You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos to sign Emmanuel Sanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.

It didn't go down exactly the way you claim. While the agent may fall short of ethical norms per contract negotiations- he broke no explicit NFL rule.
The Chiefs can push for new rules regarding negotiations if they feel so aggrieved. Bottom line is your anger should be directed at Sanders's agent not Elway. John, and the Broncos, did nothing wrong. In fact, the Broncos were one of the last teams contacted by the agent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334409/article/executives-crying-foul-over-emmanuel-sanders-deal

but the deal should still be vetoed by goodell.

Sorry you cannot veto a deal when no rule has been broken.

They had a non binding verbal agreement with the Chiefs. No contract had been signed. Sanders and his agent turned around and shopped the deal around to other teams. First the Bucs and ultimately the Broncos.

You really have no right to cast aspersions on the character of Elway. As I said, your anger should be directed at the agent. His actions were

definitely not of moral fiber- that I agree with you on.

But if it can be docuumented that the man shook hands with John Dorsey and agreed on the deal then it should be valid. agreed? why you you guys even want a guy that did that anyways?
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Just so you guys know...he agreed in principle on a deal with KC. handshake and everything. then after that his agent called john elway and told him. then elway signed him.... you bronco fans are cool, but John elway is the most manipulative cheating troll i have ever seen. Roger Goodell needs to address this. Yes the agent should be banned, but more needs to be done.

It didn't go down exactly the way you claim. While the agent may fall short of ethical norms per contract negotiations- he broke no explicit NFL rule.
The Chiefs can push for new rules regarding negotiations if they feel so aggrieved. Bottom line is your anger should be directed at Sanders's agent not Elway. John, and the Broncos, did nothing wrong. In fact, the Broncos were one of the last teams contacted by the agent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334409/article/executives-crying-foul-over-emmanuel-sanders-deal

They had a non binding verbal agreement with the Chiefs. No contract had been signed. Sanders and his agent turned around and shopped the deal around to other teams. First the Bucs and ultimately the Broncos.

You really have no right to cast aspersions on the character of Elway. As I said, your anger should be directed at the agent. His actions were

But if it can be docuumented that the man shook hands with John Dorsey and agreed on the deal then it should be valid. agreed? why you you guys even want a guy that did that anyways?

To be honest, I didn't want him, but I do now just to see you throw fits in the news section, here, and chiefs forum. John Elway is a troll? Laughing Grow up kid, internet is serious business.

womp womp
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

To be honest, I didn't want him, but I do now just to see you throw fits in the news section, here, and chiefs forum. John Elway is a troll? Laughing Grow up kid, internet is serious business.

womp womp

said agent just came off of an 8 year ban BTW.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

womp womp

It's not going to change anything I can see why he would rather play for Denver anyways.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

womp womp

It's not going to change anything I can see why he would rather play for Denver anyways.

me too. except for the fact that he shook hands with john dorsey and agreed on a deal. his agent who had been banned for the last 8 years called elway after that. now GM'S around the league are calling foul...because it is foul.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

womp womp

me too. except for the fact that he shook hands with john dorsey and agreed on a deal. his agent who had been banned for the last 8 years called elway after that. now GM'S around the league are calling foul...because it is foul.

Your in the chiefs thread saying you should get our second round pick? It's not Elways fault it's Dorsey's for letting him leave without a written agreement. So enough

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame the player or Elway. The NFL is a business that's all you ever hear when teams cut fan favorite veterans on the decline that have given everything to the organization. So I think it's a little hypocritical. My dad did a hand shake with a car dealer to buy a truck but he wanted to test drive it first. He test drove it to the other dealership to compare deals. He got a better deal at that dealership. Car dealers are the most untrustworthy peopLe out there.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this in any way John Elway's fault? How is he supposed to know what the agent does with another team? Get off your trolling horse kylecumberland. The Broncos did nothing wrong.

As for the signing, its such a great deal. Hes a very underrated player that can do everything Decker did except run block.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another absolute steal, depending on the contract of course.

For what it is worth, Mike Martz had him ranked as the best FA wideout in this class (Sanders, Tate, Decker, Edelman, Nicks). Aside from Tate, whom I currently regard as the best of the group, I have to agree.

Big-play, YAC receiver who is going to complement DT very well.

Before I forget, Chiefs fans should stop feeling bitter and show a bit more respect for Elway's GM track-record. The average Chiefs fan in their forum cannot summon the least bit of objective commentary. First the talk of inevitable Bronco cap-hell, then the remark that Elway would not recruit as well without Manning and now the supposedly shadiness of Elway's handling of the Sanders signing. Midwestern insularity on full display.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:

LMAO!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you signed Joe Mays KC!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
How is this in any way John Elway's fault? How is he supposed to know what the agent does with another team? Get off your trolling horse kylecumberland. The Broncos did nothing wrong.

As for the signing, its such a great deal. Hes a very underrated player that can do everything Decker did except run block.

Yeah, I agree he's not the best run blocker but he is much faster than Decker I just keep thinking of all the breakaway catch and runs that Decker had last season where he just wasn't quite fast enough to take it all the way (or he tripped lol) Sanders deff has the speed to pick up bigger chuncks of yards than Decker did

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
broncostrings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This joker is a fan of the team that picked up Eddie Kennison. Just saying!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cumberland should note that agreeing to a deal and signing a deal are two very different things. Agent is a scum, but that's Dorsey's fault for getting played as bad as he did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the phone, listening to a Colorado station. It was just said that Sanders is at Dove Valley taking his physical. Contract is 3 years/15 million. Hosts did not mention anything regarding guaranteed money.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: