You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rate my Mock Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanonefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Rate my Mock Draft Reply with quote

I always come on here but this is my first post.

Round 1, Pick 11: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA

He is the favorite right now at this pick. I think he falls to us at 11. We need pass rushers and we have missed on many in the pass but I don't think this guy has reach his full potential yet.

Round 2 Pick 10: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

I think he is the best overall cornerback in the draft and concern is his height and size. One thing you can't teach is heart this guy is very sound and aggressive. Great in man and zone coverage.

Round 4, Pick 12: Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU
Talent only he is the best running back in the draft. But a lot of questions which is why I think he falls til the 4th round. He could instantly start over Greene in my opinion.

Round 5, Pick 11: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Antonio Richardson would be a first-rounder were it not for concerns about his knee, so he's a steal this late on.

Round 6, Pick 10: De'Anthony Thomas
I feel at this point in the draft we could gamble. Why not gamble on the most electrifying player in college football. He can line up at running back or receiver. And if he don't workout we can always cut him after a year.

Round 7: Jonathan Dowling, S, Western Kentucky
We need depth at Safety. The former Florida gator was on of the top safeties coming out of high school and became of the the best players in the Sun belt for two straight years can be a future starter.

Also I would like to bring in a vet like Kevin Williams a six time pro bowler to help on the Dline. If we can get him for cheap to help with our young Dline.

Let me know your feedback.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the players you selected.

A couple things:

I don't think that they will select a corner that high. Maybe they will, but they seem to be more inclined to promote from within with either BWW or Sensabaugh.

Antonio Richardson- I really doubt that he will be there in the 5th round. I'm not big on value or saying he most def won't be there, but it is very unlikely he will last to the 5th unless he has some injury concerns.

DeAnthony Thomas is a wasted pick. We got McCluster, who is a proven version of Thomas. Also you have us drafting Hill so I don't see any spot for Thomas. I understand it's a gamble, but why not gamble on a spot that could turn out to benefit us like a QB or true WR or OLB.

Good draft based on the talent selected but some picks that might lie in the realm of not happening.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with this but a couple things....

1.) I'd like to at least draft a guy who can play NT whether it be this year or in the coming years.

2.) No need for Thomas with McCluster just signed although that late, it would be hard to pass on his talents.

3.). Never liked Richardson at all regardless of the knee. Another overrated $EC player.

4.) Kevin Williams is washed up at this point and could not help in any way IMO.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
titanonefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingtitan- I know you don't want a cornerback that high but that's one of our biggest question marks. I know we have couple of unproven young guys but I feel with facing Andrew luck and maybe two new qb at jax and texans we will 3 to 4 good cornerbacks.

Titansfan4lofe- I wanted to take a NT high but didn't think any was worth a pick. Also we could swap Richerson in the 5th for Daniel McCullers who can really take up space to help free up our backers but he brings no pass rush.

Thanks for the replies
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanonefan wrote:
Kingtitan- I know you don't want a cornerback that high but that's one of our biggest question marks. I know we have couple of unproven young guys but I feel with facing Andrew luck and maybe two new qb at jax and texans we will 3 to 4 good cornerbacks.

Titansfan4lofe- I wanted to take a NT high but didn't think any was worth a pick. Also we could swap Richerson in the 5th for Daniel McCullers who can really take up space to help free up our backers but he brings no pass rush.

Thanks for the replies

Well what is Jason Verrett other than another unproven young guy? They like Sensabaugh and BWW. I don't think they're taking a corner high. I mean BWW was an early 3rd round pick and at this point he's more experienced than any rookie we could bring in.

The cupboard is not bare at corner. What we really need to do is coach up BWW, Sensabaugh, and Tommy Campbell (yes I still have some faith in Tommy Campbell)

We have way too many other needs. I'd rather take a tackle in round 2 (even with Oher) than a corner.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Barr.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: