Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Around the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looks like points for the Bears.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
That's looks like points for the Bears.

Good thing their defense is terrible.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even want to think about our dbs matching up with the bears right now. I don't feel good about that one at all.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Gosh I hate Holmes, but honestly that might be the perfect spot for him. IMO Marshall/Jeffrey is the best WR duo in the NFL. So for him to be able to play a 3rd WR there is ideal for him.

Yup, plus if he tries to be a diva that locker room won't have it. Nice pick up for them.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets hope that a quality CB and a good WR are cut soon. I'm surprised we havent made a play for Chris Houston yet. Fits our scheme fairly well.

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
lets hope that a quality CB and a good WR are cut soon. I'm surprised we havent made a play for Chris Houston yet. Fits our scheme fairly well.

I think Idzik is giving the other guys a shot. I think this next game will determine if Idzik will make a move for another CB. Probably just waiting for Preseason cuts to be made.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the people who had issues with Kelvin Benjamin coming out he hasn't looked too bad so far this preseason ... stumbled but still managed to adjust quickly for the ball for a TD in the first game ... and in the 2nd game showed he knows how to use his size to both get off the line and attack the ball.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

I think Idzik is giving the other guys a shot. I think this next game will determine if Idzik will make a move for another CB. Probably just waiting for Preseason cuts to be made.

Yeah, I think we will wait until after the 3rd preseason game before we add anyone to the position.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
richie jets

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you guys think about sanchez lighting it up , in chip kellys offense. Don't get me wrong I wanted him out of here also but I wonder if rex's defense first run the ball every down out dated mentality did him in .0 first round picks on offense in 5 years ,0 edge rushers ,its a passing league I hope im wrong but this could get old quick.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
what do you guys think about sanchez lighting it up , in chip kellys offense. Don't get me wrong I wanted him out of here also but I wonder if rex's defense first run the ball every down out dated mentality did him in .0 first round picks on offense in 5 years ,0 edge rushers ,its a passing league I hope im wrong but this could get old quick.

It's the preseason.

We did draft an edge rusher in the first round. His name is Quinton Coples. We also drafted two corners.
CallOfKtulu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:

Outdated? The Seahawks just won a super bowl doing it.

I don't really understand this myth about the running game being dead or "outdated". The two best teams in the league last year (Seahawks and 49ers) were based around running the ball.
MP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/11/gus-bradley-backtracks-on-marqise-lee-criticism/

Nothing impressive, but hey at least he crossed the pylons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallOfKtulu wrote:
richie jets wrote:

I don't really understand this myth about the running game being dead or "outdated". The two best teams in the league last year (Seahawks and 49ers) were based around running the ball.

Both teams have significantly better pass rushes, offensive lines, and secondaries not to mention QBs. Philosophy isnt outdated we just still cant generate a 4 man rush and our line is very inconsistant.

Considering how often we add to our defense, its really not as impressive as we make it seem. Blame the lack of dominance in cincinnati on the vanilla calls, but all ya want, but they didnt exactly dig deep in the book either. Were going to have to really out-grit teams on both sides of the ball to even win 9 games this year IMO.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
CallOfKtulu wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Both teams have significantly better pass rushes, offensive lines, and secondaries not to mention QBs. Philosophy isnt outdated we just still cant generate a 4 man rush and our line is very inconsistant.

Considering how often we add to our defense, its really not as impressive as we make it seem. Blame the lack of dominance in cincinnati on the vanilla calls, but all ya want, but they didnt exactly dig deep in the book either. Were going to have to really out-grit teams on both sides of the ball to even win 9 games this year IMO.

This. Stopping the run is nice and all, but so far we have a pretty tough time getting to the QB. Dalton had all day back there.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:

Both sides screwed up. There was a lot that Sanchez could have done better, but we did a terrible job of keeping talent around him and letting him develop in a real offense. You can't name a good QB who went through the same downgrade of OC's and talent.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 4 of 37

Jump to: