Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334406/article/emmanuel-sanders-reportedly-agrees-to-join-broncos

Hopefully he won't be too expensive. I am guessing this will be a relatively short contract. Allows us to go elsewhere besides receiver at 31 and 63.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a lock that the pick will be an inside linebacker or guard in the first round.
maverick9305

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope we didn't overpay him but I like the pickup. Sets us up pretty well at WR for the year.

Honestly I'm less concerned about the OLine. I think if we shift around Clark and Franklin we'd be pretty well set barring injuries for the year. I still think LB and CB are things that need to be addressed still before the start of the next season.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring him on and still draft a WR in the first three rounds gives us a five of

Thomas
Welker
Sanders
Caldwell
Rookie

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this signing my top four picks would go like this or vary slightly depending on best player avail........

1st Round:Guard

2nd:Corner

3rd: MLB

4th: Receiver
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We trade out 1st and 4th to move up for Mosley take a G and CB in rounds 2 and 3 use a fifth and a sixth to move up for a WR and use the 7th on whatever position we need depth

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a for sure trade up now. I'll be mad if it's the same money decker got.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.
Rh61791

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.

I guarantee you the agent never told Elway or the Bucs that they had a verbal agreement with the Chiefs. A verbal agreement doesn't mean much anyways. A FA is still available until he has signed a contract. Since he didn't the Broncos did nothing wrong. Move along now troll.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:

It didn't go down exactly the way you claim. While the agent may fall short of ethical norms per contract negotiations- he broke no explicit NFL rule.
The Chiefs can push for new rules regarding negotiations if they feel so aggrieved. Bottom line is your anger should be directed at Sanders's agent not Elway. John, and the Broncos, did nothing wrong. In fact, I believe the Broncos were one of the last teams contacted by the agent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334409/article/executives-crying-foul-over-emmanuel-sanders-deal

Last edited by mke1010 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

It didn't go down exactly the way you claim. While the agent may fall short of ethical norms per contract negotiations- he broke no explicit NFL rule.
The Chiefs can push for new rules regarding negotiations if they feel so aggrieved. Bottom line is your anger should be directed at Sanders's agent not Elway. John, and the Broncos, did nothing wrong. In fact, the Broncos were one of the last teams contacted by the agent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334409/article/executives-crying-foul-over-emmanuel-sanders-deal

but the deal should still be vetoed by goodell.
Rh61791

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

The Chiefs can push for new rules regarding negotiations if they feel so aggrieved. Bottom line is your anger should be directed at Sanders's agent not Elway. John, and the Broncos, did nothing wrong. In fact, the Broncos were one of the last teams contacted by the agent.

Why should he veto a perfectly fair deal? Sanders never signed a deal with the Chiefs. He is still a FA until he signs.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Sorry you cannot veto a deal when no rule has been broken.

They had a non binding verbal agreement with the Chiefs. No contract had been signed. Sanders and his agent turned around and shopped the deal around to other teams. First the Bucs and ultimately the Broncos.

You really have no right to cast aspersions on the character of Elway. As I said, your anger should be directed at the agent. His actions were definitely not of moral fiber- that I agree with you on.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rh61791 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Why should he veto a perfectly fair deal? Sanders never signed a deal with the Chiefs. He is still a FA until he signs.

technically yes. but where I come from a handshake means something. That is how all GM operate. That is why you are hearing multiple GM'S cry foul. Not just KC. this agent is the only agent operating this way. a deal in principle is suuposed to be legit. and seriously do you guys really want a man on your team who shook another mans hand agreeing to a deal?
Rh61791

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Rh61791 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

technically yes. but whereI come a handshake means something. That is how all GM operate. That is why you are hearing multiple GM'S cry fould. Not just KC. this agent is the only agent operating this way. a deal in principle is suuposed to be legit. and seriously do you guys really want a man on your team who shook another mans hand agreeing to a deal?

Do you even know if Sanders himself agreed to the deal? Or did the agent just say he did? I guarantee he will be a Bronco by this time tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: