Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ok, so now can we beat Denver?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swi7ch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: ok, so now can we beat Denver? Reply with quote

We all saw how an elite secondary stopped the Broncos offense in the SuperBowl and we have an elite secondary now. Or are we still missing something else? Pass rushers?

Pats going all in now that Brady's window is closing. Unfortunately, Elway is going all in, too. Sad
ICB 45

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: ok, so now can we beat Denver? Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
Pats going all in now that Brady's window is closing.

I strongly disagree with this quote. The Revis-Browner signings have nothing to do with Brady's window closing, it isn't like we are sacrificing the future to sign these guys now like another certain team is doing. Belichick doesn't operate like that. I see these moves as similar to getting Moss/Welker in 2007. We had a clear weakness at the position the year before and addressed it afterwards.

To answer your thread question, I think it depends on one thing. A healthy Gronk.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can our D-line put enough pressure on Manning to have him makes some mistakes? That's my question.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err....we beat Denver last year. So yes.
Naq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belichick doesn't operate, nor should he, under the notion that he's building his roster to beat one team. I really don't understand the fascination of Pats fans wanting to only beat Denver when there are a handful of teams in the AFC who could turn out to have a great season next season. Heck I could see all 3 teams in the AFC east being so much more better than the past couple of seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a solid draft, this will be the best overall Pats unit BB's ever had, 2007 withstanding.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our defense is starting to match up SUPER well now with Revis and Browner. So much time between now and then, but there's no question we are on the same level. 1a and 1b.

If Gronk is playing in that game, I think we beat them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Naq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
With a solid draft, this will be the best overall Pats unit BB's ever had, 2007 withstanding.

04?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

'03 was the best secondary we've had under Belichick. Law and Harrison at the top of their games, young Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel as well.

Deadpulse on the sig
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

'03 was the best secondary we've had under Belichick. Law and Harrison at the top of their games, young Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel as well.

I think we'll see by mid season or the end of it if this secondary unit surpasses the likes of that '03 squad. The depth and versatility that we have now is a nice start to that thought.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One top or even really solid receiver would make me feel a lot better. Also a beefed up d line. Aside from that, I love everything else. But you have the secondary (FINALLY) to give a good QB fits, now just put pressure on him to create urgency. Worked wonders in the Superbowl. Also I just want Brady to have that one guy who he can consistently rely on. Last year it was Edelman, before that it was Welker. Just goes a long way.
lancerman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol spoke a few seconds too soon. Edelman's staying, so yeah that D line.
terbo559

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pass rush sucks so probably no.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I know. I said overall unit.

Naq wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

04?

What about it? I do not think they were better talent wise than the 2014 Pats could be if we have another good draft.

Our offense and defense should be top 5 if not top 1.
m haynes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
Our pass rush sucks so probably no.
To simple you need more for your augment. I can say Broncos running game sucks and there WR group effectiveness will be diminished greatly. They lose their red zone man Decker. Decker was Mannings's Welker' Yes this is a major loss. Who is taking his place Sanders, ya right. Wes coming in year older after two concussions. Our pass rush is better than there running game which is not saying much either way.

EX Sanders is Mannings Amendola, how'd that work out. My only concern will be our OL can we fix both (DL) with this draft

Last edited by m haynes on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: