Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency- Denver yes. Oakland yes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kw_215

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Schaub to Oakland today, pending physical from what it sounds like anyway, per arrow head pride.

ALso hearing incognito wants to join the Raiders. Like we didn't see that coming right?

Nothing fancy but still bringing in consistant proven players. Incognito next?
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kw_215 wrote:
valkrei wrote:
Schaub to Oakland today, pending physical from what it sounds like anyway, per arrow head pride.

ALso hearing incognito wants to join the Raiders. Like we didn't see that coming right?

While I do believe Schaub is an upgrade over Pryor, what has he proven ?? And Incognito......just what your locker room needs Laughing

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He fits Olson's WCO perfectly. Raiders wanna run the ball and play dink and dunk. short passes, just keep moving the chains, Schaub is a good fit. Will it work out? who knows. I think Raiders did get better though and now they don't have to force QB at 5, if they don't want to.

Alex Smith will be 30 next month and is the youngest starting QB in the AFC West. Laughing
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
kw_215 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

While I do believe Schaub is an upgrade over Pryor, what has he proven ?? And Incognito......just what your locker room needs Laughing

Like i said in the other thread. Its not like there is a Peyton Manning out in free agency for us to go after. You guys got pretty lucky to have a franchise QB without having to draft or trade for one. I would love that to have happened for us, but its not like it happens very often.

We are doing what we can with what is available for us. I think we made a mistake by letting Veldheer go, but its been pretty well documented that his agent(his brother)was way to emotional and irrational during negotiations. He wasnt going to stay. Houston although good is not a great player and 7 mil was more than we were willing to spend. And Jennings was solid, but RB's are very replaceable.

We have added talent without hindering the franchise with stupid contracts. Every contract we have signed this offseason is a one year deal with an option to cut the player next year with no penalties. So if they play well we keep them if not, we let them go with no impact on our cap for next year.

Sigged by Jamison
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kw_215 wrote:
Now I really like the trade off, DE Jackson walks as a free agent and we sign DL Vance Walker, who I like better, but why wouldnt we have tried to keep one of the guards that walked? Not to mention one of the best KR/PR in the league right now in McCluster (I believe he was over paid). But why wasnt one of our core player kept? No one really mentioned anything of trying to keep any of them and we lost most of them in day 1...

I was excited for Vance Walker last season... I ended up being fairly disappointed.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
kw_215 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Like i said in the other thread. Its not like there is a Peyton Manning out in free agency for us to go after. You guys got pretty lucky to have a franchise QB without having to draft or trade for one. I would love that to have happened for us, but its not like it happens very often.

We are doing what we can with what is available for us. I think we made a mistake by letting Veldheer go, but its been pretty well documented that his agent(his brother)was way to emotional and irrational during negotiations. He wasnt going to stay. Houston although good is not a great player and 7 mil was more than we were willing to spend. And Jennings was solid, but RB's are very replaceable.

We have added talent without hindering the franchise with stupid contracts. Every contract we have signed this offseason is a one year deal with an option to cut the player next year with no penalties. So if they play well we keep them if not, we let them go with no impact on our cap for next year.

Thank god Saffold failed his physical. He could have been that bad contract. I think Penn is a way better player than Saffold anyways.

Tamba Hali
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandiegoraider1 wrote:
kw_215 wrote:
Now I really like the trade off, DE Jackson walks as a free agent and we sign DL Vance Walker, who I like better, but why wouldnt we have tried to keep one of the guards that walked? Not to mention one of the best KR/PR in the league right now in McCluster (I believe he was over paid). But why wasnt one of our core player kept? No one really mentioned anything of trying to keep any of them and we lost most of them in day 1...

I was excited for Vance Walker last season... I ended up being fairly disappointed.

All he's gonna have to deal with is single-teams in our 4 man rush theoretically and should be solid.

Certainly not going to be the main focus of offense every week, we've got 4 pro bowlers in the front 7 to clear the way.

Not to make fun of the Raiders, but you guys had like no talent in that defense last year. Houston/Moore/?? I dunno, its easier to deal with guys like Walker when there's not much else to deal with IMO
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
sandiegoraider1 wrote:
kw_215 wrote:

All he's gonna have to deal with is single-teams in our 4 man rush theoretically and should be solid.

Certainly not going to be the main focus of offense every week, we've got 4 pro bowlers in the front 7 to clear the way.

Not to make fun of the Raiders, but you guys had like no talent in that defense last year. Houston/Moore/?? I dunno, its easier to deal with guys like Walker when there's not much else to deal with IMO

I dont entirely disagree but Pat Sims still managed to easily outplay him.
kw_215

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently added RB Maurice Jones-Drew...Also in the running for Desean Jackson..
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandiegoraider1 wrote:

Yeah Vance has a weakness against Double Teams, in that he can get blown up. Don't know if he's going to be a full time player.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
sandiegoraider1 wrote:

Yeah Vance has a weakness against Double Teams, in that he can get blown up. Don't know if he's going to be a full time player.

Vance Walker saw almost no double teams last year. Sims saw them all in the run game (he was the NT) and teams rarely used them on any player in the pass game. I was really happy with the Walker signing, thought he was going to be a really underrated pick up. He barely did anything.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see how he fits in the 34, he's a solid role player.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are going to be very happy with Walker. He immediately becomes one of our best pass rushers on the d-line and he is still more than adequate in the run game.

I really like this signing. He's only 26.

Tamba Hali
kw_215

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resently added CB Carlos Rogers...
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
sandiegoraider1 wrote:

Vance Walker saw almost no double teams last year. Sims saw them all in the run game (he was the NT) and teams rarely used them on any player in the pass game. I was really happy with the Walker signing, thought he was going to be a really underrated pick up. He barely did anything.

Walker in pass rush situations will not be seeing double teams with the Chiefs, same as last year with the Raiders. In run situations it's a little harder to predict (OL attacking a gap/player) but it's clear he will be a downgrade from Tyson Jackson in the run game. Still, he finished the year with 29 tackles and 11 assists.

I have to counter your argument that he did almost nothing. Along with that work in the run game he was solid in the pass rush department. He had 32 QB hurries last year to go along with his 3 sacks. Those hurries were fifth-most among all 65 qualifying defensive tackles and four more than Poe had last year on way less snaps (a separate problem all together.. Poe's ridiculous snaps played last year).

In our defense where the double teams belong to Poe, Hali, and Houston.. we have needed someone who can do something in the pass rush department when singled up. We have 3 pass rush studs. We had no one else to make teams pay when they put so much focus on the others. Jackson didn't do it. Bailey hasn't done it. Catapano had a few flashes but is unknown. Devito doesn't do it.

Walker has shown when singled he can take advantage of it and have an impact. Stud pass rusher.. no. Contribute to the studs we have already. Absolutely.

He did more than barely anything!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: