Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA signings and draft correlation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillSabre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: FA signings and draft correlation Reply with quote

The Bills have primarily addressed the defense through free agency. Chandler resigning was meh but he is a big target in the redzone. We picked up a lineman as well for the offense. Does anybody get the feeling OBD is eyeing up Evans/Watkins/Ebron at 9 or is the feeling that best O-Lineman available is the pick? Just for S & G, what combo would you fellas be happier with as 1st and 2nd pick?

Evans/ASJ or Ebron/Benjamin?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to trade back. Take Austin Jenkins (I don't think he's going to last to rd 2) and a WR at the top of the 2nd rd. I like Jenkins better than Ebron.

TommyC376^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT, WR, and TE does seem to be the positions we are targeting in the draft. But knowing the Bills they will probably draft Mosely in the first and Shazier in the second and we will have a ton of linebackers and not much at other positions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
OT, WR, and TE does seem to be the positions we are targeting in the draft. But knowing the Bills they will probably draft Mosely in the first and Shazier in the second and we will have a ton of linebackers and not much at other positions.

I wouldn't hate that..

You draft to build your team for the future - you use FA to fill the holes..

We signed an OL and a couple LBs to fill our needs - now we can draft a player who will be useful down the road..

I still have Evans 2nd to Clowney on my draft board though..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I wouldn't hate that..

You draft to build your team for the future - you use FA to fill the holes..

We signed an OL and a couple LBs to fill our needs - now we can draft a player who will be useful down the road..

I still have Evans 2nd to Clowney on my draft board though..

Evans is the perfect pick for Buffalo IMO. Especially after what we've done in free agency.

He not only fits a need we desperately have (tall physical wideout) but he has value as well at 9. I wouldn't be surprised if someone trades in front of us to grab him.

I'm not as sold on our wideouts as some people on here are. Stevie will always be solid but injuries are a concern now, Woods showed promise but is better suited in a #2 role, Goodwin I really like but he too had injuries last season.

Graham -cut
Hogan/Easily - ST at best
Elliot/Barden/Kaufman- camp bodies

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem BillSabre is I don't think Benjamin is going to be there at our 2nd rd pick. As much as I am underwhelmed by Ebron, I would like that combination better (Ebron/Benjamin). But guys like Benjamin, athletic guys who need work tend to go bottom of the first rd (AJ Jenkins, Jonathan Baldwin, etc.). Plus after Watkins and Evans, Benjamin could be the next wideout off the board (probably Marquise Lee, but I think Benjamin has a higher ceiling).

I think a Mike Evans / Jace Amaro combo would be ideal. Ebron will be the first TE to go, then probably between Amaro and ASJ, but Amaro will probably be 2nd with ASJ's foot.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
problem BillSabre is I don't think Benjamin is going to be there at our 2nd rd pick. As much as I am underwhelmed by Ebron, I would like that combination better (Ebron/Benjamin). But guys like Benjamin, athletic guys who need work tend to go bottom of the first rd (AJ Jenkins, Jonathan Baldwin, etc.). Plus after Watkins and Evans, Benjamin could be the next wideout off the board (probably Marquise Lee, but I think Benjamin has a higher ceiling).

I think a Mike Evans / Jace Amaro combo would be ideal. Ebron will be the first TE to go, then probably between Amaro and ASJ, but Amaro will probably be 2nd with ASJ's foot.

Every time I watch Kelving Benjamin, I see Jon Baldwin.

I do not want him. At all.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the bills signed spikes to a one year deal. i just dont know why they wouldnt do it to other players like Kenny Britt or Jermichael Finley. 1 year prove it deal, low risk and potential high reward and the bills still have over 12 million in cap space. The projected amount for signing the draft picks is 2.8 million according to SI.com if true the bills have enough money to pull something like this off. It gives the bills more talent for a cheap price and if it works out then thats good for the bills if not it doesnt hurt the bills future.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Evans/Amaro combo the best for us. With us keeping Chandler in for running downs than Amaro would likely be in on obvious passing downs. The problem is I honestly don't see either ASJ or Amaro there at 41.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I like the Evans/Amaro combo the best for us. With us keeping Chandler in for running downs than Amaro would likely be in on obvious passing downs. The problem is I honestly don't see either ASJ or Amaro there at 41.

I believe because some of the Qb's may fall later into the first it will allow teams to wait until the 2nd to draft their QB as well as a lot of CB's seem to be mocked as going late 1st/early 2nd.

I think one of Amaro/ASJ will be available at 41. I wouldn't be opposed to moving up a few spots to secure one.

TommyC376

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt want to start a new thread ...

It really annoys me when someone mocks a tackle to us at 9, and their explanation is "this tackle could finally shore up the LT position and Cordy Glenn could move to RT or his natural position LG"

Its like how uninformed are these people, watch the tape Glenn is a top 10 LT in this league. He solidified himself as our franchise LT last year.

/rant.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy yes I agree with you it does get old and annoying. Profootballfocus rated Glenn as the #11 LT in the league. He only allowed 1.5 sacks and started every game last year. He is the Bills franchise LT and will be for years to come. If bills do draft an OT at 9 he will be the RT. OT and WR are so deep in this draft that I wouldnt mind going another position at 9 and drafting a OT in the 2nd like they did the year they got glenn.

Thanks Max
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I like how the bills signed spikes to a one year deal. i just dont know why they wouldnt do it to other players like Kenny Britt or Jermichael Finley. 1 year prove it deal, low risk and potential high reward and the bills still have over 12 million in cap space. The projected amount for signing the draft picks is 2.8 million according to SI.com if true the bills have enough money to pull something like this off. It gives the bills more talent for a cheap price and if it works out then thats good for the bills if not it doesnt hurt the bills future.

I'd love to sign Finley to a deal like Spikes'. He's an athletic 'playmakimg' type of TE that we need. Chandler is a big RZ target, but we need a guy that can stretch the field like Finley does.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

It really annoys me when someone mocks a tackle to us at 9, and their explanation is "this tackle could finally shore up the LT position and Cordy Glenn could move to RT or his natural position LG"

Its like how uninformed are these people, watch the tape Glenn is a top 10 LT in this league. He solidified himself as our franchise LT last year.

/rant.

While I agree with you, what happens if Matthews is available at 9, we take him, put him at LT and move Glenn to RT, and they become the best OT combo in the NFL? None of us would complain about that.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but I also think it's possible that if we draft an OT at 9, he may become our LT, and Glenn would be moved to RT (maybe not right away, but eventually), and I'd be ok with that too.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

/rant.

While I agree with you, what happens if Matthews is available at 9, we take him, put him at LT and move Glenn to RT, and they become the best OT combo in the NFL? None of us would complain about that.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but I also think it's possible that if we draft an OT at 9, he may become our LT, and Glenn would be moved to RT (maybe not right away, but eventually), and I'd be ok with that too.

IMO if we draft Mathews at 9 he plays RT and we have arguably the best OT combo in the NFL anyway. I love that Mathews played RT for 3 years, he has a lot of experience there.

I do understand your point as well. Glenn would be legit mauling those DE's in the running game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: