Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edelman re-signs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Good, I'm glad to have him back. I'm surprised he didn't get a little more attention though.

See the post above yours for the reason why.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is freaking great news. So glad to have him back. At a relatively cheap AAV too.

That's two off seasons in a row now though where he just hasn't had a sniff of a decent market. Poor guy because he does and can offer so much.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:

what the
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Good, I'm glad to have him back. I'm surprised he didn't get a little more attention though.
Is his health really that much of a concern Confused I would have agreed at the beginning of last season, but I didn't know it was still much of an issue.

NextBigThing wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
what the
I'm still alive Wink

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Richter wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Is his health really that much of a concern :? I would have agreed at the beginning of last season, but I didn't know it was still much of an issue

He spent the majority of his first four seasons either nicked or outright hurt. One year of durability doesn't suddenly make that go away.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
what the
I'm still alive Wink

Good.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see anyone else on the FA market at WR whom the Pats can bring in that would be any real upgrade over what they already have, unfortunately.
Brandon LaFell would be a nice big target, but he's never had great production on the perimeter [Dobson would've matched his best output last year if he hadn't been hurt]. The rest of the bunch are just more slot guys.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woulda liked Noldin to be honest. What do people think of Keller or Daniels at TE?

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
I woulda liked Noldin to be honest. What do people think of Keller or Daniels at TE?
Boldin wasn't gonna be leaving SF.

Keller and Daniels? Two more frequently injured TEs, one of whom can't block? No thanks.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I don't really see anyone else on the FA market at WR whom the Pats can bring in that would be any real upgrade over what they already have, unfortunately.
Brandon LaFell would be a nice big target, but he's never had great production on the perimeter [Dobson would've matched his best output last year if he hadn't been hurt]. The rest of the bunch are just more slot guys.

LaFell is just another over-hyped scrub LSU receiver of recent vintage. Can't catch a cold. If they're going to bring in another big target, it'll be through the draft I hope.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

LaFell is just another over-hyped scrub LSU receiver of recent vintage. Can't catch a cold. If they're going to bring in another big target, it'll be through the draft I hope.
Yeah. I feel like they're gonna stick with what they have, and if Dobson/Boyce don't progress, they'll try and work a trade for someone like Roddy White.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Yeah. I feel like they're gonna stick with what they have, and if Dobson/Boyce don't progress, they'll try and work a trade for someone like Roddy White.

If they stock both lines up and find one more big target, they'll be fine, for the simple reason that they'll get more bites at the apple on offense this year. It's always the problem with teams that are loaded on offense with middling defenses; if the opposing team can hold down their attack early and keeps the number of possessions limited, they'll eventually break down on defense and be forced to play catch up, while the opponent's offense gets an extra shot at putting up points every time the ball is turned over. If you keep giving Brady extra chances, you're getting burned, and they look to finally have a defense in place that can do just that on a regular basis.
QcFootballFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as he is good, I dont think he could be as good with every QB. It was surely a factor if the money wasnt to far appart. Quite happy.

Questions:
1- are the Pats over the cap with all those signing adding the rookie contract?
2- if so, is there a deadline that the Pats can be over or are they forced to be under the cap before the draft?
3- if its a problem, who they gonna cut or save money? I know they could cut Wilson, but thats not much, what else?

Plus they should keep some space to add depth in case of injuries (because they will happen).
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QcFootballFan wrote:

No. After the Revis signing, they had a little over $10m in cap room left. With the Browner and Edelman contracts, they'll probably still have somewhere in the vicinity of $4m.

Quote:
3- if its a problem, who they gonna cut or save money? I know they could cut Wilson, but thats not much, what else?
Still remains to be seen what they end up doing with Wilfork. If he's cut, that's an extra $8 million in cap savings.
Cutting Dan Connolly and Adrian Wilson would save an additional $4.16m

BlaqOptic wrote:
QcFootballFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
QcFootballFan wrote:

No. After the Revis signing, they had a little over $10m in cap room left. With the Browner and Edelman contracts, they'll probably still have somewhere in the vicinity of $4m.

Quote:
Still remains to be seen what they end up doing with Wilfork. If he's cut, that's an extra $8 million in cap savings.
Cutting Dan Connolly and Adrian Wilson would save an additional $4.16m

Thanks for the quick and insightful anwser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: