Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should probably draft this guy JIC

http://fansided.com/2013/12/26/2014-nfl-draft-fresno-state-wide-receiver-davante-adams-nfl/#!z1WyD
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I still think wr is a need pretty high up there. Sanders can play slot outside also so I like it. I just highly doubt welker can stay healthy the whole year.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
copeland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bwall wrote:
Allows us to go elsewhere besides receiver at 31 and 63.

We had that option before we signed Sanders.
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
I think it's a lock that the pick will be an inside linebacker or guard in the first round.

Yeah because that's Elway's style, hone-in on a certain position and draft it, regardless of where that player falls on the board.

Seriously why is the concept of "best player available" so difficult for some people to grasp?

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Before I forget, Chiefs fans should stop feeling bitter and show a bit more respect for Elway's GM track-record. The average Chiefs fan in their forum cannot summon the least bit of objective commentary. First the talk of inevitable Bronco cap-hell, then the remark that Elway would not recruit as well without Manning and now the supposedly shadiness of Elway's handling of the Sanders signing. Midwestern insularity on full display.

The agent no doubt was behaving unethically, but that has nothing to do with Elway. If punishment is going to be meted out by the NFL, it should be to disbar the agent, not void the deal. By all indications Elway, Dorsey and Jason Licht believed the agent was negotiating in good faith. He wasn't and, unfortunately for KC and TB, Sanders ended up in Denver. But none of the bellyaching from around the league, the "unnamed sources" in the Rapport story, are blaming Elway for what happened here.

I think the whining we're hearing from other fan bases is predicated on jealousy. We win the division, then win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl and still end up with $31m in cap space despite having $17.5m tied up in Peyton. We make the biggest splashes in free agency (without mortgaging the future mind you) and improve our team even more by adding 3 All Pros to the defense while Oakland gets humiliated by the Roger Saffold fiasco, KC's best signing was Joe Mays and San Diego lands....no one of significance.

paul-mac wrote:
Nothing against Sanders, but didn't Decker only get 7m per annum? Maybe we should have just paid that

No way. Sanders isn't going to embarrass the franchise or its fan base with a sappy reality show.

maybe a little bit, but it has to do more with the fact that Elway has been trolling KC since the 90s. We had the best teams in the NFL in the mid 90s with Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith but never got the super bowl because of Elway. If that wasn't enough now he is back as a GM doing the same thing the day he signed Peyton. (allowing him to sign every big name free agent) And now this sanders thing is just too much to take for a lot of chiefs fans. Elway is the ultimate chiefs troll. Very Happy

So, in the end, you're just pissed that Elway keeps kicking your [inappropriate/removed]?
In today's world, you should be told to seek counseling. But sense I'm a little old school, I'd tell ya to figure out how to kick his. Then, if ya can't beat em, joint em.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

copeland wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bwall wrote:
Allows us to go elsewhere besides receiver at 31 and 63.

We had that option before we signed Sanders.
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
I think it's a lock that the pick will be an inside linebacker or guard in the first round.

Yeah because that's Elway's style, hone-in on a certain position and draft it, regardless of where that player falls on the board.

Seriously why is the concept of "best player available" so difficult for some people to grasp?

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Before I forget, Chiefs fans should stop feeling bitter and show a bit more respect for Elway's GM track-record. The average Chiefs fan in their forum cannot summon the least bit of objective commentary. First the talk of inevitable Bronco cap-hell, then the remark that Elway would not recruit as well without Manning and now the supposedly shadiness of Elway's handling of the Sanders signing. Midwestern insularity on full display.

The agent no doubt was behaving unethically, but that has nothing to do with Elway. If punishment is going to be meted out by the NFL, it should be to disbar the agent, not void the deal. By all indications Elway, Dorsey and Jason Licht believed the agent was negotiating in good faith. He wasn't and, unfortunately for KC and TB, Sanders ended up in Denver. But none of the bellyaching from around the league, the "unnamed sources" in the Rapport story, are blaming Elway for what happened here.

I think the whining we're hearing from other fan bases is predicated on jealousy. We win the division, then win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl and still end up with $31m in cap space despite having $17.5m tied up in Peyton. We make the biggest splashes in free agency (without mortgaging the future mind you) and improve our team even more by adding 3 All Pros to the defense while Oakland gets humiliated by the Roger Saffold fiasco, KC's best signing was Joe Mays and San Diego lands....no one of significance.

paul-mac wrote:
Nothing against Sanders, but didn't Decker only get 7m per annum? Maybe we should have just paid that

No way. Sanders isn't going to embarrass the franchise or its fan base with a sappy reality show.

maybe a little bit, but it has to do more with the fact that Elway has been trolling KC since the 90s. We had the best teams in the NFL in the mid 90s with Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith but never got the super bowl because of Elway. If that wasn't enough now he is back as a GM doing the same thing the day he signed Peyton. (allowing him to sign every big name free agent) And now this sanders thing is just too much to take for a lot of chiefs fans. Elway is the ultimate chiefs troll. Very Happy

So, in the end, you're just pissed that Elway keeps kicking your [inappropriate/removed]?In today's world, you should be told to seek counseling. But sense I'm a little old school, I'd tell ya to figure out how to kick his. Then, if ya can't beat em, joint em.

Yes. And I have no problem admitting that. Unless you are a chiefs fan you can't understand, but no player has broke a city's collective heart more than john elway did to KC in the 90s. and then after almost 2 decades of dealing with him he comes back as GM right when KC is finally about be a good team again and has peyton manning fall right into his lap. single handedly shifting the balance of power again. Then with his first draft pick he drafts a guy and proclaims him the next Derrick Thomas- (adding insult to injury considering DT is the most revered athlete in KC and is not alive anymore) Now the whole sanders thing (not his fault, but you have to believe it was a bonus for him to steal him away from his biggest division rival) that is why KC fans feel the way they do about him. I will be the first one to admit that resentment. Maybe he will finally get his when 18 hangs them up. Cool
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Neil Smith got a Super Bowl because of Elway? Sorry, Chief fan...thought I would point out one more reason to resent the Broncos.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmanuel Sanders introduction as a Bronco:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Sanders-Couldnt-Be-Happier/91437bb7-369c-4134-ade9-7abd072ab261

By any chance, anyone knows what kind/brand glasses he's wearing? Looking to buy a new pair and like these a lot. Laughing
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I thought Neil Smith got a Super Bowl because of Elway? Sorry, Chief fan...thought I would point out one more reason to resent the Broncos.

and then there is that......rumor has it that there is a chiefs Neil Smith jersey buried under the 50 yard line of invesco.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

and then there is that......rumor has it that there is a chiefs Neil Smith jersey buried under the 50 yard line of invesco.

Impossible, no such a thing as invesco anymore Wink
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super impressed with his interview

"I want the confetti to fall down on me"

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.

The New York Yankees GM and Boston Red Sox GM once got drunk together and agreed to trade Joe DiMaggio for Ted Williams. It was written on a napkin and signed by both. The thought was DiMaggio's righty bat would excel in Fenway, while Williams lefty bat would flourish in Yankee Stadium.

The point of my story... nothing official was signed, so who cares.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders introduction as a Bronco:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Sanders-Couldnt-Be-Happier/91437bb7-369c-4134-ade9-7abd072ab261

By any chance, anyone knows what kind/brand glasses he's wearing? Looking to buy a new pair and like these a lot. Laughing

Brief non-football talk: This horn-rimmed/ solid frame style has been trending for a couple of years now. I have been wearing various models such has his since 2005. I can't make out the brand, but Ray Ban, Persol, or Prada for the medium price-range and Tom Ford or L.A. eyeworks for the high-end range offer lots and lots of these and many more retro style glasses.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

paul-mac wrote:

Not sure if serious, but +1 IMO. For the past couple seasons, Decker seemed way too interested in all that other crap, vs football. 18 wide open drops in the last two years says it all. I'm really not all that upset that he's gone.

Yea his 20 something touchdowns (what's that top 10 in the league... beg to differ)

Clownish comments.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

paul-mac wrote:

Not sure if serious, but +1 IMO. For the past couple seasons, Decker seemed way too interested in all that other crap, vs football. 18 wide open drops in the last two years says it all. I'm really not all that upset that he's gone.

Yea his 20 something touchdowns (what's that top 10 in the league... beg to differ)

Clownish comments.

In the last three years, including the Orton/Tebow year, Decker has the 3rd most receiving touchdowns in the NFL. He also boasts a couple of punt runbacks.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Decker is getting hated on for wanting money and having a reality TV show.

Who cares?

I hate on Decker because of his annoying drops, stumbling on nothing, making bone-headed plays, and so on. Criticize his play on the field, not off it. It is not like his reality TV show was cancerous to the locker room, I doubt anyone other than him gave a damn.

I thought we overpaid Sanders a bit. I was expecting a few million short, like 3 million a year, but whatever. It is a good signing though because we need speed/explosiveness on this team and he surely provides that.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.

The New York Yankees GM and Boston Red Sox GM once got drunk together and agreed to trade Joe DiMaggio for Ted Williams. It was written on a napkin and signed by both. The thought was DiMaggio's righty bat would excel in Fenway, while Williams lefty bat would flourish in Yankee Stadium.

The point of my story... nothing official was signed, so who cares.

The whole league cares. Verbal agreements are how EVERY team reaches a deal. Including the broncos. This agent messed up big time. I don't get how you can say who cares.....I have to shake my head at several people who have said things like "chiefs didn't get the deal done" they did exactly what they were supposed to do. They did it the same way every other nfl team does it. So EVERYBODY should care. that is why the NFL is crying foul. because this could have happened to any team with this idiot agent. That being said it is not the broncos fault at all. but the chiefs did everything the right way and got screwed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: