Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins and Cortland Finnegan finalizing 2 year deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiamiGuy13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Dolphins and Cortland Finnegan finalizing 2 year deal Reply with quote

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2014/03/14/report-dolphins-finalizing-deal-with-cb-cortland-finnegan/
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the worst ranked CB in the NFL and had his worse season of his career because he had to play ZONE for the first time last year. Will be interesting how they use him
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Was the worst ranked CB in the NFL and had his worse season of his career because he had to play ZONE for the first time last year. Will be interesting how they use him

No, it's because he was battling injuries all year long.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its official

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid signing. Probably not much money, to bring in competition for our rookies from last year. I wasn't ready to hand either one the starting spot without a fight, so this is good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

If that's your story stick with it tell everybody it was a great signing like you always do but also go back and look how bad he was in the final 8 games in 2012. Your the same guy who said 2 weeks ago we didn't need Randy Starks and he is a average player to now he was a great resign.

Last edited by fishfan4life on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

If that's your story stick with it tell everybody it was a great signing like you always do. Your the same guy who said 2 weeks ago we didn't need Randy Starks he is average player to now he was a great resign.

eatingpopcorn.gif

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Solid signing. Probably not much money, to bring in competition for our rookies from last year. I wasn't ready to hand either one the starting spot without a fight, so this is good.

I am hoping its exactly what you are saying, and that its competition. My fear is that the signing may be an indication that the Dolphins don't see what they want in our two young CBs. With that said, I agree with you that we should not be handing the starting spot to a 2nd year guy that hasn't shown anything yet.
Vincy336

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite players I know he had a bad season but 7 out of 8 good seasons. Him and Grimes are mighty mouse
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

If that's your story stick with it tell everybody it was a great signing like you always do. Your the same guy who said 2 weeks ago we didn't need Randy Starks he is average player to now he was a great resign.

I have no idea what you're talking about? I've never once said anything negative about Randy Starks. He has always been a great player for us. I have said all along that I would prefer Soliai between the two of them, and it looks like the rest of the NFL agreed with me. I was surprised he chose to resign with us. I'm not sure anybody hates the small 2 year deal we gave him.

As for Finnegan, everything I have heard is that he struggled with some sort of thigh injury and really only played in like 7 games all season. The reason I like the signing is for two reasons.

1. I don't want the job handed to the rookies from last year who have proven very little so far.

2. I don't want to spend too much money on a proven stud who won't even give the rookies a chance to play much.

He sort of fits the mold of both of those. Unless of course they come back and say it was a 2 year 15 million dollar deal or something. I'm expecting something like 2 years, 6Mil, with 2.5 Mil guaranteed in year 1.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I am hoping its exactly what you are saying, and that its competition. My fear is that the signing may be an indication that the Dolphins don't see what they want in our two young CBs. With that said, I agree with you that we should not be handing the starting spot to a 2nd year guy that hasn't shown anything yet.

If they didn't see what they wanted at all, then they would have spent more money on a premiere player instead of a riskier guy like Finnegan. At least that's how I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

Albert Breer says the word is 2 yrs 11 mil.... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Albert Breer says the word is 2 yrs 11 mil.... Shocked

Unless the first year of that is pretty small, I wouldn't be a fan. There is no way he should be getting similar money to Starks. Or maybe that's if he meets certain performance goals? Something doesn't sound right about that price tag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to see Hickeys style here, Delmas and Finnegan both play aggressive and physical football and like to make big hits.

Finnegan may be perfect for the off-man scheme we run which they ran a lot in Tennessee where he played as one of the best CB in the NFL.

This is a cheaper signing in which we should get better play then the cost, because more then anything it brings him back to the scheme he flourished in.
AngryFinFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to see Hickeys style here, Delmas and Finnegan both play aggressive and physical football and like to make big hits.

Finnegan may be perfect for the off-man scheme we run which they ran a lot in Tennessee where he played as one of the best CB in the NFL.

This is a cheaper signing in which we should get better play then the cost. Because more then anything it brings him back to the scheme he flourished in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: