Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Britt enroute to Foxboro [per Loyko]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Highly doubt they cut Boyce over Thompkins given draft status, age, and upside.

Draft status means nothing at this point. If Boyce doesn't show much this summer, it would be fair to assume that his NFL upside is quite limited.

I really liked Boyce coming out but he showed almost nothing last year to make me think he's going to contribute much in New England. Hopefully he can stay healthy and impress this summer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Boyce much at all coming out, funnily enough. I did like Dobson a lot, though.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
I did like Dobson a lot, though.

You don't say?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
I did like Dobson a lot, though.

You don't say?

I was also one of the tiny few to point out that his "zero drops in 2012" stat was utter BS.
m haynes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Draft status means nothing at this point. If Boyce doesn't show much this summer, it would be fair to assume that his NFL upside is quite limited.

I really liked Boyce coming out but he showed almost nothing last year to make me think he's going to contribute much in New England. Hopefully he can stay healthy and impress this summer.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and impress this summer.

I'm not sure if he was 100% healthy last year. I hope with a off season he's comes back 100% and we see the 4.3 speed game breaker he was in college.

What give me hope is the Pats designed plays (reverses and iso's) for him last year.
BigTimePatsFan9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I'm not sure if he was 100% healthy last year. I hope with a off season he's comes back 100% and we see the 4.3 speed game breaker he was in college.

What give me hope is the Pats designed plays (reverses and iso's) for him last year.

We don't need him for trick plays. We need him to be a threat in the passing game.

If we wanted to run a trick play, I'm sure our biggest weapon in that department would be Edelman. Due to his ability to move all over the field, good speed, and experience throwing the ball as a QB in college
m haynes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:
m haynes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

We don't need him for trick plays. We need him to be a threat in the passing game.

If we wanted to run a trick play, I'm sure our biggest weapon in that department would be Edelman. Due to his ability to move all over the field, good speed, and experience throwing the ball as a QB in college
You misunderstood or I was not clear. By running plays for him they must of saw something however injuries(foot) could of been a factor for him not reaching his potential.
BigTimePatsFan9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Breer, he left without a deal but both the Pats and the Rams have shown interest in him. Heading to visit the Skins now. Probably visiting to see if anywhere will offer him more than the vet min.

Really would like to sign him cheap
Nihc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard he did take a physical but officially left without a deal. He did tweet this FWIW:

Quote:
Kenny Britt ‏@KennyBritt_18 19m
Blessed

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
BigTimePatsFan9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
I heard he did take a physical but officially left without a deal. He did tweet this FWIW:

Quote:
Kenny Britt ‏@KennyBritt_18 19m
Blessed

Interesting. I wasn't really expecting to get him right away anyway. Hopefully he'll circle back after his visit with the Redskins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: