Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ok, so now can we beat Denver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darnell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver has signed some very good players, but none of their moves address the issues that led to them getting blownout:

1. soft/slow offense
2. no power run game
3. immobility at QB
4. QBs lack of arm strength to threaten the deep 3rd of the defense
5. crappy play at RT

They literally didn't address any of the reasons they got stomped in the SB
swi7ch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They get Talib, we get Revis.
They get Ware, we get Browner.
They get Sanders, we get LaFell.

Anyone I missed?
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
They get Talib, we get Revis.
They get Ware, we get Browner.
They get Sanders, we get LaFell.

Anyone I missed?

They got thumper in Ward and we got ours in Browner
They lost top LB Woodyard, we lost Spikes

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more worried about the NFC teams then the Broncos.

*Actual time may vary.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker>Sanders
DRC=Talib
Woodyard>Ware (I have little faith in Ware having a good season. His game is predicated on his athleticism which is waning and probably on a pretty nasty downward slope)

They only improvement I would say they made in Denver is TJ Ward, the guy almost no one is talking about.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Decker>Sanders
DRC=Talib
Woodyard>Ware (I have little faith in Ware having a good season. His game is predicated on his athleticism which is waning and probably on a pretty nasty downward slope)

They only improvement I would say they made in Denver is TJ Ward, the guy almost no one is talking about.
Talib is a better corner then DRC.. He wasn't very sought after last year. 1 year 5 million. Seems that DRC gets distracted. Talib injury prone.. seems DRC missed some time last year as well

Decker or Sanders ill give the edge to decker one of my favorite guys and wont be easily replaced. However peyton still has a few other receivers.

In NO world is Woodyard > Ware. Good WIL horrible MLB. and with Danny T as our WIL, They felt he was replaceable. He was a great locker room guy though

I think our biggest loss was Knowshon Moreno... cant believe he still hasn't been signed.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Decker>Sanders
DRC=Talib

Talib is a better corner then DRC.. He wasn't very sought after last year. 1 year 5 million. Seems that DRC gets distracted. Talib injury prone.. seems DRC missed some time last year as well

Decker or Sanders ill give the edge to decker one of my favorite guys and wont be easily replaced. However peyton still has a few other receivers.

In NO world is Woodyard > Ware. Good WIL horrible MLB. and with Danny T as our WIL, They felt he was replaceable. He was a great locker room guy though

I think our biggest loss was Knowshon Moreno... cant believe he still hasn't been signed.

You are overrating Talib and underrating DRC. Both have motivations problems that only just got fixed last season. DRC got 1 year 5 mil last year? Guess what Talib got last year fool.

I have little faith that Ware doesnt continue his steep decline. He is a name that could completely break down at any time.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Decker>Sanders
DRC=Talib

That's exactly what Talib got. Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver's offense will fly next year probably without the top flight numbers. They are our main competition in the AFC outside of the chiefs who I have zero faith in.

One factor I'm going to be monitoring when the season starts is do they try to implement Welker and Thomas (TE) more due to Deckers absence because I don't believe Sanders will just come in and be what Decker was and I don't think their going to try and do that. Does welker continue to show signs of age? Does Thomas regress or have an all pro year?

If our pass rush comes alive I'm not really shook by Denver. In house guys like Ryan, Dennard and Arrington will determine our outcomes come next January.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
terbo559 wrote:
Our pass rush sucks so probably no.
To simple you need more for your augment. I can say Broncos running game sucks and there WR group effectiveness will be diminished greatly. They lose their red zone man Decker. Decker was Mannings's Welker' Yes this is a major loss. Who is taking his place Sanders, ya right. Wes coming in year older after two concussions. Our pass rush is better than there running game which is not saying much either way.

EX Sanders is Mannings Amendola, how'd that work out. My only concern will be our OL can we fix both (DL) with this draft

In the AFC Championship game, our defense did not deliver any effective pressure in Manning's face, providing Manning to pick apart our defense, especially after Talib went out. The difference was, Broncos were able to get to Brady, but our defense were not able to touch Manning. Peyton's weakness is pressure, and if you can't put pressure on him, you will most likely won't be able to beat him. I guess you can point out that our offensive line needs more improvement to beat Denver, but after watching Seattle handle Denver, you can say that defense is more important to beating the Broncos.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing: Having DBs who can cover better on an island will allow the Pats to get more creative with the pass rush. It'll allow them to use more blitz packages on 3rd downs. That alone could make a huge difference against the Broncos. Yes, the basic 4-man pass rush needs a lot of improvement, but the additions of Revis and Browner alone could be enough to tip the balance of the matchup in the Pats' favor.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
QcFootballFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
m haynes wrote:
terbo559 wrote:
To simple you need more for your augment. I can say Broncos running game sucks and there WR group effectiveness will be diminished greatly. They lose their red zone man Decker. Decker was Mannings's Welker' Yes this is a major loss. Who is taking his place Sanders, ya right. Wes coming in year older after two concussions. Our pass rush is better than there running game which is not saying much either way.

EX Sanders is Mannings Amendola, how'd that work out. My only concern will be our OL can we fix both (DL) with this draft

In the AFC Championship game, our defense did not deliver any effective pressure in Manning's face, providing Manning to pick apart our defense, especially after Talib went out. The difference was, Broncos were able to get to Brady, but our defense were not able to touch Manning. Peyton's weakness is pressure, and if you can't put pressure on him, you will most likely won't be able to beat him. I guess you can point out that our offensive line needs more improvement to beat Denver, but after watching Seattle handle Denver, you can say that defense is more important to beating the Broncos.

In my view, very rarely does Manning get hit or sacked. While pressuring him help a lot, the other way to disrupt his offense is to confuse him by disguising the defense and by breaking the timing with his receiver (with press man for exemple).

I think the Pats have what it takes when healthy to do that even if the pass rush doesnt actually hit Manning.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a lot more worried about the run D than the pass rush.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QcFootballFan wrote:
terbo559 wrote:
m haynes wrote:
terbo559 wrote:

In my view, very rarely does Manning get hit or sacked. While pressuring him help a lot, the other way to disrupt his offense is to confuse him by disguising the defense and by breaking the timing with his receiver (with press man for exemple).

I think the Pats have what it takes when healthy to do that even if the pass rush doesnt actually hit Manning.

It wont be smart to blitz Manning because he is just going to read it and quickly pass the ball where it is open. Seattle had success on Manning because they were able to get pressure on him without blitzing much. They had Bennett rush on one side and Clemons on the other, and had Red Bryant bull rush from the middle. Then had their great secondary just cover anyone. They played great complimentary football on the defensive line and secondary. Right now we have a good secondary, but our pass rush is still not good enough to get pressure with four guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: