here is the Broncos' 2nd round draft pick to the Chiefs. I will shake on it! (if you could see me I just shook my whole body...sexy!)
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I love how easy it is to gaslight some of y'all about Eric Decker. Laughing

Clownish reactions.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

HERE! Here is the Broncos' 2nd round draft pick to the Chiefs. I will shake on it! (if you could see me I just shook my whole body...sexy!)

Hahaha hope this shuts this big baby up for a long time

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:

Yet the Broncos are at fault, how?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Clownish reactions.

Seeing you post the same clownish comment 20+ times will lead to that

Decker added way more Broncos fans than he lost, as unfortunate as you probably feel that truth is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Clownish reactions.

Decker added way more Broncos fans than he lost, as unfortunate as you probably feel that truth is.

And dropped the ball many times in the process, pun intended.

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsandBroncos wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Clownish reactions.

And dropped the ball many times in the process, pun intended.

Also 172 catches, 2352 yards, 24 TD's in the past two years.

Probably should have had 200 catches and 30 TD's but that reality show was distracting him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker was productive and a joy to watch at times. But he's also extremely replaceable and was never worth re-signing.

Still, I don't get the hate. I never have. Dude is a red zone machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: